First pic of the new room

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Looks good John...except for that Lakers cap.:p

I'd realy like to hear those speakers someday...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks good John...except for that Lakers cap.:p

I'd realy like to hear those speakers someday...
I knew someone would say something about that, and I am not the Lakers fan. Those hats were my grandfather's because he and my grandmother are/were fans. You may remember that he passed away earlier this year. He was ALWAYS wearing a cap of some kind and had a bunch of them, so we just sort of associated the hats with him. Each of the pall bearers wore one of his hats as we carried him, and those two are the ones that my son and I wore :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I knew someone would say something about that, and I am not the Lakers fan. Those hats were my grandfather's because he and my grandmother are/were fans. You may remember that he passed away earlier this year. He was ALWAYS wearing a cap of some kind and had a bunch of them, so we just sort of associated the hats with him. Each of the pall bearers wore one of his hats as we carried him, and those two are the ones that my son and I wore :)
Yes, I remember. Nice story, and a nice way to honor him.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One new pic:

Picked up another basically brand new Amp300 for $100 off Craigslist. Thanks to Ron for finding that one for me :) I am running only one channel on this one for the center for now and I have removed the MA500 for now as well.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Don't you have two of those MA500s? What will you do with them?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Nice find there jgarcia! I very nearly got some of those myself before getting the XPA-5.:cool:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Don't you have two of those MA500s? What will you do with them?
Yes, I have 2. I was using one for the center and I just lent the other one to my buddy Ron to try out as his old Audiosource amp (that I sold him a few years back) is dying. If he likes it, he said he'll probably buy it. I will sell the other one or both as the case may be or use them for my surrounds.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, what a difference that made with the new flat panel on the wall.
OPPO looks good too!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pics with the XPA-3

Original silver trim:

Black trim:

It makes the Amp300 look small :)

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Your system looks great John. Congrats on the new amp. There's such an excitement when you get new gear to install!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had to adjust the shelf to add clearance above this guy. I am going to box up the Amp300s and figure out what to do with them later. I was thinking about going 7.1, so I will probably hang onto those guys and use them for surround duty.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
did those ends come with it, or did you paint em ?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
did those ends come with it, or did you paint em ?
They are optional from Emotiva. I ordered them with the amp since that is about what it would have cost me to get them refinished locally - there are a lot of machine and finishing shops in my area so it wouldn't be too difficult. I suppose I could have just painted them myself, but these are black anodized the same as the rest of the front and I think it looks good like that. They also come with black screws, but I kind of like the nickel screws with the black trim pieces. I wonder if I can

http://emotiva.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=33

Last edited:
just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
does the black face plate go from end to end ?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Hi John,

Man, the XPA-3 is considerably larger than the Audiosource amp. I'm running the black trim too. Makes for a nice looking peice IMO.

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
Very nice system you have put together. Now you just need another sub in the oppisite corner.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis