Back to Work ... Finally

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Tomorrow morning I need to be in Boston for a 6:15 AM start time. This is such good news that I am beside myself. Fortunately I am just finishing up a side job that has put me through some of the paces of doing real work and I'm just about done being sore from that, so part of the conditioning is over. I'm off the nicotine so I don't have to worry about smoking during my breaks in which I need to be eating and actually taking a break.

Aside from the extra money that an actual job provides this is my ticket to a weight loss program. :)
With any luck the building is air conditioned too. ;)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Tomorrow morning I need to be in Boston for a 6:15 AM start time. This is such good news that I am beside myself. Fortunately I am just finishing up a side job that has put me through some of the paces of doing real work and I'm just about done being sore from that, so part of the conditioning is over. I'm off the nicotine so I don't have to worry about smoking during my breaks in which I need to be eating and actually taking a break.

Aside from the extra money that an actual job provides this is my ticket to a weight loss program. :)
With any luck the building is air conditioned too. ;)
Congrats... I assume Dave will be grinding the organ while you dance?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats... I assume Dave will be grinding the organ while you dance?
Not this time. Some things a monkey has to do alone and drywall is one of them. I hate to leave Dave high and dry with his organ but a monkey has to do what a monkey has to do.

Right now it's time to get my affairs in order by wrapping up the record store job and making sure that I have lunch food for the week. This is a tough company and the competition is tougher than ever with the economy the way it is. It would be so much easier if I was a union electrician. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congratulations, Alex! That's fantastic news. I know that you've been waiting a while for this.

I assume Dave will be grinding the organ while you dance?
That's just so wrong. So, so wrong.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Awesome news Alex!:cool:

It's a good thing you finally got that bathroom done and out of the way! :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's a good thing you finally got that bathroom done and out of the way! :D
That's what she said! :)

I suppose I better go buy the shelves for the linen closet. I got asked about that last night. I guess my time of spinnin' and grinnin' is drawing to a close. Unlike Adam, when I say there will be no posting from work, I mean there will be no posting from work. You would think that with a solid 8 months off I would have the joint looking like the Taj Mahal ...

... but I don't. :D

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Great news!

Hopefully it won’t cause you to neglect your comic relief duties here!

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Great news. Glad to see that you'll have something ELSE to do with your hands for a change.;)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That's great news indeed. In a difficult construction period you are indeed fortunate.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You mean you actually have to do something other than crack jokes.:p

Oh wait you can crack jokes on the construction site. :)

Remember you are apart of a Union. You called it the funsters.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for posting guys. I'll be turning in pretty soon. lsiberian, being in the Carpenter's Union isn't what you think. People get canned all the time and for all sorts of reasons. As TLS mentioned, I'm very fortunate to get a job in this economy. Hopefully I have some longevity with this company. I need it to last until Christmas ... at least.

Drywaller's Prayer: Please God let there be another boom and I promise not to piss it away. :)

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I am glad you are back to work alex. Now you can pay taxes again and help this country get out of debt.:D Lets just hope the new boss lets you bring your laptop to work so you can keep us all amused.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It's bittersweet isn't it, Alex. On the one hand, work=money=food, rent, utilities. On the other hand, work=work=no fun or free time. All things considered, working is better than not working just as eating is better than not eating.

Congrats on the job. I hope it lasts a good long time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis