First pic of the new room

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
How many cds/blurays can that rack hold? I am always looking out for new shelving. I'm tired of buying the crappy particle board stuff that can't take a lot of weight.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Your system is looking very good!! Bet its a beast with that Epik. Ive seen your system in the past, its come along nice! I must have missed it, what is that second sub you are running? Is that a Polk?...i cant put my finger on it.

Lookin good bro!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Nice looking system John...

... and I bet it sounds a lot, right?? Congrats and enjoy your system :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Your system is looking very good!! Bet its a beast with that Epik. Ive seen your system in the past, its come along nice! I must have missed it, what is that second sub you are running? Is that a Polk?...i cant put my finger on it.

Lookin good bro!
NO POLK SUBS!! :p And no, you didn't miss it since I hadn't said anything about it until now :) That is the new Cadence CSX-12 MkII that I have for a bit for a review, which I will be writing up hopefully this week. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
NO POLK SUBS!! :p And no, you didn't miss it since I hadn't said anything about it until now :) That is the new Cadence CSX-12 MkII that I have for a bit for a review, which I will be writing up hopefully this week. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.
I knew it was a Cadence but I assumed It was the 15" from last year or so... didn't you have one or did you borrow it from a friend?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I knew it was a Cadence but I assumed It was the 15" from last year or so... didn't you have one or did you borrow it from a friend?
Yes, borrowed both the 12 and 15 for review, and again with the new models this year he got the 15 and I got the 12 and we will trade for reviews again. I haven't heard the new 15 yet. They used a slot loaded cabinet like the 15 for the 12 this year, instead of the previous rear port.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I was trying really hard to figure out what sub that was but failed. Never thought of Cadence.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
I never took you for a Polk sub kinda guy from the gear you have so im glad to hear that! :)

Cadence huh?...im not familiar with them. I will do a little search on them. I look forward to your reviews on both the new 12" & the 15". I am really happy with what my 2 12" PR loaded subs do but im always wondering what dual sealed 15" would do. HSU's ULS-15 have always peaked my interest. I enjoy checking out "new to me" sub brands so Cadence will now be on my "to read" list. Thanks again for postin your pics!

B

bwilberg266

Audioholic Intern
What is the brand of that rack/stand?

I like the open back and perforated sides and the wife would like that the front doors cover some of the equipment! ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My camera is dead and my phone, though 8MP, doesn't take good low light shots. Setup prior to wall mounting:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I know. Been putting it off and the price was right so... It is a D7000, micro-dimming, edge lit 55".

Looks smaller on the wall :p I was watching a Sharks game last night and WOW! :eek: It looked great.

Last edited:
timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Hey john you should invest in a good wall mount that extends off the wall!!!

The one i have pulls a full 27" off the wall, that puts you a full 2' closer to the screen. This would make the size of your 55" on the wall now like a 60". I think what makes the tv look small is that it is a little too high above your center channel. Maybe lower it just 6" or so.

Just a couple friendly ideas!!

Looks really nice in there though! I bet your lovin life when relaxing in there :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hey john you should invest in a good wall mount that extends off the wall!!!

The one i have pulls a full 27" off the wall, that puts you a full 2' closer to the screen. This would make the size of your 55" on the wall now like a 60". I think what makes the tv look small is that it is a little too high above your center channel. Maybe lower it just 6" or so.

Just a couple friendly ideas!!

Looks really nice in there though! I bet your lovin life when relaxing in there :)
Yeah, I had already priced out an extending one because at the other house I intend to have panels in close proximity to it and this one sits very close to the wall. I thought they made a kit to adapt the one I already have, but I can't find it any longer, but yes, I will be going to an extending one. Not 27" from the wall, but maybe 10-12" :)

It looks high in the pics, but from the seated position, it just clears the center, so it is the right height. I had to drill out the top holes on the mount hangars too, since they did not clear the standard size M8 for some odd reason. The slots on the bottom were fine, but the tops were too small even though this mount is for up to 60", another reason why I am looking at a different mount.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Updates. Looks kinda funny with that one silver component :) The Panamax isn't in the rack. I will eventually replace the H10 with a black one, but I got that one a while back for a good price.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis