Enter to Win: Aperion Intimus 4B Speakers with Wall Mounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slats

Slats

Junior Audioholic
1. Yes

2. Rhapsody UPnP mode through a Roku in one room and a Netbook + USB D/A converter in antoher. For better quality I use a customize application server to feed FLAC streams.

3. Not really. It may be convenient but I doubt it would meet my quality standards.

4. BlackBerry

E

euphonimaniac

Audiophyte
1. Have you heard of either of these free services?
Yes. I've heard of Airplay, but I don't have an Apple TV or compatible device.

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)
I connect my iPod Touch to my Pioneer VSX-1020-K receiver.

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?
If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?

Yes. I would use it in the kitchen, the bedroom, or outside. I would expect to be able to control volume, playback (play/pause/song select/skip/etc.), and possibly power through my iPod.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?)
Nope, just my iPod Touch.

B

big_k

Enthusiast
Contest Questions:
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

Yes, I have heard of the Windows 7 "Play to". I stream music from my computer to my Playstation 3 which is hooked up to my home audio system.
2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? (Please detail your set up: Aperion Home Audio Link (HAL), Sonos, Squeezebox, Roku etc.)
I leave my windows 7 computer on and play it through the playstation 3, then I have my playstation 3's audio going out to my Harmon Kardon AVR.

3. Would you be interested in a powered speaker that you could plug into any AC outlet and then play music from your personal collection via your computer without any other components?
If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
Yes I would, I would place it outside near the patio so that I could simply turn on my computer and control it via a remoedte or my Palm Pre Plus. I would like Power, Volume, and a built in equilizer with a digital display saying which song is being play.
Yes, a Palm Pre PLus.

G

grateful4music

Audiophyte
Both Apple and Microsoft are making it easier for music lovers to listen to their collections by offering free music streaming services through either Windows 7 or iTunes 10. Windows 7 certified devices utilize “Play-to” and Mac is offering “Airplay”. Both allow you to push music from your computer to a connected device that is certified for the service.

* YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
* NO
I've heard of "Airplay"

I use foobar2000 to stream lossless files from my main desktop computer to my HTPC (both w/ Windows 7) then into my Onkyo receiver via optical. Played through Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers.

* If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
Yes, in my office or bedroom. I'd expect it to a power switch & volume knob/buttons.

Not at the moment

I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern

* YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
* NO

No I have not because I'm still using XP, and I don't, and probably never will, own a Mac.

I stream to my X-Box or my Samsung TV with DLNA.

* If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
* What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?

Yes I would. I would probably use it in my bedroom or bathroom or maybe both.

I would definitely like to have volume controls since my bedroom and bathroom are upstairs and my computer is downstairs.

Yes. I have a HTC Hero on Sprint and I LOVE my phone! And Android!!

D

Dster

Audiophyte
No, I have not

I burn a cd.

Yeah. I would use it in the kitchen, the bedroom, or outside. I would expect to be able to control volume, playback, trebble and bass adjustments.

No.

I

Ivygrrl

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:

NO, but now I'm interested.

ipod via Pioneer 1020

YES- of course

• If yes, where you would use such a speaker (bedroom, bathroom outdoors, kitchen etc.)?
    I'd like it in the kitchen, bedrooms and study
  • What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)?
power, volume and possibly the common controls on an ipod, or control via ipod

no, it's on the wish list.
Note this contest ends on October 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
I have the older Aperion 523's and they are incredible. Good luck everyone
Ivygrrl

Last edited by a moderator:
D

drpaulse

Audiophyte
1. No, I haven't.

2. itunes on iMac G5 through Pioneer

3. Definitely. Entire house, outdoors.
Power, volume, bass/treble level

4. No. Want one.

M

m_vanmeter

Full Audioholic
NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?
YES, through a WD TV Live Plus box with digital files on network shares or USB devices.

YES, active (powered) monitors are very useful in many situations by eliminating the need for a stereo amplifier or receiver.

Volume is obvious, you have to control the internal amplifiers. Power is also obvious. Some analog tone controls would be nice, due to the small size of the speakers.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? NO, my phone is a very dumb Motorola.

S

Someday

Enthusiast
enter to win

NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? Just purchased the squeezebox touch. As of now it is only hooked up to my 2 channel rig.

Not really.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? No.

truebeliever

Audiophyte

No

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system?

Currently play ripped CDs and Amazon purchased music through speaker system attached to computer. No home system yet. Really want a home system.

Very Much Yes!

I would put these throughout the house.

What controls that you would expect this speaker to have (power, volume, etc.)

Power. Volume. It would be great if they powered up and down from the computers control. Would love to pipe the same music through out the house from a single source. Great parties.

Do you currently own a smart phone? (iPhone or Android device?)

Android.

M

metier

Audiophyte
YES (If Yes, please explain which service and how you use it.)
NO

No

I have a Pioneer Elite sc-25 with a ethernet connection to a buffalo wireless bridge, that connects to my Windows Home Server, which has all my music on it.

No

Yes Droid

gregt16g

gregt16g

Audioholic Intern
No

We still burn CD's

Yes, Outdoors, garage
Power, volume

4. Do you currently own a smart phone?
Blackberry

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
yes
connected via apple tv.
maybe
would use in temporay locations
own an iphone

K

KeithMoon75

Audiophyte
Yes

Escient Se80 music server

Maybe not normally

iPhone 3g

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja

No

I don't. I use a USB drive with MP3's to play music on my system.

No. I'm going the other direction with lighter, more portable computing like Android tablets or iPad.

Not yet, but will be getting an Android phone soon.

M

Monkeypimp

Enthusiast
NO

2. How do you currently play music from your computer on your home audio system? I use a squeezebox 3 connected via gigabit ethernet.

No I wouldn't have much use for a product like that. It does not allow the ability to play from other sources such as cd/turntable/etc.

4. Do you currently own a smart phone? Yes I own the Palm Pre and and Ipad

A

Ananke

Audiophyte
YES
I am using Play To to DLNA network-ed WD TV player with digiatal through a receiver and HT system.

Through WD TV used as network connected streamer and TOS link-ed to HT system. I will probably replace it with Boxee Box, or any other codec-rich and non-proprietary media streamer.

Yes, I am interested in powered speakers for surrounds/rear in HT with wireless signal in the living room. I am using M-Audio B8s as computer speakers, they are powered monitors.

They should have power and volume AND auto shut down when no signal is detected, similarly to good subwoofer's controls.

Yes, Nokia Symbian based...will probably change it to Android but generation 3.0 and later when released.

1hagop

Audioholic Intern

NO

I use a 1TB Iomega network drive and play music through my network receiver. I have a roku and ps3 but only use them for movies.

Not really. Just not fond of the concept. I have 3 zones off my AVR and have them all hard wired in.

Yes, Iphone 4

B

bwilberg266

Audioholic Intern

Yes, Airplay, but I do not currently use it.

I use the mini-toslink out of my mac mini with an external 500GB HDD to play lossless files through my Denon receiver.

YES! I would love to utilize this in our workout room which is currently without a decent audio option. But the great thing is, it wouldn't have to stay there. If I wanted to use them in the garage while working on something in there I just unplug them, move them, plug them back in and I'm good to go!

I would want basic controls such as volume, power, and maybe even control functions of the tracks being played. (Forward, reverse, pause, etc.)

Yes, I currently use and iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis