Back to Work ... Finally

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Good luck this time, Alex. Obama's stimulus plans are bound to have an effect on the job market...some day. Give it another couple of years.:rolleyes:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
All the best Uncle Oscar! Seriously!!! I really hope this brings you joy and prosperity. I like busting your stones but I like you and your your much better half's well being even more my friend! :)

Stay thirsty my friend!:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This is a small company that keeps a handful of guys going. My hope is that they want to hang onto me because of my abilities outside of drywall. Should I mention audio before coffee break or after coffee break? :rolleyes: :)

I gotta get to bed! :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Two weeks after coffee break.:D
I hope the job lasts longer than that. I'm going to try to not talk about audio. It's hard though when I'm surrounded by all sorts of material to not think about how it would be to stuff something into a speaker. Rick suffers from the same malady. He was waiting for me in the parking lot and happened to notice that the material they used to recently seal the cracks was still pliable. He had to start poking it and made mention of applying something like that to the inside of a cabinet. He's just not right! :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Just caught wind of this thread. Congradulations Alex. I'm really happy for ya dude!! :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
This is a small company that keeps a handful of guys going. My hope is that they want to hang onto me because of my abilities outside of drywall. Should I mention audio before coffee break or after coffee break? :rolleyes: :)
I'd keep your incredible interior decorating skills and fashion sense to yourself.
Resist the urge to tie your shirt in the front......this time.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

I gotta get to bed! :eek:
Just play up the unique skill set that you bring to the job. Like say, being able to install ceiling light fixtures without a ladder...;)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Just play up the unique skill set that you bring to the job. Like say, being able to install ceiling light fixtures without a ladder...;)
Also his extensive knowledge of sugar and bacon ;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
You go Alex. Keep showing them how great you are. It will pay off in the end.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Seriously!!! I really hope this brings you joy and prosperity. I like you and .............:eek:
While I understand that, 'The heart wants, what the heart wants,' and maybe in another time and another place things would be different.
Keep in mind you two have wives to think about.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
While I understand that, 'The heart wants, what the heart wants,' and maybe in another time and another place things would be different.
Keep in mind you two have wives to think about.
Green is you color isn't it...;):p

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Hey. No fighting. There is plenty of Alex to go around.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Keep showing them how great you are.
I'm doing my best. Today was cake. I landed in some serious gravy. I had to clad electrical outlets in 2 layers of 5/8" board. Each box got 10 little pieces of drywall slapped onto it. Then they let us out 1-1/2 hours early. Work wise this is one of the best days in the history of work. :)

It's not as good as being able to post all day but for construction work? ... this is good. ;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I'm doing my best. Today was cake. I landed in some serious gravy. I had to clad electrical outlets in 2 layers of 5/8" board. Each box got 10 little pieces of drywall slapped onto it. Then they let us out 1-1/2 hours early. Work wise this is one of the best days in the history of work. :)

It's not as good as being able to post all day but for construction work? ... this is good. ;)
So tell us, how many things did you see that could be used in a speaker or for a sound system in some way.

BTW, glad you had a good day. May you have many more.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So tell us, how many things did you see that could be used in a speaker or for a sound system in some way.
I'm building a sound proof wall at the Federal Reserve. I saw more sound related sh!t today ... :D ... special gaskets for walls that end on window mullions, a new foam duct liner, acoustical caulking, mineral wool ... that's about it. I'm surprised they didn't have any resilient channel. :confused:

... but I stayed quite and did my thing. The foreman has a Bose system in his truck. :eek::D

I stayed quiet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis