Look what fell out of my mailbox Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Very impressive build. Heavy. Very well done nice binding posts on the back nice xlr connections and also I love the finish on the front plate very classy
image.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok so I'll rack them in the morning. The Outlaw 7000x is replacing the Anthem PVA 7.

I wanted xlr connectors on the back

I have some noise in my electrical so I just want the noise reduction xlr brings

I'm aware of the issue with the front left and right xlr on the Yamaha.

But after reviewing Gene's articles and looking at his tests. To drive both the Outlaw and the Anthem MCA 525. I'm only needing 1.5 volts and that's if they are pushed to the max which I doubt I will.

At that level the distortion is so low my amps are probably adding more distortion.

And I don't want to deal with the hassle of mixing xlr and unbalanced so since this issue will be inaudible I'm just using XLR's

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Ok so I'll rack them in the morning. The Outlaw 7000x is replacing the Anthem PVA 7.

I wanted xlr connectors on the back

I have some noise in my electrical so I just want the noise reduction xlr brings

I'm aware of the issue with the front left and right xlr on the Yamaha.

But after reviewing Gene's articles and looking at his tests. To drive both the Outlaw and the Anthem MCA 525. I'm only needing 1.5 volts and that's if they are pushed to the max which I doubt I will.

At that level the distortion is so low my amps are probably adding more distortion.

And I don't want to deal with the hassle of mixing xlr and unbalanced so since this issue will be inaudible I'm just using XLR's
What’s the issue with the front left/right XLR on the Yamaha?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Also when one cross's over into Texas there are signs that say "Don't Mess With Texas" There is a Double meaning to that little message ;) Post up your thoughts on your new Pre-Pro when you get it setup.
I heard they have a saying in Texas when someone is executed- "He needed killin'.".

highfigh

highfigh

View attachment 47610
Okay the Yamaha is out first thoughts and impressions please remember this is subjective so take it with a grain of salt

The build quality is hands down going to the Yamaha over the Anthem. Looks hands down for the Yamaha. The Anthem doesn't have the same build quality. The Yamaha just feels and looks so much better and well built.

Internals I've viewed pictures on both not going to download them here but In comparing the Yamaha looks better laid out and built.

Winner Yamaha
I think you'll need to take that green tape off if you want to access the settings.

Hey, you asked for first impressions.....

BTW- once you plug it in, do a hard reset and firmware update with the AVR hard wired. ALWAYS.

Once the update is finished, find its IP address and connect to it with a computer- you can't do a full setup without that and it's much easier because the GUI on a computer shows EVERYTHING that's available.

Open your browser and enter the IP address with as whatever the router uses for the first octet (10 for Apple, 192 for just about everything else) '192.xxx.xxx.xxx/setup' (no apostrophes).

As far as layout and build- if Anthem could match Yamaha's (or any huge corporation's) layout and build, they would but they don't have as much $$$$ behind them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
At 2 volts, THD+N = 0.003%
At 4 volts, THD+N = 0.015%

You’re not going to hear any distortion or noise either way. But the “issue” is that it’s not considered by some people to be “state of the art”.

SNR in Pure Direct Mode = 101dB, which Gene says is excellent.

These measurements were done back in January 2020. I wonder if Yamaha has made any changes to the CX-A5200 since the day Gene brought this non-SOTA issue to their attention. But we won’t know for sure unless someone like ASR gets his hands on a new CX-A5200. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think you'll need to take that green tape off if you want to access the settings.

BTW- once you plug it in, do a hard reset and firmware update with the AVR hard wired. ALWAYS.

Once the update is finished, find its IP address and connect to it with a computer- you can't do a full setup without that and it's much easier because the GUI on a computer shows EVERYTHING that's available.

Open your browser and enter the IP address with as whatever the router uses for the first octet (10 for Apple, 192 for just about everything else) '192.xxx.xxx.xxx/setup' (no apostrophes).

As far as layout and build- if Anthem could match Yamaha's (or any huge corporation's) layout and build, they would but they don't have as much $$$$ behind them.
Okay will do and thanks

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In Gene's review those 2 channels only measured higher in distortion then the CX A5100 due to an issue with the volume control on how it interacts somehow with those 2 channels it's not an issue with the unbalanced connects BUT. If you don't need to push 4 volts out with it which how many amps will really need that anyway. You're never going to get close to it and even if you do it's still not audible. It bothered Gene though because it was a design boo boo and that's understandable he's there to critique its strengths and weaknesses in the review

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I heard they have a saying in Texas when someone is executed- "He needed killin'.".
They also have a saying Only Steers and Queerys come from Texas. Don't smoke to much of that Wacky weed. But down here Louisiana when someone needs to be Executed- We don't talk about, They just Disappear into thin air! :D

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

They also have a saying Only Steers and Queerys come from Texas. Don't smoke to much of that Wacky weed. I think you may have had a little to much staying up late with all them New toys you just got in. But down here Louisiana when someone needs to be Executed- We don't talk about, They just Disappear into thin air! :D
'Swamp justice'?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
They also have a saying Only Steers and Queerys come from Texas. Don't smoke to much of that Wacky weed. I think you may have had a little to much staying up late with all them New toys you just got in. But down here Louisiana when someone needs to be Executed- We don't talk about, They just Disappear into thin air! :D
“Thin air” = Bayou + gator
;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
“Thin air” = Bayou + gator
;)
Not thin air... not Bayou or gators.
This,
53F6B4D4-35F8-4A18-8590-76FFE2AB78F3.jpeg

If I where You Guys Drive Around Louisiana Don't even Stop for gas. Oh wait, if your headed to the East coast you may have to. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Hey can do me a favor what's the instructions on doing a hard reset for this model I've been looking and can't find any I found the way to do it for the 5100 model but not this one just want to make sure I do it right

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Another question spoke with my dealer and it's new not a return should I still do a factory reset then? Don't want to do extra if I don't have too

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Now back to @highfigh thread, More Photos!! Some with the hood off if your dare.
Hey what kind off audio slut do you think I am bro? You need to at least buy me a big Mac before I'm taking anything off. I do have standards you know

:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis