Look what fell out of my mailbox Lol

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Okay wow! I mean just wow. It sounds amazing on movies I have no need to even go past -35 on the volume. I can't really tell a difference with AI on and off with 4k movies but I've heard that it sounds good with AI on older 5. and 7. Sources unmixed. If that's the case then I'll let you guys know and if that's the case I'll be going with AI on at all times. AI will be off for music
I’m sceptical AI does much but my AVR predates that option so I can’t really say much. My guess is that AI is a dynamic DSP feature. If so DSP is more of an option that was used back in the Prologic days. I don’t think DSP is useful now that we have access to DSU and NeuralX. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My only problem is the SV 1212PR up front is acting a bit wonky when I switch inputs or pause a movie they're is a thump. But I believe it's the sub not the Yammy. That subs RCA jack has always been a little off so I plan on running both subs on the XLR in the back and problem solved plus I get 2 RBH 1212 nearfield in the back Awesome!!!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't live in Texass!! @Danzilla31 You do live in Texas right! @KEW Man done posted on Your Thread "The F$$k You State" Wow on the Mans Thread! I'd watch your 6 Kew. You just may find a Long Horn up your A$$. :cool: By the way @KEW you live on the East coast's right? Trouble finding gasoline? You from Georgia right? oh Ouch!!
Naw, Dan's not the guy to get bent over something like that. The boys in Jersey would take it as a compliment if it was for their state!
There were definitely stations out of gas but I never attempted to buy gas. My primary car is a Chevy volt that gives me about 58 mi every day from charging it overnight and I already had 7/8 of a tank which registers as 281 miles of gas-only range in my car. Unless I go on a road trip, three quarters of a tank will last me a month!
And if push came to shove I have an Explorer with over 10 gallons of gas in it that I could siphon out and put in the volt which gets about 40 miles to the gallon when running gas only (vs 16 mpg in the Explorer).

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Naw, Dan's not the guy to get bent over something like that. The boys in Jersey would take it as a compliment if it was for their state!
There were definitely stations out of gas but I never attempted to buy gas. My primary car is a Chevy volt that gives me about 58 mi every day from charging it overnight and I already had 7/8 of a tank which registers as 281 miles of gas-only range in my car. Unless I go on a road trip, three quarters of a tank will last me a month!
And if push came to shove I have an Explorer with over 10 gallons of gas in it that I could siphon out and put in the volt which gets about 40 miles to the gallon when running gas only (vs 16 mpg in the Explorer).
@KEW, it was/is a Complement to the state of Texas. As to get "Bent over something like that" I'm Fun- in, think making (Wisecracks). It's the internet, I don't take anything Seriously on the internet much less Sly remarks sarcasm, Arrogance, the so-called read in-between line Double meaning urban slang BS. I got has lil thing about the (Port) with the Mayo jar. His, yours, mine, or anyone else's (wisecracks) because I've seen and read from well respected members Educated or not, make and post-up Nasty arrogant pompous a$& remarks. Sure anyone could take comments like mine yours or even Genes comments as Offensive. Gene posted up a video Recently and made a (Wisecrack) about "Sticking your head up at Butch's a$$ asking for 7-steaks" Some would take that as a Complement. Don't know I sure don't know what a Butcher likes up his a$$. I guess messing around with meat all day going in and out of those cold Freezers may just get off on something up his/her a$$. If he is Homosexual I'm sure lots of thing's go up a his/her a$$. I heard they like big Pickle D$$ks. :cool:. @KEW, as for the gas thing that is and still is joking around (wisecrack) even the ones about Louisiana or any other State. Here's the thing, it's funny when other's make (Wisecracks) and it's Directed at someone else You, Me or whoever. But when it's Urban slang, Cajun slang Pompous a$$ Engineer slang, be it Electrical audio microwave, Pharmacy's or Doctors with PhD's with a masters. It's funny to them. But let others do it. They will Call you out and you may get the hammer (Banned). Lots come in here Bragging about the big houses, high end dollar speakers Big HT rooms or Fancy cars they postup videos of some of the Nastiest sh$t I've ever seen on the Internet forum. Hell they'll start up a Thread just for the Purpose of bullying, Slander Bashing of Gear or Certain manufacturers of gear. I know you have seen and read sh$t like that on AH. It's done Randomly all the time to date. I've read sh$t like that way back in 2011. It was and still is the reason New members don't open up a account on AH. New members are called "Noobs" Google "Noob" Urban slang. It's not what You may think it's Not a complement for sure. But you may know that already. I don't know the OP never met him/her, may be a sheb/hebe may Like to swing both ways, may be Black white Caucasian Asian or the other persuasion. I will say this No One knows me on AH or has met me in person. Same goes for me knowing or having met anyone on AH in person. AH members new and old make some of the Nastiest comments about Louisiana Cajun heritage or it's People of color. I'll stop there, @KEW. But yeah, I get, got your point in your post. The Internet is what it is. Lots of Businessman hang out on this form for one purpose and one purpose only to sell sell sell. Lots of Audio Dealer hang out on AH, SVS, RBH, Denon, Yamaha and so on, Professional installers of Home audio hang out on AH. Anyone posts up a comment of even not in good taste will get the hammer. Why? May Cost them to lose Sales!! lose Money. ADTG is a Businessman, MCode is a Businessman, Gene is a businessman , Dennis speaker building businessman. All are hanging out on Genes forum Why? To Make M.O.N.E.Y!!! the few who do hang out on AH as Hobbyist who really enjoy audio gear are few and far between. Than there are the ones Who hang out on AH and have been for years have special privileges. They go around use Bullying tactic takes sentences out of context and so on. If my Profile gets locked or the hammer from anyone of my Post or Comments, It is what it is MODs gotta pin it on someone. Happens all the time on forums a bunch will Bannup just to (PIN)-(Pinch) Google those two only in use of Urban slang see what you get.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'll let you guys know about music but since this is a theater room it doesn't really matter
Wait, what??????????????????

How can music not matter in a home theater? If the programming has music, it HAS to sound great, too. Audio and video, when playing together, are inseparable. There's no reason to put up with bad audio, even if the video is stunning.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@KEW, it was/is a Complement to the state of Texas. As to get "Bent over something like that" I'm Fun- in, think making (Wisecracks). It's the internet, I don't take anything Seriously on the internet much less Sly remarks sarcasm, Arrogance, the so-called read in-between line Double meaning urban slang BS. I got has lil thing about the (Port) with the Mayo jar. His, yours, mine, or anyone else's (wisecracks) because I've seen and read from well respected members Educated or not, make and post-up Nasty arrogant pompous a$& remarks. Sure anyone could take comments like mine yours or even Genes comments as Offensive. Gene posted up a video Recently and made a (Wisecrack) about "Sticking your head up at Butch's a$$ asking for 7-steaks" Some would take that as a Complement. Don't know I sure don't know what a Butcher likes up his a$$. I guess messing around with meat all day going in and out of those cold Freezers may just get off on something up his/her a$$. If he is Homosexual I'm sure lots of thing's go up a his/her a$$. I heard they like big Pickle D$$ks. :cool:. @KEW, as for the gas thing that is and still is joking around (wisecrack) even the ones about Louisiana or any other State. Here's the thing, it's funny when other's make (Wisecracks) and it's Directed at someone else You, Me or whoever. But when it's Urban slang, Cajun slang Pompous a$$ Engineer slang, be it Electrical audio microwave, Pharmacy's or Doctors with PhD's with a masters. It's funny to them. But let others do it. They will Call you out and you may get the hammer (Banned). Lots come in here Bragging about the big houses, high end dollar speakers Big HT rooms or Fancy cars they postup videos of some of the Nastiest sh$t I've ever seen on the Internet forum. Hell they'll start up a Thread just for the Purpose of bullying, Slander Bashing of Gear or Certain manufacturers of gear. I know you have seen and read sh$t like that on AH. It's done Randomly all the time to date. I've read sh$t like that way back in 2011. It was and still is the reason New members don't open up a account on AH. New members are called "Noobs" Google "Noob" Urban slang. It's not what You may think it's Not a complement for sure. But you may know that already. I don't know the OP never met him/her, may be a sheb/hebe may Like to swing both ways, may be Black white Caucasian Asian or the other persuasion. I will say this No One knows me on AH or has met me in person. Same goes for me knowing or having met anyone on AH in person. AH members new and old make some of the Nastiest comments about Louisiana Cajun heritage or it's People of color. I'll stop there, @KEW. But yeah, I get, got your point in your post. The Internet is what it is. Lots of Businessman hang out on this form for one purpose and one purpose only to sell sell sell. Lots of Audio Dealer hang out on AH, SVS, RBH, Denon, Yamaha and so on, Professional installers of Home audio hang out on AH. Anyone posts up a comment of even not in good taste will get the hammer. Why? May Cost them to lose Sales!! lose Money. ADTG is a Businessman, MCode is a Businessman, Gene is a businessman , Dennis speaker building businessman. All are hanging out on Genes forum Why? To Make M.O.N.E.Y!!! the few who do hang out on AH as Hobbyist who really enjoy audio gear are few and far between. Than there are the ones Who hang out on AH and have been for years have special privileges. They go around use Bullying tactic takes sentences out of context and so on. If my Profile gets locked or the hammer from anyone of my Post or Comments, It is what it is MODs gotta pin it on someone. Happens all the time on forums a bunch will Bannup just to (PIN)-(Pinch) Google those two only in use of Urban slang see what you get.
Your perspective/awareness is at a whole nother level from mine, but it's cool. ..
You do you and I'll do me!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Your perspective/awareness is at a whole nother level from mine, but it's cool. ..
You do you and I'll do me!
That's Exactly my point, your level isn't mine or anyone else's. I know, You know that I know , You know your level isn't that high. :D @KEW baby steps bro but your all most there:cool:
95965D0C-6F9F-47A0-80EF-153B033F7616.jpg

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It sounds amazing with movies...I'll let you guys know about music...
My CX-A5100 sounds at least as awesome as my $7,500 Denon AVP-A1HDCI for 2CH Music (the Yamaha CX replaced the Denon AVP).

But my CX-A5100 sounds much better (for MCH Music DSP) than the AVP-A1HDCI since the AVP-A1 does NOT have NeuralX or DSU. :D

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
My CX-A5100 sounds at least as awesome as my $7,500 Denon AVP-A1HDCI for 2CH Music.

But my CX-A5100 sounds much better (for MCH Music DSP) than anything that doesn't have NeuralX or DSU. :D
@AcuDefTechGuy so now you Don't like NeuralX or DSU. Dan ain't even done Evaluating his new Yamaha 5200! it's on Pilgrim! I told you Not to mess with Rooster! now you starting on Dan! I'm coming for you!
5CBF2072-D83E-42A8-973D-6FCE2391C56F.jpg

When I get to your driveway watch out!!
EF78C4A3-5CA4-4161-B149-A3F75A377EDB.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

How can music not matter in a home theater? If the programming has music, it HAS to sound great, too. Audio and video, when playing together, are inseparable. There's no reason to put up with bad audio, even if the video is stunning.
I meant more 2 channel critical listening your right music does matter I just haven't had a chance to indulge I was too busy enjoying movies yesterday lol

I'll post back tonight after I jam on some music

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Since audio sounds so good during music especially on movies I have faith it will on music too excited to tell you guys my thoughts after work

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ahhhhhh wooow. Jamming on the music for awhile. It sounds soooooo good

I love everything was using Tidal. I love straight pass through with PCM gave me a great 2 channel with sub the auto decoder and decoder were so good I really liked Dolby on this processor

They really let those speakers shine.

The phone app is so good I really don't even need to program my big fancy schmancy remote it's that good

Final Verdict? Going to be the Yamaha HANDS DOWN. I love this processor. It's bug free easy to setup and sounds great and visuals are fantastic as well

Sorry Anthem I'll be sending this in repairing it and it's going to have to find a new home. Don't even need to plug the Anthem back in when it gets back and I loved my Anthrm I just REALLY LOVE my Yammy

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I give Anthem a lot of credit for even being able to stay in the game, but at the end of the day, it is pretty hard to compete with the high volume producers and the associated budget for research, development, and implementation. Anthem charges more for their product, but they'd have to charge yet more to keep up with Yamaha (and D&M) if you are talking full featured pre-pros!

E

Endaar

Enthusiast
I give Anthem a lot of credit for even being able to stay in the game, but at the end of the day, it is pretty hard to compete with the high volume producers and the associated budget for research, development, and implementation. Anthem charges more for their product, but they'd have to charge yet more to keep up with Yamaha (and D&M) if you are talking full featured pre-pros!
This is an interesting argument that I'm curious to pursue further.

I am a longtime Anthem customer and currently own an AVM60. I believe the 60 has build quality issues, and I have not been happy with Anthem support, so believe me I have some issues with the brand as it exists today. That said, I don't see how it is missing anything that would warrant the implication that it's not "full featured."

I took a quick look at the Yamaha manual, and it seems like the main features on the Yamaha that aren't present on the Anthem are better multi-zone support, and better streaming options. Multi-zone isn't something everyone needs, and streaming options are IMO best left to outboard devices. (The AVM60 has DTS Play-Fi and I also own a Denon 4500 with HEOS; neither will work with the other, nor will either work with multiroom Amazon Alexa setups.) The Anthem seemingly has more flexibility with inputs and speaker assignments, AnthemLogic surround modes, and the general consensus seems to be ARC is better than YPAO.

On paper the two seem like a wash with respect to features. I'm wondering why you feel otherwise.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

I am a longtime Anthem customer and currently own an AVM60. I believe the 60 has build quality issues, and I have not been happy with Anthem support, so believe me I have some issues with the brand as it exists today. That said, I don't see how it is missing anything that would warrant the implication that it's not "full featured."

I took a quick look at the Yamaha manual, and it seems like the main features on the Yamaha that aren't present on the Anthem are better multi-zone support, and better streaming options. Multi-zone isn't something everyone needs, and streaming options are IMO best left to outboard devices. (The AVM60 has DTS Play-Fi and I also own a Denon 4500 with HEOS; neither will work with the other, nor will either work with multiroom Amazon Alexa setups.) The Anthem seemingly has more flexibility with inputs and speaker assignments, AnthemLogic surround modes, and the general consensus seems to be ARC is better than YPAO.

On paper the two seem like a wash with respect to features. I'm wondering why you feel otherwise.
Maybe I did not word that as well as I should have.
Anthem will generally be a little behind the curve on features because they do not update their design on an annual or bi-annual basis like the high volume manufacturers do (correct me if this is not the case for Anthem, but most smaller manufacturers simply cannot justify frequent redesigns).
However, I meant to put more emphasis in the inability of a smaller company to compete in the quality of the design.

To demonstrate, here is a thorough review of the AVM-60 ($3000 MSRP):

and here is the Denon AVR-X3600H ($1100 MSRP):

Understand that I did cherry-pick the 3600 as an inexpensive AVR with great performance, but when you look at the measurements for the Anthems and consider the price, they do not compete the way you would hope/expect!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I'm in the same issue with the 60 on your assessment of build quality issues. And it's taking a long time to hear back from them on support. It is what it is

O

oupee

Enthusiast
Maybe I did not word that as well as I should have.
Anthem will generally be a little behind the curve on features because they do not update their design on an annual or bi-annual basis like the high volume manufacturers do (correct me if this is not the case for Anthem, but most smaller manufacturers simply cannot justify frequent redesigns).
However, I meant to put more emphasis in the inability of a smaller company to compete in the quality of the design.

To demonstrate, here is a thorough review of the AVM-60 ($3000 MSRP):

and here is the Denon AVR-X3600H ($1100 MSRP):

Understand that I did cherry-pick the 3600 as an inexpensive AVR with great performance, but when you look at the measurements for the Anthems and consider the price, they do not compete the way you would hope/expect!
I heard a couple of AVRs that have bad SINAD there and they sounded great. I'm afraid that few people know the difference in SINAD and it's a value that says nothing about the sound and especially the properties of the device. It seems to me that they measure the exhaust emissions of two identical cars and one met those emissions and the other did not. However, this does not mean that a car that does not meet the emissions is not more powerful, has less pulp consumption or drives less a kilometer than it breaks.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
How are you liking the Outlaw? Any differences vs your prior AMP or pretty much the same?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis