jinjuku

jinjuku

Because there is no "equivalency" except in your and the other maga minds?
This is where you either back up what you are implying or apologize or there will be consequences same as if another poster reported you...

My issue about the varying degrees that 'journalistic' outlets put their spin on it.

I keep seeing an excuse made that it's ok for some level of at acme co because contoso corp does that bad stuff even more.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Because there is no "equivalency" except in your and the other maga minds? I was too lazy to go back in the thread, tho thought you were the one who brought it into the thread. That CNN ignored it doesn't jive with my memory (and don't watch CNN, just see clips mentioned elsewhere mostly), I seem to remember plenty of clips of coverage. Faux completely painting it otherwise due their propaganda doesn't surprise me, tho. That's not equivalency, just some weird rationalization on the far right....
Love Nuts, are you off your meds again ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mikado are you still in love with the fascists? Even if not "left" leaning, not a good way to go....altho with your odd mix of religion and ethics hard to know.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If it was a coup attempt it was the worst one I've seen. Those we're some of the stupidest Americans. Mind boggingly.
What conservative media (ie Tucker) did was say it wasn't really a coup. In the military sense. Then they showed only the inside of the capitol footage, which wasn't violent. But if you look closely outside near the entrances it is pretty violent. You leave out the part about what would have happened to Pence and Pelosi and there ya go: nothing happened. :confused:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Another lie was the notion this wasn't a coup because there were no guns involved, I guess? But it looks to me like flag poles and sticks are being used to club security.

A favorite was Josh Hawley saying nothing happened. There's a security camera showing him sprinting across a hallway LOL.

Yep the party of law & order. :rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well for a first-time exposure, sure looked real to me.
Gotta be acting, right? ;) Look at all the people who gave him ❤ clicks. Yikes. :oops:
I only watched the beginning, was thinking at first he was being sarcastic, but then it seemed he was really butt hurt stupid.
Brent Terhune is a standup comedian. I thought lines like these would be dead giveaways:

"He's not on air right now to tell me what to think, so I don't know how to feel about it."
"I feel bad for all our boomer parents out there. Because, next time some dumb liberal gets in their face and starts an argument, they're not gonna know how to counter it. They're gonna start yelling 'Hunter Biden's laptop' every argument, instead of every other argument"
"My Dad's not gonna know who to hate"
"Tuck, I'm raising my emotional support beer to you"

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
After covid and Jan 6th, Murdock probably saw another $500 million in losses in the future and tossed Tucker like a sack of potatoes. :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
>>>Special Counsel Jack Smith has expressed interest in audio tapes recorded by former Fox News producer Abby Grossbergwhile she worked at the right-wing network, her lawyer said.

Grossberg attorney Gerry Filippatos told CNN on Wednesday that he has given a spreadsheet to the special counsel’s team, detailing the nearly 90 audiotapes in Grossberg’s possession. Talks are underway for a subpoena, so Grossberg can turn over the material to Smith’s team of federal prosecutors, who are investigating efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 election.

“We’re in the process of negotiating a targeted subpoena for Abby’s electronic data, so they can have what they want,” Filippatos said.

He first revealed the special counsel’s interest in an MSNBC interview Tuesday.

Federal investigators initially reached out several weeks ago, after some of the tapes were aired by news outlets, Filippatos said. He added that Grossberg is committed to cooperating fully with law enforcement – which could include an eventual FBI interview or meetings with other investigators. …<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Reading a comment earlier in this thread I was reminded of the Duck Test:

>>>"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."<<<

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
After covid and Jan 6th, Murdock probably saw another $500 million in losses in the future and tossed Tucker like a sack of potatoes. :)
Actually the UK press is rife with a saltier version of events. Apparently this Tucker Carlson bloke was somewhat of a Holly Roller, as many on the right are prone to spout an odd version of Christianity. So as I understand it, it was classic mix of politics, and Holy Roller ideation.

Well Murdock's new main squeeze, was a Carlson Supporter, and particularly enamored with Tucker's evangelistic pronouncements and mutterings. Now good older Rupert always looking for his "Oats", got so infuriated he broke off his engagement to said Squeeze, that he had only recently announced. Its all off with her, and for Tucker Carlson to boot! Now good old Rupert has to spec. out another main squeeze.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Actually the UK press is rife with a saltier version of events. Apparently this Tucker Carlson bloke was somewhat of a Holly Roller, as many on the right are prone to spout an odd version of Christianity. So as I understand it, it was classic mix of politics, and Holy Roller ideation.
Holy Roller? Another term from you I didn’t know, like codswallop, but well worth the effort to google for it! :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Holy Roller? Another term from you I didn’t know, like codswallop, but well worth the effort to google for it! :D
Not sure what he means by it but I have heard applied to people who spout the bible and religion all the time, perhaps being consumed by it.
But we'll see his take. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Not sure what he means by it but I have heard applied to people who spout the bible and religion all the time, perhaps being consumed by it.
I think Holy Roller is more in the US vernacular than the UK. I think it comes from these theatric evangelists who work up crowds to a trance like state, where they are rolling in the isles some what akin to an intoxicated state.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think Holy Roller is more in the US vernacular than the UK. I think it comes from these theatric evangelists who work up crowds to a trance like state, where they are rolling in the isles some what akin to an intoxicated state.
We’ve a few of those kinds of sects in Scandinavia.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Well Murdock's new main squeeze, was a Carlson Supporter, and particularly enamored with Tucker's evangelistic pronouncements and mutterings. Now good older Rupert always looking for his "Oats", got so infuriated he broke off his engagement to said Squeeze, that he had only recently announced. Its all off with her, and for Tucker Carlson to boot! Now good old Rupert has to spec. out another main squeeze.
So basically it's a religious scam? Tucker's spent his entire broadcast career lying, but this woman is infatuated with his religious make believe. How dumb.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief

Closer to 700 million and rising

Now that is a lot of My Pillow ads.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Merriam-Websters defines Holy Roller as "a member of one of the Protestant sects whose worship meetings are characterized by spontaneous expressions of emotional excitement."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Holy Roller

To me it had connotations similar to High Roller ("a person who spends freely in luxurious living") in the sense that it referred to people like Kenneth Copeland who make vast sums of money from preaching and live a lavish lifestyle, but this is apparently not correct.

I learn something new every day. I'm not sure how useful this is, but it's new to me.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Fox “News” pushed lies about stolen elections, knowing it was lies, and undermined US democracy and laying the ground work for a coup that failed. After that they whitewashed the violent armed insurrection, even this year. Propagating Russian propaganda, an enemy, was and still is something they do. The list goes on.

But here we have members still carrying water for Fox. They think of themselves as “conservatives” but I see sheeple with a distinctive lack of critical thinking. This is not what conservatism is about.
You are absolutely right about that. Conservatism is not fascism. The problem is there is no daylight between Tucker Carlson, and Joseph Goebbels. Neither had regard for the truth in public pronouncements. Trump is of the same cloth, and definitely in the mold of Mussolini, Franco, Peron and people of that ilk. A lot of this problem is the really poor teaching of history in the US. People who don't know their history are condemned to repeat it. That is an old adage, but true for ever down the centuries. You really have to look at the history across the Austro/Hungarian empire, Italy, Spain the Balkan states and Russia particularly at the end of the nineteenth century up to the second world war. For those who are not concerned about Trump's rantings and the propaganda, yes, that is what it is, on Fox news, then you had better get out the history books. There the road map to authoritarian violent tyranny is all laid out.

Yes, I'm very worried about Trump and his followers. I find it appalling and very worrying the level of support he is garnering, after his disgraceful behavior while in office.

I am personally very worried that people don't see the grave risk of this culminating in the second American civil war. It is not alarmist to say that this his nonsense is the very route to oppression, and the very route that drives reasonable people with no option but to take up arms. I can tell you that if Churchill were alive now, he would be very worried and making speeches like those he made in the House of Commons during the rise of Hitler in 1930s.
We really do not have an outstanding orator to give voice to these dangers, and lay it all out in plain language. There are far too many playing with fire in the US currently, and they ought to know better.

I think it is possible that Rupert Murdock may have sensed the gathering storm. If so, I hope he is not too distracted by looking for his next piece of "crumpet."

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis