JTR Speakers. They can't be this good!!!

J

jamie2112

Banned
Wow thats 2 red chicklets from this thread..I feel better just knowing you are a coward who doesn't sign his neg rep......too funny as if I care..........:D The funny thing is if I gave you a bad rep you would know it as I sign my name....as you put it "punk"

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Wow thats 2 red chicklets from this thread..I feel better just knowing you are a coward who doesn't sign his neg rep......too funny as if I care..........:D The funny thing is if I gave you a bad rep you would know it as I sign my name....as you put it "punk"
Anonymous poster and red chicklet giver: "would you like a negative chicklet?"

Innocent and most likely correct poster: "thank you sir, may I have another?"

and follows a couple of cliche lines....

"I pity the foo"

&

"BRING IT ON!"

&

"BRING IT ON AGAIN: the dancing money"

etc...

Last edited:
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Its meant for music. Most music doesnt go below 40 anyways. I think the lowest note on a piano is around 37 or so. acoustical bass is around 40 I THINK. The growlers are very powerful and very clean. They were as impressive as the T12s.
Lowest note on the piano (A0) is 27.5hz and lowest note on an acoustic bass (E1) is 41.20hz.

;)
--> http://www.contrabass.com/pages/frequency.html

* Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla. Ouuhhh... swisshhh... snapsss... Can you feel the lightnings!

Last edited:
R

Robof83

Audioholic
My search into the JTRs has led me to the likes of Seaton Sound. Anyone have any experience with these.

They are considerably more expensive than the JTR but also appear to be very competitive at their price point.

By comparison they seem to be more HT oriented than the JTRs even though they are powered. By reading the forums I came to the conclusion that they won't play as loud as the JTR, but they must make up for this somewhere since they are twice the price. One reason the are more expensive is obviously because they are self amplified. They also look nicer and appear to be more well built. They are about the same size as the JTR Triple 12 but weigh 53% more.

In this link, http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post?id=3044980#1 the designer of the speaker, Mark Seaton, describes the details of the speaker including cabinet details.

Here is a frequency response and phase response graph http://seatonsound.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3098564&trail=20#5 the frequency response looks to be pretty good. It shows +/-1.8db from 100hz to 20,000hz. I'm not knowledgeable enough to judge the phase response, but I'm sure some of you will understand it.

I'm not sure why the only show the fr graph from 100hz to 20khz since the range is from 55hz to 21khz.

I'm curious as to what some of the more well-educated member's objective opinions are on this product.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Sorry I can't comment any more or I will get an unsigned neg rep.........:eek::D

Matt34

Matt34

My search into the JTRs has led me to the likes of Seaton Sound. Anyone have any experience with these.

They are considerably more expensive than the JTR but also appear to be very competitive at their price point.

By comparison they seem to be more HT oriented than the JTRs even though they are powered. By reading the forums I came to the conclusion that they won't play as loud as the JTR, but they must make up for this somewhere since they are twice the price. One reason the are more expensive is obviously because they are self amplified. They also look nicer and appear to be more well built. They are about the same size as the JTR Triple 12 but weigh 53% more.

In this link, http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post?id=3044980#1 the designer of the speaker, Mark Seaton, describes the details of the speaker including cabinet details.

Here is a frequency response and phase response graph http://seatonsound.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3098564&trail=20#5 the frequency response looks to be pretty good. It shows +/-1.8db from 100hz to 20,000hz. I'm not knowledgeable enough to judge the phase response, but I'm sure some of you will understand it.

I'm not sure why the only show the fr graph from 100hz to 20khz since the range is from 55hz to 21khz.

I'm curious as to what some of the more well-educated member's objective opinions are on this product.
He is also developing a smaller active monitor called the Spark. I'm not sure how far out it is until production.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
He is also developing a smaller active monitor called the Spark. I'm not sure how far out it is until production.
I get to hear the all Seaton HT setup (Catalysts, Sparks and Submersive) tomorrow.:cool:

BTW, the Triple 12LF's are 125lbs/ea and hardly lightweights.

R

Robof83

Audioholic
Thats awesome, let us know what you think. You are the perfect person to make the comparison since you already own the JTR.

Side note, I was referring to the Triple 12 not the Triple 12 LF which is actually a bit larger. The reason I compared the 12 and not the 12 LF was simply because the 12 was closer in size to the Catalyst.

Your point did help me notice something somewhat interesting though. The 12 LF is only 18% bigger than the 12 yet it weighs 2/3 more.

R

Robof83

Audioholic
I saw that. They also seem to be quite a bit more affordable as well.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I get to hear the all Seaton HT setup (Catalysts, Sparks and Submersive) tomorrow.:cool:

BTW, the Triple 12LF's are 125lbs/ea and hardly lightweights.
Keep me updated on it if you would. I've never heard any of the Seaton stuff.

Take some pics if you wouldn't mind. Always interested in a new active monitor..

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Keep me updated on it if you would. I've never heard any of the Seaton stuff.

Take some pics if you wouldn't mind. Always interested in a new active monitor..
Thanks for reminding me to take the camera. Should be impressive as Mark arrived a day early to setup the system and I believe they are using a Audyssey Pro EQ to fine tune.

I'll start a thread with impressions tomorrow.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for reminding me to take the camera. Should be impressive as Mark arrived a day early to setup the system and I believe they are using a Audyssey Pro EQ to fine tune.

Cheers.

Run the stuff without the EQ also if you can.

Is he setting it up in your listening room?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai

Looking forward to the summary of this GTG....:)

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
JTR Triples

Anyone own JTR's triple 8's or 12's?

We want to replace our front Klipsch RF-82II for Music Solely, and the VGT's have nothing we want... will the JTR's kick the Klipsch out of the park or will it be the KEF R900's?

Drop me a PM.. Thanks.

Den

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General

We want to replace our front Klipsch RF-82II for Music Solely, and the VGT's have nothing we want... will the JTR's kick the Klipsch out of the park or will it be the KEF R900's?

Drop me a PM.. Thanks.

Den
Don't you mean JRT speakers? :p:D Sorry, I couldn't resist (an inside joke for those that read this entire thread :)).

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
JTR speakers are loud, but you will likely want pro-amps to drive them.;)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai

Drop me a PM.. Thanks.

Den
They have to kick. Not too long ago I checked these untitled3 speakers out and they only have (2) 8" drivers. With the matching sub I felt like all hell break loose. It was like beeing in first row at a rock concert. I would imagine they sound good.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis