Enter to Win: Aperion Intimus 4B Speakers with Wall Mounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shike

Audioholic Intern
1. Have you heard of either of these free services?

Yes, I've heard of airplay but have not used it.

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?

A direct connection to my computer with my DAC playing music in FB2K. Sometimes I stream to a netbook.

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?

Really depends on the cost and performance. May work alright for a bedroom system if the cost is reasonable with a solid way of controlling them extraneous from smart phone solutions (mine is often not supported).

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?)

Yes, but the caveat: it's a Palm.

P

Pat D

Audioholic
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

1. Have you heard of either of these free services?

* NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)

I hook up the 1/8" stereo headphone output to a 1/8" splitter jack and hook that up to the preamp auxiliary input with RCA cables. I know, it's disgustingly low tech!

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?

* If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?

Bedroom and outdoors.

* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?

Power, volume, balance.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?)

Nope.

Note this contest ends on October 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis