Can basement humidify crack sub box?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The product you are thinking of using is flexible. The cabinet should ideally be inflexible. So DAP is out. A wood glue, assuming the cabinet can be compressed using clamps, will provide a stronger bond than any other spot on the cabinet.

So some clamps or weight on the cabinet after applying the glue, to compress or close the opening, is the best solution.
Guess I’ll be returning. It for wood-glue haha !!

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Save your money for some speakers. There's probably a lot more going on than a crack if there's water damage. This is another fruitless project that's more than likely not to turn out well.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Absolutely. If it cracked due to water intrusion then there will be some other damage that cannot be seen. Best to start saving for some speakers or at least the supplies needed for a DIY solution

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Absolutely. If it cracked due to water intrusion then there will be some other damage that cannot be seen. Best to start saving for some speakers or at least the supplies needed for a DIY solution
Humidity cracked it , it was not submerged or even touched by water , are you sure the driver or the box is not worth using ? Or is this just a woofer sold as a subwoofer ?? I could put it in my car haha would a low end car amp power this junk thing ?
Could I remove the woofer and use it for something else?

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Something this cheap and junky I can fix with superglue then attach it to my car speakers maybe ?
It won’t stress my car amp right ?
Maybe should toss it onlinefor $50-80 and see if it sells ever

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Ended up just using gorilla super glue .

Free the reptile aliens

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis