Definitive Technology Demand D15 Tower Speaker Review

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I bought a D5c too. Now, when I run Audissey on Denon X3500H, it tells me the towers are not in phase, but the center is. I triple checked the wiring. Black goes to black and red goes to red. Is it possible that the out of phase has something to do with the bass radiators? The center doesn't have any.

If I flip the tower wires at one end the messages goes away.
I believe the D5c is sealed, so yes, the passive radiators might be causing a phase mismatch with the front towers. However, it is also possible that there is an accidental internal wiring mismatch from the factory. I have seen this before (although not from Deftech). I would try swapping the wiring of the center and or left/right to see how it sounds. If anything sounds weird, then there might be a wiring problem with a speaker.

A

adrianconst

Enthusiast
I finished the Audyssey setup with the towers wired correctly, which made Audissey to give me the out of phase warning. If I flip the wires for each tower, do I need to rerun Audyssey?

Note, I got the same out of phase message before I bought the center. So, it seems that Audissey identifies the out of phase issue for each speaker independently.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I finished the Audyssey setup with the towers wired correctly, which made Audissey to give me the out of phase warning. If I flip the wires for each tower, do I need to rerun Audyssey?

Note, I got the same out of phase message before I bought the center. So, it seems that Audissey identifies the out of phase issue for each speaker independently.
That is weird... try reversing the wires on one speaker and see what happens- in terms of what both what Audyssesy says and how it sounds.

A

adrianconst

Enthusiast
That's what actually happened the first time when I ran Auddisey, before getting the center. By mistake one of the towers had flipped wires. Auddisey said that one of the towers was out of phase. The out of phase tower turned out to be the one with the correct wiring. When I fixed the tower that had the flipped wiring, Auddisey told me both towers were out of phase.

I flipped both tower wires. My sensation is the bass is better than when the wires were set correctly, a bit.

The question is, do I need to run Auddisey again, after I flipped the wires?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis