How Hillary won the popular vote

eddified

eddified

Audiophyte
It was a complaint about the generations BEFORE the younger- kids can't be expected to know everything they'll need in the future and while it's easy to dump on them for a lot of problems, it's the generations that came before who eliminated shop classes, didn't let the kids get a Summer job, didn't make the kids do chores around the house and learn the value of work/dilligence/how to act in the workplace. Schools are equally guilty- they're supposed to prepare kids for what's coming and that has been sorely lacking. I have talked with a lot of people who said their guidance councilors seem to have been as useful as mine, meaning they were useless.
Seems there’s always someone blaming the younger generation. No one wants to blame their own generation. I wonder why...

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
GRP started in 1978- how could they be 'all digital'? What they did is use better recording and mixing engineers, facilities and vinyl.
As I understand it, GRP was founded as a production company and not a record company, and when they transitioned to doing their own recordings they used digital media. GRP has never discussed their technology the way Telarc did, so I don't know if GRP was using the Soundstream system or not, but various companies (Denon, 3M, and Sony, for example) were selling digital recording equipment in the 1970s that could be used for studio recording. Sitting here looking at an early GRP CD from Dave Grusin the tagline is "The Digital Master Company, and that's what I meant by "all digital". Telarc was the same way.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I've read lots of posts in this thread. It's clear a lot of people get all their information from either Fox News, Alex Jones or Rush Limbaugh. :rolleyes:

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I've read lots of posts in this thread. It's clear a lot of people get all their information from either Fox News, Alex Jones or Rush Limbaugh. :rolleyes:
The Fox News phone app is awesome. They have lots of articles focused on photos of awesome looking women in bikinis and PG-13 rated naked shots. You don't see that with the CNN, CBS, WSJ, or NBC apps. And it's all in there with the opinion pieces on faith and the power of prayer. The contrast is amusing.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
As I understand it, GRP was founded as a production company and not a record company, and when they transitioned to doing their own recordings they used digital media. GRP has never discussed their technology the way Telarc did, so I don't know if GRP was using the Soundstream system or not, but various companies (Denon, 3M, and Sony, for example) were selling digital recording equipment in the 1970s that could be used for studio recording. Sitting here looking at an early GRP CD from Dave Grusin the tagline is "The Digital Master Company, and that's what I meant by "all digital". Telarc was the same way.
I know- we sold the Sony PCM-F1 where I worked, one going to someone whose first LP was released by GRP. Peter Gabriel was using Sony PCM-1 before 1981 (Manny, from the band Nazareth told me this when they came into the store with Foreigner, who were touring to support Foreigner 4 in fall of 1981) but 'all digital' means DDD, not AAD, even if all of their masters were digital.

In any case, great recording and mastering trumps format, IMO, relative to the limits of the format.

highfigh

highfigh

Can we send Alex Jones into space?

As annoying as he is, Limbaugh is often right about what he says. He's one who said Trump wasn't the best candidate, too.

highfigh

highfigh

Seems there’s always someone blaming the younger generation. No one wants to blame their own generation. I wonder why...
Because nobody wants to believe they're at fault. Easier to sight down their own finger, I guess. I don't have kids, so it's easier for me and I have had to deal with far too many 20-somethings who couldn't make correct change. I had one who couldn't figure out how to give me 41 cents- I almost yelled "GIVE ME ONE OF EACH!" as she pawed through the coin drawer.

Read news articles- the writers can't bother to use the correct words, spell, punctuate, etc- I saw an article this morning where 'perpendicular' was used when 'parallel' was correct. So close. Where was the editor?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
'all digital' means DDD, not AAD, even if all of their masters were digital.
I thought we were discussing master recordings, not the format. To my knowledge, all GRP masters are digital. Well, I've never seen one that used an analog master.

highfigh

highfigh

I thought we were discussing master recordings, not the format. To my knowledge, all GRP masters are digital. Well, I've never seen one that used an analog master.
Dave Grusin was a well-known producer before founding the label, so it's good to see that some of them were able to make a positive mark on the industry. The artist whose 1st release was on GRP would come into the stereo store occasionally, just to hang out and see what new equipment had arrived. Someone could play music he hadn't heard and he'd say "Sounds like David Geffen" or name some other producer, even if that producer wasn't well-known.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
The Fox News phone app is awesome. They have lots of articles focused on photos of awesome looking women in bikinis and PG-13 rated naked shots. You don't see that with the CNN, CBS, WSJ, or NBC apps. And it's all in there with the opinion pieces on faith and the power of prayer. The contrast is amusing.
It's their only way to distract people from the horrific consequences of a poor education.

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
You guys know they are just using targeted advertising, right? They don't decide from on high to show bikini adverts to their users. They allow for the advertising service (presumably Google) to display ads that are tailored to be of interest to the person that the advertising service thinks you to be.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
You guys know they are just using targeted advertising, right? They don't decide from on high to show bikini adverts to their users. They allow for the advertising service (presumably Google) to display ads that are tailored to be of interest to the person that the advertising service thinks you to be.
They aren't advertisements; these are articles. They're in a section called "Features and Faces", and they're written by Fox News "correspondents".

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Because nobody wants to believe they're at fault. Easier to sight down their own finger, I guess. I don't have kids, so it's easier for me and I have had to deal with far too many 20-somethings who couldn't make correct change. I had one who couldn't figure out how to give me 41 cents- I almost yelled "GIVE ME ONE OF EACH!" as she pawed through the coin drawer.

Read news articles- the writers can't bother to use the correct words, spell, punctuate, etc- I saw an article this morning where 'perpendicular' was used when 'parallel' was correct. So close. Where was the editor?
Pi$$ poor proofreading/editing really gets up my nose, as well. However, we need to remember that journalism isn't the most remunerative activity these days. And, cuts begin with editing staff. On top of that, the requirement for speed in "getting it out there" in the Twitter age also means that there is little time to proofread anything. I have a nephew who is a journalist and it bothers him too. I've yet to find an error in any of his pieces though, as he is pretty anal about such things.

But hey, I here ya - I've voiced my share of complaints about younger people, too.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171003-proof-that-people-have-always-complained-about-young-adults

highfigh

highfigh

Pi$$ poor proofreading/editing really gets up my nose, as well. However, we need to remember that journalism isn't the most remunerative activity these days. And, cuts begin with editing staff. On top of that, the requirement for speed in "getting it out there" in the Twitter age also means that there is little time to proofread anything. I have a nephew who is a journalist and it bothers him too. I've yet to find an error in any of his pieces though, as he is pretty anal about such things.

But hey, I here ya - I've voiced my share of complaints about younger people, too.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171003-proof-that-people-have-always-complained-about-young-adults
We have spell checkers, why can't they use virtual editors?

"It's that younger element, I tell ya!" is something I heard when I was growing up- I guess that never changes.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Cause the same 6 family's been running this country since the beginning of this country.:p;)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Cause the same 6 family's been running this country since the beginning of this country.:p;)
Cool!
Can you name them? Or would that mean your name pops up on a computer somewhere in a bunker and your car mysteriously stalls out on the railroad tracks as your door locks malfunction!:eek:

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Cool!
Can you name them? Or would that mean your name pops up on a computer somewhere in a bunker and your car mysteriously stalls out on the railroad tracks as your door locks malfunction!:eek:
Nope, they are Masons. Have you seen that movie national treasure with Tom Hanks..:p KEW, I can't exactly remember, cause I slept since then. Either I read it on the internet or I was watching a show that said that. FOX news maybe or CNN you know with all the fake news these days they driving Trump nuts with that. :D I just thought it sounded cool.;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis