Back to Work ... Finally

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Outstanding Alex .. I am still out of work after 14 months.

Peace and Great,

Forest Man
Isn't that always the way, hurting your back first thing in the morning, when your cold and muscles not warmed up yet.
I feel for you buddy; reminds me seeing the delivery truck waiting at seven at I pull up to the job. Nothing like moving heavy switch gear first thing in the morning.
On top of it, I see your dealing with work place politics too, isn't it fun?:D:rolleyes: Enjoy the weekend!
This is why I got away from it...I feel for you too Alex. I worked a lot of crap jobs for quite a few years but i couldn't take the politics on a the job site.

I think you two should go open up your own hair salon. You could call it Twisters. I can hear Rick answering the phone already "Hello Twisters, We'll take care of that kink for ya";):D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Did Alex say he is working today? I think it's Saturday. Do people work on Saturdays?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I think you two should go open up your own hair salon. You could call it Twisters. I can hear Rick answering the phone already "Hello Twisters, We'll take care of that kink for ya";):D
Having an eye for fashion...it's a curse.

:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Today I have to finish painting this lady's PITA kitchen with a vaulted 12' ceiling and beams running at regular ceiling height making it difficult to get to the peak corners ... and this lady is picky. She had a minor complaint. I offered to refund her a hundred bucks and suggested that she hire a real painter. That put the fear into her. She wants me to paint more walls ... going back up into the corners of the peaks ... where I said I would never return ... with a very slim chance of making her happy ... but I won't give up.

So yeah, given a chance I work Saturdays, Sundays and tomorrow is a Patriot's day which MA observes. The Boston Marathon will get run and I'll have a chance to hang a drop ceiling for these people I was doing a basement renovation for. It's not so much that I'm a hard worker as it is that I'm a gravy pig.

Regular work is cool. The back is on the mend and there is talk of more OT in the form of 10 hour days. The feast or famine nature of this industry is well known. Gotsta go.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, you have motivated me. I am going to try to put in 20 solid hours of work next week.:D
Today I have to finish painting this lady's PITA kitchen with a vaulted 12' ceiling and beams running at regular ceiling height making it difficult to get to the peak corners ... and this lady is picky. She had a minor complaint. I offered to refund her a hundred bucks and suggested that she hire a real painter. That put the fear into her. She wants me to paint more walls ... going back up into the corners of the peaks ... where I said I would never return ... with a very slim chance of making her happy ... but I won't give up.

So yeah, given a chance I work Saturdays, Sundays and tomorrow is a Patriot's day which MA observes. The Boston Marathon will get run and I'll have a chance to hang a drop ceiling for these people I was doing a basement renovation for. It's not so much that I'm a hard worker as it is that I'm a gravy pig.

Regular work is cool. The back is on the mend and there is talk of more OT in the form of 10 hour days. The feast or famine nature of this industry is well known. Gotsta go.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Not this time. Some things a monkey has to do alone and drywall is one of them. I hate to leave Dave high and dry with his organ but a monkey has to do what a monkey has to do.

Right now it's time to get my affairs in order by wrapping up the record store job and making sure that I have lunch food for the week. This is a tough company and the competition is tougher than ever with the economy the way it is. It would be so much easier if I was a union electrician. :D
Why don't you become an electrician then:confused:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
A monkey playing with wires sounds like a recipe for disaster.

On a serious note he does have some soldering skills and might make an excellent one.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Then what would Rick do? :D I don't want to be a 45 year old apprentice in a trade whose union members work less than carpenters. I don't think they would accept me into the apprenticeship program either ... not to mention that I'm straight. :eek: :p

I got that kitchen painted and got that lady to say she was impressed. It's my first time painting for real money ... I think. I have defiled myself in so many ways that it's hard to remember every obscene act. This was one of my all time lows. I even changed out a couple of dimmer switches and hung a light fixture ... yuck.

Tomorrow the drop ceiling.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes and no I guess.I just got lucky back in 85 as the bands soundguy I was working for didnt show up and I got the gig.It has just gotten better as my client list keeps growing!!!
It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else. :)

When you come to Boston to work, are you going to send a car for me? :D

J

jamie2112

Banned
It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else. :)

When you come to Boston to work, are you going to send a car for me? :D
No I will not.I expect you to ride in on a horse drawn hot dog cart.I want just ketchup and mustard please.......

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that even possible? :D
I just went to a union meeting and it appears that technically you are correct.
Carpenters are not working and the outlook is bleak. I bought a Made in the USA shirt.
On the way to work today I think I'll cave in the driver's door skin on 5 foreign cars to boost the local economy. :rolleyes:
Where's Sheep? :eek: :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That last job was pretty short lived. I'm being sent out to a new gig tomorrow. Luckily it's right across the street from South Station which is where my train pulls in so I don't have to drive. It's a small family owned outfit that keeps a small handful of guys going and hopefully there's room for one more ... for the long haul. :rolleyes: That's not sarcasm, that's my eyes trained on the heavens in prayer. :D

Oh yeah ... the weight loss program is on again.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
That last job was pretty short lived. I'm being sent out to a new gig tomorrow. Luckily it's right across the street from South Station which is where my train pulls in so I don't have to drive. It's a small family owned outfit that keeps a small handful of guys going and hopefully there's room for one more ... for the long haul. :rolleyes: That's not sarcasm, that's my eyes trained on the heavens in prayer. :D

Oh yeah ... the weight loss program is on again.
Good luck man, lets hope this gig will last longer

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis