How Hillary won the popular vote

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Jeff Daniels was just interviewed on Colbert. His home state of Michigan was brought up in regards to the debate. Jeff explained that Democrats HAVE to get someone that can talk to all of the people who have lost their manufacturing jobs. Trump was the only one in 2016 that said he would bring those jobs back. He hasn't. He lied, and now they don't know who to believe. Jeff noted that 87,000 Democratic voters in MI, left their 2016 presidential vote BLANK. Clinton lost by 11,000.

It's the people like that who are going to make the difference in the next election. And the Democrats better figure out how to talk to them before another 'caravan' scares people into an oligarchy.
The fact that their vote for POTUS was blank should tell you that they wouldn't vote for her even against Trump. That's pretty bad.

Yeah, it's from Forbes but when POTUS says manufacturing jobs aren't coming back, what amount of hope would people have in THEIR candidate (since most manufacturing employees vote Democrat)?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/02/01/manufacturers-added-6-times-more-jobs-under-trump-than-under-obamas-last-2-years/#341920355635

Here's one from CNBC-

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/03/job-gains-for-the-manufacturing-industry-are-the-most-since-1995.html

The problem now is that the skills needed aren't possessed by many applicants and high school grads don't have much, if any, work experience. Hell, a lot of mid-20s people don't know how to be a good employee (and I don't mean lay down and take it).

highfigh

highfigh

Man, takes me back to just how much some of the pop music sucked back in the mid 80's. They used a ton of reverb.
A friend was listening to music as he worked at the computer and his daughter paused as she walked through the room. She listened for a few minutes and continued. She repeated this a few times in the next hour and at one point, she asked "Is this representative of the music of that time?". He said "I would say so" and to that, she replied "God, my generation sucks!".

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
A friend was listening to music as he worked at the computer and his daughter paused as she walked through the room. She listened for a few minutes and continued. She repeated this a few times in the next hour and at one point, she asked "Is this representative of the music of that time?". He said "I would say so" and to that, she replied "God, my generation sucks!".
Bro, i was in my mid 20's by than.
There where some that was on FM all the time. Umm.. Boy George, that dude in the video, Barry Manilow and so on. Probably because MTV had those on 24/7. The really good Pop bands, didn't get the air play like those really sucky one's. But of course me coming from the 70's being a die hard rocker with bands of the likes of Uriah Heep, Rush 2112, Black Sabbath, and of course Pink Floyd just couldn't fathom why anyone would listen to any thing else. But now I'm in my 60's I do find myself listening a lot to the Carpenters, Little River band, Eagles, even Journey and Styx. Gone are my days of Foghat fool for the city.. and Alan Parsons project. But once in a while, I pull out my old Cat Stevens LP's from the early 70s to spin on my TT.

highfigh

highfigh

Bro, i was in my mid 20's by than.
There where some that was on FM all the time. Umm.. Boy George, that dude in the video, Barry Manilow and so on. Probably because MTV had those on 24/7. The really good Pop bands, didn't get the air play like those really sucky one's. But of course me coming from the 70's being a die hard rocker with bands of the likes of Uriah Heep, Rush 2112, Black Sabbath, and of course Pink Floyd just couldn't fathom why anyone would listen to any thing else. But now I'm in my 60's I do find myself listening a lot to the Carpenters, Little River band, Eagles, even Journey and Styx. Gone are my days of Foghat fool for the city.. and Alan Parsons project. But once in a while, I pull out my old Cat Stevens LP's from the early 70s to spin on my TT.
The main thing I hate about mainstream radio is the way they grind songs into our heads without playing any of the others from the album or CD- that's one of the reasons I went to a local college station and still listen after 35+ years.

I have seen 'Hotel California' described as 'A bad Yelp review with a two and a half minute guitar solo'.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
The main thing I hate about mainstream radio is the way they grind songs into our heads without playing any of the others from the album or CD- that's one of the reasons I went to a local college station and still listen after 35+ years.

I have seen 'Hotel California' described as 'A bad Yelp review with a two and a half minute guitar solo'.
I mostly stream netradio now, much better overseas, Norway Scandinavian so on, without censorship. What we got on air here in the States? Taylor Swift Beyonce Katy Perry sure there easy on the eyes come on man none of them can really sing.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

This!
I hate that they do that. Same 5 songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
I remember in the old days, you could almost wait a whole day to hear a new song on the radio. I’d usually tune in to catch the last 19 seconds of it though...hmmmph.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
The fact that their vote for POTUS was blank should tell you that they wouldn't vote for her even against Trump. That's pretty bad.

Yeah, it's from Forbes but when POTUS says manufacturing jobs aren't coming back, what amount of hope would people have in THEIR candidate (since most manufacturing employees vote Democrat)?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2019/02/01/manufacturers-added-6-times-more-jobs-under-trump-than-under-obamas-last-2-years/#341920355635

Here's one from CNBC-

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/03/job-gains-for-the-manufacturing-industry-are-the-most-since-1995.html

The problem now is that the skills needed aren't possessed by many applicants and high school grads don't have much, if any, work experience. Hell, a lot of mid-20s people don't know how to be a good employee (and I don't mean lay down and take it).
My example was a very specific group of people, who lost their jobs, and did not get them back while the democratic candidate didn't even acknowledge them - yes, that is bad (assuming you want a democratic president who isn't defying our intelligence and leaving the door open for further attacks by Russia).

Stating that manufacturing is up, while they had to go looking for a new job, is really missing the point.

As is complaining about the younger generation, again.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

I bought the SACD; the stereo and and MCH layears are great. The lone CD I have just sucks, really, bloated bass in the mastering, drowning out other deficiencies.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
This!
I hate that they do that. Same 5 songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
I remember in the old days, you could almost wait a whole day to hear a new song on the radio. I’d usually tune in to catch the last 19 seconds of it though...hmmmph.
It was only in the late 80' that I had recuperated enough from the constant onslaught of the Beatles to appreciate their music!

highfigh

highfigh

My example was a very specific group of people, who lost their jobs, and did not get them back while the democratic candidate didn't even acknowledge them - yes, that is bad (assuming you want a democratic president who isn't defying our intelligence and leaving the door open for further attacks by Russia).

Stating that manufacturing is up, while they had to go looking for a new job, is really missing the point.

As is complaining about the younger generation, again.
Were the jobs lost in a large area, or was it in one sector of manufacturing? Hard to be specific if it was in a large area.

Would you expect the jobs to find the workers? Not sure that's realistic, although headhunters may exist for those jobs, too.

Not complaining about the younger generation- those before them failed to prepare the kids for the future.

highfigh

highfigh

I bought the SACD; the stereo and and MCH layears are great. The lone CD I have just sucks, really, bloated bass in the mastering, drowning out other deficiencies.
How old is the CD? If it was from the early releases, it's likely that the CD used the master intended for vinyl and there's almost no way it would sound good.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How old is the CD? If it was from the early releases, it's likely that the CD used the master intended for vinyl and there's almost no way it would sound good.
My wife bought the CD many years ago, though I'm sure how old it is. In any case the SACD, especially the multi-channel mix is great.

Edit: The CD cover says "Digitally remastered".

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
while true in a lot of cases, speaking in total is just wrong. Early on there where a handful of producers that got it right. Sheffield Labs, GRP come to mind as two of them

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Were the jobs lost in a large area, or was it in one sector of manufacturing? Hard to be specific if it was in a large area.

Would you expect the jobs to find the workers? Not sure that's realistic, although headhunters may exist for those jobs, too.

Not complaining about the younger generation- those before them failed to prepare the kids for the future.
He was referencing automotive workers.

It's not about what I expect, it's that these people were told a lie by the now President, to get their vote.

And FWIW, that was most definitely a complaint about the younger generation, yo! :p

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
while true in a lot of cases, speaking in total is just wrong. Early on there where a handful of producers that got it right. Sheffield Labs, GRP come to mind as two of them
GRP was always all digital. I'm a big fan of Sheffield Labs; they do get it right.

A guy who used to post here, John Dysan, proved to my satisfaction that a lot of CDs are made from Dolby A processed masters, and the CD mastering engineers didn't use Dolby A post-processing. He wrote some sophisticated software to post process existing tracks, and posted some links to comparative demo tracks. The results were compelling, IMO.

highfigh

highfigh

Not speaking in total, but the first year CD releases were not usually great. Shefield, GRP and the other high sound quality labels weren't the first to release CDs- it was the big labels because they had the money to spend- the others wanted to get it right and took more time/let the others learn their lesson. Some of the very first- there were only 25 releases when the Sony CDP-101 came out, sounded good but once the floodgates opened, a lot of them were really bad.

Once the process became all digital (DDD SPARS code) or close to it (Brothers In Arms is listed as DDD, but the mixing was done in analog, according to the link), the sound became much better because the step of remastering was unnecessary. That said, the remastering made bad original masters on LP sound terrible and there were still plenty of those, considering the drug use and money mis-management in the recording industry.

highfigh

highfigh

GRP was always all digital. I'm a big fan of Sheffield Labs; they do get it right.

A guy who used to post here, John Dysan, proved to my satisfaction that a lot of CDs are made from Dolby A processed masters, and the CD mastering engineers didn't use Dolby A post-processing. He wrote some sophisticated software to post process existing tracks, and posted some links to comparative demo tracks. The results were compelling, IMO.
GRP started in 1978- how could they be 'all digital'? What they did is use better recording and mixing engineers, facilities and vinyl.

highfigh

highfigh

He was referencing automotive workers.

It's not about what I expect, it's that these people were told a lie by the now President, to get their vote.

And FWIW, that was most definitely a complaint about the younger generation, yo! :p
It was a complaint about the generations BEFORE the younger- kids can't be expected to know everything they'll need in the future and while it's easy to dump on them for a lot of problems, it's the generations that came before who eliminated shop classes, didn't let the kids get a Summer job, didn't make the kids do chores around the house and learn the value of work/dilligence/how to act in the workplace. Schools are equally guilty- they're supposed to prepare kids for what's coming and that has been sorely lacking. I have talked with a lot of people who said their guidance councilors seem to have been as useful as mine, meaning they were useless.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis