Enter to Win: Aperion Intimus 4B Speakers with Wall Mounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LimiterOne

Enthusiast
1. Have you heard of either of these free services?
-NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?
-I plug my Zune into a doc connected to my home audio system, otherwise I simply run straight from PC to my Altec 2.1 system that also serves as gaming speakers... no direct connection between PC and home audio system

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?
-Yes
-Bedroom, patio, and garage.
-I would expect volume, bass/treble, and a screen displaying album/track/playlist info, as well as track/album skip/search (forward and reverse), pause, and mute, and all controls on an IR or (preferably) RF remote

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?)
-'Droid

Thanks!

LO

A

Audio2004

Audioholic Intern
NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)
I just connected my laptop directly to a powered speakers from Cambridge Soundworks – MicroWorks Amplified Multimedia Speaker System.

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?
If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
Yes, I would like to buy one for my bedroom if they’re small and great sound. I hope the speakers will have a remote with power on/off and volume. Therefore I can control them without getting up.

Nope. I’m still using old cellphone to make or receive phone calls. :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Have you heard of either of these free services?
Uh.. no...

How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)

My laptop is in my HT, and I've got a 15 foot HDMI cable direct to my A/V receiver. Handshake issues with the video are annoying when i just want to use the audio but it suffices. I'm not much a believer in streaming, to be honest.

]Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components? What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?

Yeah, it would be nice to have in my room, but I'd want the option of turning the wireless off at my choosing and using an RCA or XLR cable or something. Subwoofer blending, compatibility with some sort of advanced equalization software, line-in, volume, and Hi Fi alarm clock.

Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?)

MY SE P1i classifies as a smart phone, albeit not iPhone or Andoid. Definitely wanna make the move to android though.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Contest Questions:
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

No to both services

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)

Generally don't play direct from computer. Use an MP3 player (iPod Touch or Creative Zen) to play to receiver via cable

• If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
    Possibly - most likely locations would be bedroom, kitchen, bathroom
  • What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
Volume (reqd), power on/off (reqd), then any other adjustments are just bonus/gravy. But would be nice to be able to feed back to the computer to fast fwd, skip, etc ... ie: controls for choosing the music

Nope

Last edited by a moderator:
S

schaume

Enthusiast
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

YES I have heard of both, but I do not use currently.
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.) IPOD Touch

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?Nope
If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?). Not smart enough yet I guess.

V

Volta

Audioholic Intern

Heard of Airplay but not the windows program.

Currently I do not have my computer connected to my system. I am looking for a media player at this time.

Yes depending on power, quality, control. Possibly used in bedroom or kitchen

Volume, track control forward, backward, etc,

No

Coult_45

Coult_45

Junior Audioholic
I have not heard of the services.

I have a computer hooked up to my home theator.

I would be interested in a streaming radio, mp3, video streaming mini reciever. that would power speakers. Not just speakers that do the same function. I think it would be cheaper and better looking. I know a TV could be considered an extra component, but I like the idea of a mini system that can stream music and then video to a bedroom or apartment TV. You could sell it with or without the speakers.

I do have a smart phone. But it is windows mobile and I am really disappointed with it.

D

Dster

Audiophyte
NO
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? I burn them to cd.

Not really.
What controls that you would expect this speaker to have?
Bass and Treble adjustments, Volume, Power.
No.

C

chronos56

Audioholic Intern
Contest Entry

* YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
* NO
Yes,for the PC but I do not use it.

I have a digital audio line running from my PC and a dedicated HTPC with digital audio out on the main system.

Perhaps, if not for myself then for some people I know.

* If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?

I would use it in the bedroom, controls must include remote control of volume, music selection, sleep timer, a wake up alarm would also be nice and an option to listen to radio would be good.

No.

S

star2sound

Enthusiast

Airplay, but I do not use it

Mac Mini -> Music Streamer -> Integrated Amp

No

No

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
  • YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
  • NO
NO
I use iTunes with a 1/8" pin jack to RCA adapter from my sound card to my AVR input ,this is my office 5.1 system,and I have to have it close to my PC,I have 2 outdoor speakers for my patio hooked up to the "speaker B" ,it would be great to hear it in my kitchen !

YES
  • If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
    in my kitchen
  • What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
power,volume,and a remote to do that with
yes,an iPohone

Note this contest ends on October 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck![/QUOTE]

M

mattburk

Audioholic Intern
1. yes, I have only heard the name "airplay" and assumed it meant transfer of audio signals via wifi. I have not heard of the other one.
2. I do not
3. yes, but for my office not home-and then only if it is good quality
4. no, but I will get a new android when my current contract is over in January 2011

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
Yes. Just have seen the commercial from MS saying you can magically beam from your computer to your TV. :rolleyes:

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?
MP3 stored on my computer. I use Tversity Media Server to stream to my Playstation 3.

Sounds like an interesting idea but it is unlikey I would buy it.

Power, Volume, Browse (artist, genre, album, etc.), Play/pause, Track advance/repeat., Shuffle

No

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
1. Have you heard of either of these free services? No..probably not interested.

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.) Roku Soundbridge (wireless)

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components? Can't really think of an application I would use so no. Maybe on the deck if I didn't already have speakers wired out there.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?) No.

gregcss

gregcss

Audioholic Intern

I have not heard of their free services

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? Denon/Mission UD-M30 micro system playing music in flac format from the PC

No, not really...at least not in my current living arrangement. The home theater would play music from the actual cd. The PC is in the bedroom (see answer #1)

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?) I do not

E

echopoint

Audiophyte
Yes, I have heard of AirPlay, but I am currently not using it.

I have an Apple Mac Mini connected to my receiver via optical digital audio.

Wow. That's an intriguing idea. Already have an Audioengine AW1 which I use to occasionally send music to my mini component system in the bedroom. I would possibly be interested in replacing this system especially if I could wall-mount the speakers.

For this to be most useful, it would need volume, mute, and standby. An IR remote would be pretty important.

I currently have an iPhone 4 that I use to control the playback of my Mac Mini.

G

Guinness6

Junior Audioholic
[*]NO[/LIST]
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.) I don't, though its something my household (read: wife) might like to move toward.

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components? YES!

• If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)? Living room (an estimated 40% of the time, kitchen 30%, outdoors 15%, bedroom 15%)
Volume would be the most important control.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?) Wife has one (on order).

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
1. Yes: AirPlay. I have not used it.
2. Either iMac mini-Toslink or AirPort Express min-Toslink.
3. Not particularly interested. Sound quality heavily trumps feature set.
4. No smart phone.

S

steinfire

Audiophyte
no

using my Microsoft Zune and usb connector cable

Yes, depending on the size and sound

I currently have a Droid

M

mjmchugh

Enthusiast
Contest Questions:

* NO

Use a roku soundbridge, most of my music is from CD burned to my server

* If yes, where you would use such a speaker
Yes, Bedroom and outdoor primarily.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone?
iPhone

Thank You

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com