davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Tuckers version of Jan 6 was like showing only the boarding and takeoffs of the planes on 9/11. Totally peaceful here nothing to see folks. I watched it live and I know better.

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Trump is of the same cloth, and definitely in the mold of Mussolini, Franco, Peron and people of that ilk.
I always thought Trump was consciously imitating Mussolini. So did many others. I searched for photos showing any similarity and found this quickly. Just replace the bad hat with a bad comb-over. It looks as if Trump practiced for hours in front of a mirror.
1682552438922.png

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I always thought Trump was consciously imitating Mussolini. So did many others. I searched for photos showing any similarity and found this quickly. Just replace the bad hat with a bad comb-over. It looks as if Trump practiced for hours in front of a mirror.
View attachment 61638
donald-trump-rt-hb-181017_hpMain_16x9_1600.jpg

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder if Trump knows that Mussolini ended up on a meat hook.

His knowledge of law and history appears to be almost zero.

>>>“You f---ing generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?” Trump asked then-White House chief of staff John Kelly . . . When Kelly asked Trump for clarification, the president reportedly replied by specifying, “The German generals in World War II."

Kelly, a retired Marine general, then asked Trump whether he knew that those generals "tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off."

According to the excerpt, Trump dismissed Kelly's historically accurate description, insisting, "No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him."

Kelly, in an interview with NBC News on Tuesday, confirmed the accuracy of the account in the book excerpt. He said he would tell Trump that the American generals’ first loyalty is to the U.S. Constitution and the rule of law.<<<

jinjuku

jinjuku

I think Holy Roller is more in the US vernacular than the UK. I think it comes from these theatric evangelists who work up crowds to a trance like state, where they are rolling in the isles some what akin to an intoxicated state.
Holy Roller = Bible Thumper from my understanding.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Holy Roller = Bible Thumper from my understanding.
Just bullshit religion in general. Lots of forms out there. Plus a huge number of people who think its actually important rather than the bullshit it is....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Just bullshit religion in general. Lots of forms out there. Plus a huge number of people who think its actually important rather than the bullshit it is....
Especially who it's coming from in Tucker. :rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
View attachment 61638
When I saw pics of Trump like this one, that was the first thing that came to mind - he looks like Mussolini.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
>>>“You f---ing generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?” Trump asked then-White House chief of staff John Kelly . . . When Kelly asked Trump for clarification, the president reportedly replied by specifying, “The German generals in World War II."<<<
Thanks for reminding us of that Gen. Kelly story. So much happened in Trump-world since then, that I forgot about that.

Of course, Trump also seemed unaware that those German generals who survived the assassination attempt aftermath helped cement Germany's post-Nazi fate – Hitler was dead, Germany was destroyed, divided, and under military occupation by Britain, France, the USA, and the USSR for the next 45 years. Not to mention Mussolini's fate.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Thankfully our natl security wasn't at risk.
Our national security was indeed at risk. Trump was a president who not only was in thrall with his 'buddy' Vlad, he was owned by Putin. You cannot suck up to the president/prime minister for life of Russia, who was in a previous life a career KGB agent, without paying a steep price. The KGB, among other secret police in Russia, are experts in blackmail & extortion. Putin clearly interfered in the 2016 election, attempted the same in 2020, and expected Trump stand back & ignore his attempts to reconstitute the former USSR empire. When the UK debated over leaving the European Union, eventually voting for it, Putin also engaged in a similar disinformation & election interference campaign aimed at removing the UK's power & influence over the rest of NATO.

After Trump lost the 2020 election, leaving Washington under a cloud of accusations, Putin grew desperate and invaded Ukraine, though his army was not at all prepared. He clearly didn't intend to stop with Ukraine, his goal was & still is to dismember NATO, neutralize the western nations' (USA & UK) power in Europe, while replacing it with Russia. The whole story of Ukraine fighting back, while armed by NATO, might have been entirely different if Trump remained in power.

So yes, I'd say there was a severe national security risk. Trump was a lightweight in international affairs, completely out of his league with Putin. This was much the same as Edward VIII, who was King of England for less than a year, abdicating in 1936. After abdicating, he lived in France, until the war broke out in 1939. He & his wife were whisked away to live in Barbados, where they stayed under close watch by British security. He was in thrall with Hitler and Nazism and was a potential security threat to the UK.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Make that dictators (not people) in power.
Our national security was indeed at risk. Trump was a president who not only was in thrall with his 'buddy' Vlad, he was owned by Putin. You cannot suck up to the president/prime minister for life of Russia, who was in a previous life a career KGB agent, without paying a steep price. The KGB, among other secret police in Russia, are experts in blackmail & extortion. Putin clearly interfered in the 2016 election, attempted the same in 2020, and expected Trump stand back & ignore his attempts to reconstitute the former USSR empire. After Trump lost the election and left Washington under a cloud of accusations, Putin grew desperate and invaded Ukraine even though his army was not at all prepared. He clearly didn't intend to stop with Ukraine, his goal was & is to dismember NATO, neutralize the USA's power in Europe, while replacing it with Russia. The whole story of Ukraine fighting back, while armed by NATO, might have been entirely different if Trump remained in power.

So yes, I'd say there was a severe national security risk. Trump was a lightweight in international affairs, completely out of his league with Putin. This was much the same as Edward VIII, who was King of England for less than a year, abdicating in 1936. He was in thrall with Hitler and Nazism and was a potential security threat to the UK.
Makes sense now. It really was Putin who tried to manipulate the election. The right just blamed Hillary for it.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Makes sense now. It really was Putin who tried to manipulate the election. The right just blamed Hillary for it.
I'm glad to see you say that. That was only what I had to say about Trump being a national security risk to our foreign interests.

I could go on about Trump being a domestic national security risk as well … his obvious contempt for the Constitutional limits to his presidential power … his, amateurish but (fortunately) failed attempt to prevent the Constitutionally defined transfer of presidential power after an election … his refusal to stem the clear & present danger of the Covid-19 viral pandemic … his feeding & nurturing the violent right-wing extremists in this country … his contempt for classified documents, failing to keep them secret. Just to name a few.

Much of that has already been the subject of hundreds if not thousands of posts here on The Steam Vent. Suffice it to say, Trump was & is a national security threat, for both domestic and foreign affairs.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm glad to see you say that. That was only what I had to say about Trump being a national security risk to our foreign interests.

I could go on about Trump being a domestic national security risk as well … his obvious contempt for the Constitutional limits to his presidential power … his, amateurish but (fortunately) failed attempt to prevent the Constitutionally defined transfer of presidential power after an election … his refusal to stem the clear & present danger of the Covid-19 viral pandemic … his feeding & nurturing the violent right-wing extremists in this country … his contempt for classified documents, failing to keep them secret. Just to name a few.

Much of that has already been the subject of hundreds if not thousands of posts here on The Steam Vent. Suffice it to say, Trump was & is a national security threat, for both domestic and foreign affairs.
Charlottesville -- good grief.:confused:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
This is a good article on Carlson that should be regarded as a warning. FOX didn't fire him because of his on-air lying - that's what he was paid to do. While we may call him an idiot, he likely doesn't believe most of his nonsense. Which means it's deliberate. Which also means we haven't seen the last of his toxic BS - it'll just be coming from a different talking head.

Tucker Carlson plays dumb on TV — but his stupidity is strategically weaponized | Salon.com

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Guys on the morning radio show mentioned that Carlson AND Lemon are using the same attorney.

I guess that guy needs a new super yacht.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is a good article on Carlson that should be regarded as a warning. FOX didn't fire him because of his on-air lying - that's what he was paid to do. While we may call him an idiot, he likely doesn't believe most of his nonsense. Which means it's deliberate. Which also means we haven't seen the last of his toxic BS - it'll just be coming from a different talking head.

Tucker Carlson plays dumb on TV — but his stupidity is strategically weaponized | Salon.com
There have been a number of reports that the Dominion settlement and his firing were triggered by offensive private messages Carlson sent. The implication is that (consistent with your comment) he wasn't fired because of what he said on air.

>>>The day before Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation trial against Fox News was set to begin in a Delaware courthouse, the Fox board of directors and top executives made a startling discovery that helped lead to the breaking point between the network and Tucker Carlson, one of its top stars.

Private messages sent by Mr. Carlson that had been redacted in legal filings showed him making highly offensive and crude remarks that went beyond the inflammatory, often racist comments of his prime-time show and anything disclosed in the lead-up to the trial.

Despite the fact that Fox’s trial lawyers had these messages for months, the board and some senior executives were now learning about their details for the first time, setting off a crisis at the highest level of the company, according to two people with knowledge of the discussions. . . .

Two days after the board’s discovery, Fox settled that case for $787.5 million, believed to be the highest for a defamation trial. <<<

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis