JVC Projector Owner’s Thread

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
They said that they probably priced it too inexpensively from the beginning. And yes, there are specials for that projector this month, so it's a great time to pick one up.

BTW in my opinion, JVC had the absolute best projector demo at the show. It was the NX9/RS3000 and it was stunning.

C

cgarlock

Junior Audioholic
So far I haven’t seen any of those things you mentioned on my NX5, so hopefully never will.
I'm with you, I haven't seen any of the above mentioned issues. I hope I never do either. It does make me wonder those who have experienced them if it's some other issue? Bad source, broken cable?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm with you, I haven't seen any of the above mentioned issues. I hope I never do either. It does make me wonder those who have experienced them if it's some other issue? Bad source, broken cable?
I got other JVC 4K PJs (NX5, NX7) for some other friends a couple of months ago. None of them have any issues either.

So it might be a few very early bad apples during the initial rollout. Hopefully JVC has that all squared away.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I don't remember seeing it on the demos, but they had it sitting on a shelf in the booth.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't remember seeing it on the demos, but they had it sitting on a shelf in the booth.
That’s too bad you didn’t get to see the JVC NZ3 in action.

Laser, 4K-eShift, 3,000 Lumens, and —— excuse me ——— an Infinity:1 Contrast Ratio? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Whoopee!! The new firmware is out with the new DTM and anamorphic lens fix, etc. Hot off the press. Now to finish my theater and get that puppy up and running!

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/download/dla-nx9_dla-nx7_dla-nx5_dla-n7_dla-n5_dla-n11_dla-n8_dla-n6_dla-rs3000_dla-rs2000_dla-rs1000/
Have you installed the update?

I'm always afraid of installing any kind of updates for anything. So I just download the update, but wait for everyone else to install the update first. :D

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Have you installed the update?

I'm always afraid of installing any kind of updates for anything. So I just download the update, but wait for everyone else to install the update first. :D
No, I have not. I read today on AVS where several people have and were generally impressed by the improvements for HDR. I don't have my pj installed yet so I won't install it until then, hopefully at the end of the month.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
No firmware updates for the RS540, etc. so I suppose that model year won't be getting any new features at all. I like it just fine the way it is, but that seems like a lost opportunity.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
That’s too bad you didn’t get to see the JVC NZ3 in action.

Laser, 4K-eShift, 3,000 Lumens, and —— excuse me ——— an Infinity:1 Contrast Ratio? :D
How expensive are these nice 4k projectors and what do you spend on bulbs do they cost a lot of you find somewhere to get them cheaper ?

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Prices start at $5999 for the RS1000 and go up from there. Of course we have much better pricing than that. :)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Prices start at $5999 for the RS1000 and go up from there. Of course we have much better pricing than that. :)
How much cheaper can you find it ?
I guess it’s probably better then going to the cinema haha and better sound .
Expensive but high quality

Free the reptile aliens

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief

Free the reptile aliens
You need to call the dealers to get street pricing on the pjs. There are several if you look around here and on other A/V sites. I got a B stock RS2000 for less than the retail of the RS1000 and love it (at least the little I saw of it as I'm still building my theater).
As for the bulbs I just bought bare bulbs that are the same as the OEM for less than $100.
As mentioned above, once again, search engines are your friend. As well as looking at some of the good people's signatures here on Audioholics. :D

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic

Free the reptile aliens
Contact me at the email below.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As for the bulbs I just bought bare bulbs that are the same as the OEM for less than $100.
So you can just get the bare bulbs and install them into the Lamp Housing?

Is it pretty simple?

I might have to do that in the future and save money. :D

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
So you can just get the bare bulbs and install them into the Lamp Housing?

Is it pretty simple?

I might have to do that in the future and save money. :D
Yes, they are available. I'll pm you the place where I ordered them. I have not done one but in reading online it appears it's not too hard to do.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
So, I heard that the 790/RS540 has been discontinued officially from JVC in favor of the 1000/2000/3000 series. I really wish JVC had stuck with the 590 as an entry level into LCoS and had put pricing right at $3,000 for it. The jump now is to get their good quality, but weak image, DLP model for $2,500 or to spend $6,000 (MSRP) on a native 4K model. That's such a huge price gap and there's just nothing sitting in there for people to buy from them. It really ups their pricing. I guess they just don't see the demand for more affordable models for the public.

Yeah, I think it sucks that they have gotten rid of a model line that delivered an incredible image for a fair price. But, I have my 590 and I'm not about to upgrade anytime soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis