Look what fell out of my mailbox Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How are you liking the Outlaw? Any differences vs your prior AMP or pretty much the same?
I am loving my Outlaw there are differences less in sound quality I'm a big believer all amps sound the same unless driven past their limits but yes in output and clarity and I'll explain why I feel that way when I post my thread on the Outlaw. Sorry it's taken me a minute to do that just been super busy at work

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I heard a couple of AVRs that have bad SINAD there and they sounded great. I'm afraid that few people know the difference in SINAD and it's a value that says nothing about the sound and especially the properties of the device. It seems to me that they measure the exhaust emissions of two identical cars and one met those emissions and the other did not. However, this does not mean that a car that does not meet the emissions is not more powerful, has less pulp consumption or drives less a kilometer than it breaks.
Yeah Amir himself always explains he knows these issues aren't audible that site has a lot of engineers and they get pretty technical he is looking way more for design issues that may be causing those readings. A poorly designed product can lead to problems in reliability

Of course like you said some people will get too caught up in the numbers game

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I heard a couple of AVRs that have bad SINAD there and they sounded great. I'm afraid that few people know the difference in SINAD and it's a value that says nothing about the sound and especially the properties of the device. It seems to me that they measure the exhaust emissions of two identical cars and one met those emissions and the other did not. However, this does not mean that a car that does not meet the emissions is not more powerful, has less pulp consumption or drives less a kilometer than it breaks.
For the record I really enjoyed my Anthem just it pooped out a little past the year mark so if there are some flaws as his measurements MAY indicate that may be a reason MAY. I just know for that level of money I want something that is engineered well

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am a longtime Anthem customer and currently own an AVM60. I believe the 60 has build quality issues, and I have not been happy with Anthem support, so believe me I have some issues with the brand as it exists today.
The question is, why would you remain a loyal customer of ANY brand that has build quality issues and support issue?

Cool features are great. Having the best damn WiFi Remote (AV Controller) in the world and Streaming app (MusicCast) is absolutely a blessing. But quality and support are always salient.

I've been a Yamaha user for only 3 years. From what I've seen, I have absolutely no issues and complaints about build quality or support - not just for me personally, but for other people I know.

If I EVER have issues with build quality and support for Yamaha, I would be looking for another brand. Life is too SHORT to be stuck on any brand that has problems! Why put up with it?

Competition is great. It keeps companies on their toes. I hope that Yamaha's quality and support rub off on every company and make every company better.

E

Endaar

Enthusiast
The question is, why would you remain a loyal customer of ANY brand that has build quality issues and support issue?
What makes you think that I am?

As things stand now I would be hard-pressed to buy another Anthem product, and that's entirely down to quality and support, rather than performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What makes you think that I am?

As things stand now I would be hard-pressed to buy another Anthem product, and that's entirely down to quality and support, rather than performance.
Oh, I read it wrong, then. :D

Yeah, in terms of performance, I've owned or heard just about every brand out there.

If the setup is optimal, I think all brands (Yamaha, Marantz, Denon, Anthem, Arcam, etc.) can sound equally awesome, regardless of any inaudible THD+N and SINAD numbers posted by Amir. :D

Thus, it comes down to quality, reliability, compatibility, price and support.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How are you liking the Outlaw? Any differences vs your prior AMP or pretty much the same?
Hey my friend haven't forgot about you now that I've listened for awhile I'm going to be posting up a new thread tommorow on the Outlaw!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis