Enter to Win: Aperion Intimus 4B Speakers with Wall Mounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is giving away the chance to one (1) pair of Aperion Intimus 4B Bookshelf Speakers with Mounting Brackets to one (1) eligible forum member! The speakers are available in Gloss Black or Medium Cherry (winner's choice). At $260 for the speakers and $40 for the brackets, this contest represents a $300 value!

Features:
  • 4” Woven-Fiberglass woofer delivers lush mid-range sound
  • 1” custom designed silk-dome tweeter for smooth, clearly defined highs at even the highest volume levels
  • Curved design aesthetic and small form-factor to blend seamlessly with your décor
  • Anti-resonant cabinet
  • Furniture-Grade finish
To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

1. Have you heard of either of these free services?
  • YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
  • NO
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?
  • If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
  • What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?)

Note this contest ends on October 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?
FLAC files stored on a USB powered 500GB HD connected to a WD TV Live then to the AVR.

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?
Yes, but it must have a user freindly UI with the ability to browse/select music or else it would only be useful for casual/background listening. If it has the UI indicated, I would consider using it in all rooms except main media/HT room. If no UI, then only in bedrooms/bath which do not have any other AV options.

What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
Power, Volume, Browse (artist, genre, album, etc.), Play/pause, Track advance/repeat. i.e. I would expect the consumer to accept no less functionality than an MP3 player or iPod?

No, a Blackberry.

XEagleDriver

T

TVJon

Audioholic
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

YES - I follow Apple product development closely. Here's one story I read about this feature: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/09/01/airplay_allows_wireless_streaming_to_apple_third_party_devices.html

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)

Squeezebox Duet

Yes. Bedroom where I don't want to mess with receivers and clutter. Basement family room.

If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?

Power, volume. A sleep timer might be nice.

No but I do own an iPod Touch and will likely get an iPad... if you're developing Mac-based controller Aps, don't forget those!

TVJon

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? I have not done this type of set-up yet.

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?Yes I would love it , I would use it in the office / home computer room and for our trips to the Mountain House.It would be nice to take outside to the screen porch as well, many different user friendly applications that I can think of.

* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?Volume is a definite, maybe some tonal controls,Make it power on when the laptop powers up ?

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? Yes (I-Phone).

Thanks for the contest, sawz.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? I play all my music through my PC with a 500 Gig external hard drive and use Windows media player. I have I have indoor/outdoor wireless speakers on my deck/patio. My home audio system is used primarily for home theater.

Yes, That would be fantastic. Sounds very similar to the set up I have outside, but this would allow me to take the music wherever I would like to in the house.

* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)? I would Keep it simple, Power and volume...that's it. All other adjustments I would like to do on my PC.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? No...I am old school

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
  • NO
Nope.

On my desk top I run analog interconnects from my sound card to a rec'r.
That's pretty much regular computer speaker stuff for the likes of YouTube.

On my laptop I run a coaxial digital interconnect from an external sound card to my rec'r. That's from CD's ripped to WAV files.

That would be pretty nifty. If it was a portable type thing I would probably like stereo from a single unit. Maybe a dual tweeter deal like some ceiling speakers have. I guess the only place I would likely use such a device in stereo from separate speakers in the house is in our dinning area for low level background music. On/Off and Volume would be must haves. Tone controls might be kind of nice too but not deal breakers.

Nope.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I like following Alex:eek:

YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
NO
Yes, but use other vendor's services

Via my displays, which DNLA compliant. (pioneer)

If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
Yes, Outdoors and Garage. As for control, PWR, VC, and a treble compensation switch.

Yes< Blackberry, running BBOS 6

Last edited by a moderator:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

* YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
* NO

Yes, I have heard of them, but I have no desire to use either of them.

I have my computer hooked up to an old yamaha rx-v795 receiver which is hooked up to a pair of energy rc-10s and an orb audio super eight sub.

* If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?

Yes. Definitely in the kitchen and bathroom. They would of course have to have power and volume settings, but I don't think they'd need anything else.

Nope.

N

Nugu

Audioholic
NO

Yes. Direct from my PC via digital coax or streamed to my Playstation 3 (with PS3MediaServer).

No

N/A

No, too costly for little benefit.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yes, I have heard of Airplay but I haven't used it yet.

I use the mini optical out from my macbook pro to my receiver, or if I'm in my room then I use the 3.5mm out to my Adcom amp and use my laptop as the preamp.

Yes, I would use it in the half of our living room that is not occupied by my entertainment system. Power, Volume, FF, Reverse, Play/pause

Yes I have an iPhone

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai

Nope.

Most of my music is stored on a desktop harddrive which is linked to my Yamaha receiver via a bluetooth connection. Besides that, it's all CD or radio.

Yes. It sounds intriguing. Being able to plug speakers into an outlet anywhere (within range) and then listen to the music offers a lot of portability options.

Volume. The internal amps would probably need to be decent for any outside use.

Nope. Silly required data plans make them prohibitive at this time.

-pat

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic

NO

I don't. We don't really listen to music beside in the car and on our iPods (when traveling or exercising)

Maybe - likely kitchen or garage

power, volume, forward and back, pause

Yes - Android

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I've heard of them but have not looked into using them.

I don't. I'm a CD kind of guy

Could be nice if done right. I would probably use them in the dining room for background music and Power, volume and tweeter attenuation switch/knob

I don't but the wife has an Android type phone.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
1.No
2.Stream music from my computer thru my xbox to my receiver.
3. Yes would be great.
4. Don't own a smartphone.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
No

Via direct connection to the computer's sound card, via media streaming to my PS3, and via Zune

Yes. Where it would go would be dependant upon the quality of the speaker. My goal is always to get sound somewhere. The amps, recievers, cables and, yes, speakers are just a neccessairy evil.

Just got my DroidX

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
Quote:

No I haven't.

Quote:

Yes. streamed from my computer using xbox and mediacenter.
Quote:

No I wouldn't.

Quote:

Doesn't Apply.

Quote:

Yes, Android.

B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
NO
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?
Stream from PC to my PS3
Yes, kitchen/outside patio area
Volume, fast forward, skip, power, file search etc. iOS4 support would be awesome.
iPhone, doesn't everyone? :)

T

Trezl

Junior Audioholic
YES - I have heard of Airplay, though I have not used it yet.

My Denon Receiver can stream media, so I just use it for now. I can also stream to my 360 or PS3.

Yes. I would use it in the kids' playroom. I would expect power, volume and some ability to choose playlists.

No.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic

Yes, I've heard of AirPlay on tech news sites, and read a bit more since I have an iPod touch that might be able to drive it, but have not used it yet.

I have a PS3 with all of my main CDs as MP3s on it. The PS3 is hooked to the TV and receiver.

Probably not right now. I have all I need in this respoect now.

No - I have a phone that isn't quite as smart as an iPhone/Android or modern Blackberry (it has WAP browsing and email only, and no tuchscreen).

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
  • NO
I've heard of PlayTo but haven't played with it.

I have Western Digital TV Live boxes in two rooms.

Possibly.

• If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
    For the garage or the back yard.
  • What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
    On/Off and volume at a minimum.
Android - Droid X

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis