Dolby Atmos Setup Help!

S

sudman

Enthusiast
So I factory reset the pioneer and it worked. There must have been some issue with the prior setup on the pioneer being a 7.1 + Zone 2.

S

sudman

Enthusiast
So to confirm , should the pioneer be in Direct or Pure Direct? What is the difference ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So to confirm , should the pioneer be in Direct or Pure Direct? What is the difference ?
They’re basically the same bypassing mcacc, except “pure Direct” turns off the video circuitry and the front display.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
No problem. I hope you get this smoothed out. I’m doing atmos soon too with an x4400 and a Yamaha p2500s on my mains. I didn’t read all the thread but thought I’d mention IC speakers.(since you asked) I’ve got 4 RSL C34e’s on preorder. They have wide coverage, great build quality and solid construction. $125.00 each is a great price too. Can’t wait!!!
Oh yeah: https://rslspeakers.com/products/c34e-edgeless-in-ceiling-speaker/

Last edited:
-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
No problem. I hope you get this smoothed out. I’m doing atmos soon too with an x4400 and a Yamaha p2500s on my mains. I didn’t read all the thread but thought I’d mention IC speakers.(since you asked) I’ve got 4 RSL C34e’s on preorder. They have wide coverage, great build quality and solid construction. $125.00 each is a great price too. Can’t wait!!!
Oh yeah: https://rslspeakers.com/products/c34e-edgeless-in-ceiling-speaker/
I assume you have x4400 already, or you'd go for the Denon AVR X6400H. I'm hoping to get a X6400H and avoid the need for a secondary amp for Atmos Speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I assume you have x4400 already, or you'd go for the Denon AVR X6400H. I'm hoping to get a X6400H and avoid the need for a secondary amp for Atmos Speakers.
Actually Jim, I already have the Yamaha amp. It’s been driving my mains for a couple years now. I don’t have the 4400/4300 yet, and I just got confirmation that my RSL C34e’s will ship on Monday. So, that means my avr will wait just a little longer until my squirrel stash comes back up a little more. The 6400 looks spectacular, and was under consideration, but since I have the Yamaha, I don’t need all the active channels. I’ve been running 7.3 for a long time, and once I have the equipment, this should be a nice easy transition.
Btw, aren’t you done yet? Lol

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis