i need some advice on my next sub!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Fresh only or fresh roasted (on further pondering :) )....hate the pickled ones. I use them in cooking the pork as well as some other sources of heat, too.
Fresh or pickled for me, depends on what I’m doin. Also, candied jalapeños(cowboy candy is another name), are very nice on many things.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Never saw the candied ones....
I don’t know if they’re available in stores that way. We made our own after trying some at a family gathering a few years ago. Sweet plus heat. Mmmmmmm
Edit: Was gonna share a link. But if you put a search in googletron there’s an endless list of recipes. Lot of prep work. Not sure that’s your thing or not. Lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I put fresh Jalapeños in everything. Just the right balance of heat and pop of freshness. I ALWAYS have a couple in the crisper.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Protip: ALWAYS wash your hands after seeding and chopping Jalapeños, ESPECIALLY before taking a leak and touching your junk!

I speaketh from experience...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Protip: ALWAYS wash your hands after seeding and chopping Jalapeños, ESPECIALLY before taking a leak and touching your junk!

Not the hotness you where looking for? :p

Same for several other types of chili, at least when accidentally touching the eyes. I've not tried your junk thing, and have no immediate plans for it either.

I too speaketh from experience...

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Not a problem, I'll just be careful when I change my Depends ............

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
question? if i wanted to add a second sub and my yamaha only has 1 sub output would this be possible or would i need to get another receiver with 2 sub outouts?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You can use a y-splitter to do this, but the best succes in a situation like this would come from keeping the subs equidistant and symetrical.
A true dual Sub AVR which will allow you to control distance and trim for both individually would be better (some AVRs just use the single Sub approach with an internal Y).
A better approach given the limits of your AVR would be to implement a MiniDSP 2x4 and Room EQ Wizard to program it. This gets more expensive, but will allow you to manage delay and volume individually along with managing EQ for the subs. This is an advanced approach and will take time and effort as well as extra cost to implement.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
question? if i wanted to add a second sub and my yamaha only has 1 sub output would this be possible or would i need to get another receiver with 2 sub outouts?
You can use a splitter to add a second sub, no problem. Something like this.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You can use a y-splitter to do this, but the best succes in a situation like this would come from keeping the subs equidistant and symetrical.
A true dual Sub AVR which will allow you to control distance and trim for both individually would be better (some AVRs just use the single Sub approach with an internal Y).
A better approach given the limits of your AVR would be to implement a MiniDSP 2x4 and Room EQ Wizard to program it. This gets more expensive, but will allow you to manage delay and volume individually along with managing EQ for the subs. This is an advanced approach and will take time and effort as well as extra cost to implement.
Jinx!

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
You can use a splitter to add a second sub, no problem. Something like this.

i need some instruction here. how do i connect to and from receiver and the 2 subs?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
i need some instruction here. how do i connect to and from receiver and the 2 subs?
You plug the splitter into the sub out on your receiver then run rcas from the splitter ends to your subs.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Also if your subs allow it, you can daisy chain, too.

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
thanks again. thinking now about going dual with my setup. my yamaha is 80w/ch with 2ch driven so just using the 2 ch for stereo has worked great and sounds good but doing dual subs with a splitter will that affect the sound quality in any way?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
thanks again. thinking now about going dual with my setup. my yamaha is 80w/ch with 2ch driven so just using the 2 ch for stereo has worked great and sounds good but doing dual subs with a splitter will that affect the sound quality in any way?
no.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The wattage output for your speakers is a different thing, the subs only get a very low voltage pre-out signal from the avr.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis