Enter to Win: Aperion Intimus 4B Speakers with Wall Mounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

casualhouse

Audiophyte

1. Have you heard of either of these free services?
  • YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
  • NO
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?
  • If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
  • What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?)

1. No.
2. Directly from audio interface to amp.
3. Probably not, but if so it would be on the porch. I would expect power and volume.
4. Iphone.

S

Slee_Stack

Junior Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

* YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
* NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)

I have an HTPC connected directly to my receiver and TV. I use MediaPortal as the s/w interface

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?

Yes if there weren't a significant degradation in quality.

* If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?

Any room, outside deck...garage.
* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?

Power & volume. Source could be handled with RF remote.

Nope, I hate multifunction phones. I have a plain cell and don't even use the camera function on it and I text only when absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
No

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?
PC using Winamp to DAC to Preamp

Yes. Something like this would be ideal for use at work. Power and volume controls would be a necessity, and even better if controlled by a remote.

No

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
No

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?
I don't. Old school here.

Sure. The powerline tech is very intriguing to me. I could see using them in the bathroom or bedroom. Volume and power would be enough.

No

R

rushwj

Audioholic

Yes - Apple's version (i'm very much prefer Mac devices over microsoft) and i use a Sonos system currently, but also have a new Apple TV which is a better menu system. i contol the sonos usually with my iphone.
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? see above response
3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components? yes
If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)? bedroom, definitely outdoors (no running of wires to the outdoors), certain basement rooms
What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)? power, volume, menu access of current music
iphones for my wife and i

C

colorgrafx

Audiophyte
Yes, stream from my MacMini

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.). PS3 and direct to Denon AVR

Yes, bedroom & garage

Yes, iPhone 4

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Contest Questions:
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

YES I've heard of the Airplay and the Windows 7, but I havent used either of them.

I use a digital connection to the AVR (Onkyo 805) and then I use the Zone 2 to distribute it throughout my house throught another AVR 702.

Yes I would. I would use it in a bedroom or den that I couldn't access when doing my wiring for the Audio. I would expect that it would have volume control, song selection and a fast forward rewind, pause. etc.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?) No.

M

mauritzr

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:

• NO

Yes, and I use itunes for all of my music needs.
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.) Sonos

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components? Yes, and I would need volume, skip, and pause controls
  • If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)? Most likely outdoors
  • What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
Power, volume, skip, pause, shuffle
Yes, iphone
Note this contest ends on October 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pixelmyster

Audiophyte

NO but I have heard of AirTunes but I don't use it

With my PS3 and Nullriver's Media Link

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components? What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?

Yes, I would use in kitchen and / or bedroom.
Power and volume controls a must, maybe remote also.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone?

No, but I do own a ipod touch

ma7rix13

ma7rix13

Junior Audioholic
NO

I do not play music from my computer. I use CDs and ipod.

Possibly. I could probably find some use for this as a portable / quick install option in the kitchen (for the wife) or outdoors.

What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
I would not expect much from this type of system. I would probably expect something similar to the ipod docking speaker system, enough power and volume for background listening.

I do not. I own an ipod touch. My wife and I do plan on upgrading to smartphone as soon as I can upgrade my contract with Verizon.

T

thebard1

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:

• NO

• If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
[/QUOTE]

1. No.
2. I currently use the Pronto TSU-9200 remote with the PCX-9200 extender to control iTunes directly from the remote.
3. Yes, for use in the bedroom or outdoors. Minimal controls on the unit itself would be acceptable, as long as an iPod-type remote were provided.
4. No.

Thanks!

B

Bull58

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest

No.

I don't yet. I'm still looking at options.

Maybe, I would consider using it in all rooms except main media/HT room. The problem in my case would be in the location of power outlets.

Power, Volume.

No, a Blackberry.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
I have heard of airplay but I do not use it.

I have a MacBook laptop in my AV rack serving as a music server and the laptop has an IR sensor built in for remote control purposes which I control with my Harmony One remote.

Yes. I would use them in the far bathroom, in the great room and in the garage.
I would expect the speaker to have a volume control of course, auto-power on with a signal would be nice so we wouldn't have to mess with turning the speaker on and off each time.

iPhone

Thanks, Brad

D

DMD123

Junior Audioholic
1. Have you heard of either of these free services? NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? I dont have it hooked up.

Maybe, depends on quality and cost. I would use it out in the garage or while working in the back yard. It needs to have independent controls like volume and the ability to control the source.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?) No

A

AzN_plyR

Audioholic
1. Have you heard of either of these free services? No.

My receiver is connected from my computer via HDMI, so I receive both audio and video from my HTPC.

Yes, as long as the components are good quality and don't overheat.

Power, Volume, and at least some sort of calibration for the bass to tame it for different listening areas.

No I do not.

E

Exterous

Audioholic Intern
NO

I have all the computers linked to my Windows Home Server and stream the music either through WMP or WINAMP

Yes - although I would be critical of any quality loss
If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)? Bathroom
What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)? Power and volume definately. I would also like to have the standard skip/pause etc options
Yes - I own an Android phone

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern

* NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.) Squeezebox Duet, Escient, and Windows Home Server

Yes
* If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?

Garage and patio

* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)? Power & volume, tone, skip.

Android

moggi1964

moggi1964

Audioholic
No

Don't, sadly.

Only if it had an interface that I could interact with to see what was playing and then to make changes to save having to go back to the main room to make changes.

Volume
Sound
Browse control

Yes; iPhone.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
1. No.
2. I don't play music from my computer ... I am not a fan of compressed music.
3. No.
4. No.

K

kibbyster

Enthusiast
speaker contest

* YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
* NO
NO
I use a sonos.

* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
this would be nice. I would use it in the kitchen. power and volume
4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?) NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis