First pic of the new room

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
that sub is enormus, how low can it go and how does it sound?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
that sub is enormus, how low can it go and how does it sound?
It goes low yet manages to sound good in its upper range. It doesn't sound as clean as an Ultra, but it hits hard and sounds very good. Tuned to 17.5 Hz.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
nice, those foam surrounds look...unfortunate :(, how does it sound compared to that giant tube you had before?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Very nice. Where did that SVS Tower of Power go? I was kind of curious about what the advantages of the Epik were but am too lazy to look up spec's, charts and graphs ... not that I can read that stuff anyway.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tower wasn't an SVS. It is in the other room :) Tempest was 350/700w single 15". The Empire is dual 15" 600/1500w.

Foam surrounds will last long enough. 70s foam surrounds didn't last, but modern foams will and it isn't like it is sitting in sunlight. If it were in a car, that might be a different story.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
i like your front speakers too, are those kits you buy and nuild yourself? how do you like them?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, those guys are kits. I am not sure if he still offers them fully built. I was looking at them years ago and ended up buying the main pair from the guy who was the cabinet maker for GR at the time and I had him build me a matching center. He had the original drivers in there when I got them, so I ordered all new x-overs and the updated drivers and rebuilt the main pair from the ground up basically.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
oh i see, well two fifteens and more power sounds good, still that tube thing looked pretty cool :) still didnt answer how it sounds in comparison.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
oh you did the max payne test, that movie is brutal on subwoofers.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
The green-eyed envy monster rarely visits me, but look at your media! Nice system.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. Yeah, the display is definitely high on the list of things that will be upgraded.

The scary thing about all that media is the fact that I haven't bought any movies in quite a while.....I have been buying a lot of music lately though. Another thing I think I need is a media rack; sort of out of room and it looks a bit cluttered (there's another rack of CDs in the back of the room too)

Last edited:
Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
I always like to see a lot of media with a system.

You see theaters that sometimes look as though they are for bragging rights and not enjoying movies/music.

In my mind it seperates the enthusiasts from the "keeping up with the Jones" crowds.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I think most people just keep their media separate from the theater room because it does take up a lot of space/adds clutter. I would like to have mine in a different room, but since my "theater" is my bedroom, I just keep it all together.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Thinking about a rack like this:

The sharp eye might also have caught that second black box on the left...:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis