How Hillary won the popular vote

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It is good to see that the Republicans are interested in inappropriate factors influencing the vote.
I do believe laws need to be made and these companies need to be reeled in ... pretty sure there is nothing illegal about the activities discussed, but it does seem ethically wrong and should not be left as is!
Now, if only the Republicans had enough concern to address Gerrymandering and Russian interference!

Philosophically, if Facebook had selectively sent a "Go Vote!" message only to Democrats, I'm not sure how that squares against a crew of people pounding the pavement with a "Go Vote!" message where they might be targeting one party. It is interesting that somehow they are so different, but certainly to my mind, one is much more problematic than the other (maybe it is the lack of effort required!?). But I do believe new laws will have to be formulated to prevent this from happening.
Right now Facebook, Google, etc have very little in the way of regulation restricting what they do.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm so disgusted with politics. You'll rarely see me comment on it. I think both parties are fucked.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I just know this thread is going to turn into another dumpster fire of political bickering. I am so tempted to lock it right now...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I just know this thread is going to turn into another dumpster fire of political bickering. I am so tempted to lock it right now...
Just drown us in halon gas? ;) :)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Jeff Daniels was just interviewed on Colbert. His home state of Michigan was brought up in regards to the debate. Jeff explained that Democrats HAVE to get someone that can talk to all of the people who have lost their manufacturing jobs. Trump was the only one in 2016 that said he would bring those jobs back. He hasn't. He lied, and now they don't know who to believe. Jeff noted that 87,000 Democratic voters in MI, left their 2016 presidential vote BLANK. Clinton lost by 11,000.

It's the people like that who are going to make the difference in the next election. And the Democrats better figure out how to talk to them before another 'caravan' scares people into an oligarchy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis