i need some advice on my next sub!

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
so maybe the HSU VTF-2 or the SVS PB2000pro is worth looking at more closely?

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
i am on my back porch smoking a boston butt for some pulled pork while on audioholics trying to figure out what sub to get! LIFE IS GOOD! :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
so maybe the HSU VTF-2 or the SVS PB2000pro is worth looking at more closely?
Bingo! I like both of those choices. If I had the budget I would get the PB/PC2000 Pro. Mainly because they look a little nicer and I love SVS. Plus they have some DSP capability iirc. Not to take anything away from the VTF-2 for performance. Both are great subs.

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
Bingo! I like both of those choices. If I had the budget I would get the PB/PC2000 Pro. Mainly because they look a little nicer and I love SVS. Plus they have some DSP capability iirc. Not to take anything away from the VTF-2 for performance. Both are great subs.
Pogre, i think you just made up my mind for me. these are the two i will consider the most. thanks!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey, I jus wanna pulled pork sandwich on an onion bun with coleslaw and my favorite bbq sauce. And a 32oz Porter.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And don't most all use dsp to some extent, including sealed? Which adds group delay, one of things that sealed proponents like to point to in ported designs. Both fall outside the realm of audibility in most cases and neither are meaningfully "better" for music than the other.
Yes sealed generally use dsp to boost lower bass response, particularly to provide "flat" response. That's what I was inferring with the less dsp on ported....

Group delay I think is more from the port than dsp but I'd have to ask shadyJ.

Another article for OP https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/sealed-vs-ported-subwoofers

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre, i think you just made up my mind for me. these are the two i will consider the most. thanks!
The real trick is getting your sub dialed in and blended well with your speakers. Your room is in charge of the bass and some spots will work better than others for subs. Depending how deep down the rabbit hole you wanna go it can take a little bit of experimenting to find the *best* placement. That's where dual subs come into play and can help smooth out room modes.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
We all gonna start swappin' recipes now or sumpthin'? :p

I love me some carnitas, but that's in fairly regular rotation on our dinner menu here. It's been a while since I've had me some smoked pulled pork!

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
We all gonna start swappin' recipes now or sumpthin'? :p

I love me some carnitas, but that's in fairly regular rotation on our dinner menu here. It's been a while since I've had me some smoked pulled pork!
we do one about every month!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Good gawd... go for a workout at the pool and 2 pages later...
Image result for mind melting gif

I'm glad to see the result will be looking at VTF-2 and PB or PC 2000 Pros.
:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Great thing about carnitas is it works perfectly fine in a sammich with some cole slaw, too :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
dont forget the jalepanos!
Fresh only or fresh roasted (on further pondering :) )....hate the pickled ones. I use them in cooking the pork as well as some other sources of heat, too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis