Entertainment Center

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Caring about colour? And I thought you called yourself a man? *eagerly awaits his pair of Alex's fresh Funky Underwear*
I would say something but they don't want me starting another international incident with the French. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
That came out really nice! All that work paid off.
I showed Marie the pictures, she really likes the color.

How does it sound? I'll assume you listened to them a little before you painted?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That came out really nice! All that work paid off.
I showed Marie the pictures, she really likes the color.

How does it sound? I'll assume you listened to them a little before you painted?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Alex, did you take FR readings before and after painting?:D

Excellent job, BTW.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Lucky is a subjective term ...

I haven't heard them here yet.

I dragged two elderly ladies in from my building to show them. Seriously, that's what I did. It was a little too impromptu for SWMBO and that's generally bad luck in the making.

Much later:

That remark about listening to them was eating away at me and instead of working on trim I did enough to find out my ... never mind all whole mess of stuff in between here and there. Thank you Rick for prompting the shake down cruise. They're playing now. Kurt's amp is going in pretty soon. Right now they're playing off the old Onk something or other. In response to your question: This be the sh!t, Homes ... woed.

Little later: I better get to the trim. I caught myself running around planning to hook up Kurt's amp ... I must do trim. But this does sound nicer than anything I ever thought I'd get to hear in my living room. Suh-weeeeeeet. :) ... must do trim ... ugh. ::D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
did you take fr readings before and after painting?:d
I barely got 'em playing. My monitor wire is bad. One of my amp channels was bad on a new used 2 channel B&K I got locally but it all worked out to where I could play a CD. That's really all I needed. All that other stuff is going to take care of itself.

excellent job, btw.
Thanks. I have a couple of small detail things to do yet but as soon ... I'm sorry. I type really slow and I'm totally itching to go play. More later.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… I haven't heard them here yet…
Seriously? You've had these speakers for a bit over a month and this is the first you've heard them since early January at my house?

Your room remodeling work is award worthy, but your patience and ability to put off instant gratification is absolutely stunning! :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Seriously? You've had these speakers for a bit over a month and this is the first you've heard them since early January at my house?

Your room remodeling work is award worthy, but your patience and ability to put off instant gratification is absolutely stunning! :D
I was lucky to find room to put them down in an area I wasn't working in. It's tight in here. I hadn't even heard any of the gear in the cabinet. I did take a minute to set the mains to Large though. I wish I had the ... I wish I had the trim on, that's what I wish. Today is a happy day audio wise. Kurt's amp is going in next ... well, right after the trim. :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Absolutely stunning my friend. It looks very much worth the wait. Congrats.

Now I'm going to bed. I am completely exhausted after 3 days of the best skiing I have had this year.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Looks great! Worth the wait :) now go find a new project! No rest for the weary :p

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Wow.. looks great.. congrats on such a great looking and sounding living room.. seems like only yesterday you were getting started.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis