Ascend Acoustic Ribbon Towers

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I've been rockin ol reliable for a....uh....long time

Yeah buddy!!!! That’s the one. It’s been around so long, there’s actually offset files for it. They’re basically for measuring LF but yeah. She works! Cheap too.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
It's a pain for me to set up. I have to pull my pc out of the stand, unplug everything (including router) and reconnect it all to the front aux HDMI input, get an extension cord, a stand to put the pc on and stretch all of the cabling about as far as it can go.

All the more reason to scoot closer. I'll still have to drag stuff out but where I'm at right now almost every cord is stretched to the limit, including the one for the UMIK.
That's why I do all my REW measurements with a cheap old little laptop! I think I paid like $250 for it 6 or so years ago and it is now basically my REW laptop. Last time I pulled it out for use I had something like 18 months of updates to install... oops

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I think Ryan's suggestion will draw less attention! :p

I'll check out those suggestions tho and look into the "Beside You" Time Blu Ray. I'll bet I can get it cheap on ebay. The STAIN'D Blu Ray @William Lemmerhirt recommended to me did not disappoint.
The surround mix on Beside you in Time is phenomenal.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
*cough* first album was the best *cough*
Well, maybe...lol. I like a LOT of Korn. Paradigm shift has the addition of Ray(excellent drummer), and Head came back. I feel it’s an excellent album from stem to stern, and it sounds great too. Follow the leader? What can I say...awesome. Untouchables has an odd 80’s sound to me, but there’s some great music on it. Man...I could go on...lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, maybe...lol. I like a LOT of Korn. Paradigm shift has the addition of Ray(excellent drummer), and Head came back. I feel it’s an excellent album from stem to stern, and it sounds great too. Follow the leader? What can I say...awesome. Untouchables has an odd 80’s sound to me, but there’s some great music on it. Man...I could go on...lol.
I stopped listening a long time ago, but I may have to revisit them like I've been doing with other old stuff I used to listen to non-stop

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's why I do all my REW measurements with a cheap old little laptop! I think I paid like $250 for it 6 or so years ago and it is now basically my REW laptop. Last time I pulled it out for use I had something like 18 months of updates to install... oops
Same here. Cheap little Asus that came with Windows 8 (eww). Put a little SSD in it and it still runs great.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I really should do this. I could use my wife's laptop now that I think about it. For some reason I was thinking I had to have the Mini still hooked up to the pc I used for measuring during playback... wow, that's actually pretty dumb, lol.

063388a20f0d390e4bac0cd14f9583db--funny-star-trek-peek-a-boos.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Same here. Cheap little Asus that came with Windows 8 (eww). Put a little SSD in it and it still runs great.
Basically what I did with mine too, except it's an HP and I did upgrade it to Windows 10 when MS was doing the free upgrades for it, the SSD I put in was even one I already had that I cycled out of my desktop for a larger one.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I could actually see myself using that mic stand and putting the whole assembly behind the couch with the mic just popping over and into the spot where my head would be...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I really need to invest in those for REW. I'm sure I look like a moron holding the mic in front of my face.
I imagine I look like a moron too, but that's cause I'm laying on the floor off to the side of everything while running the measurements. LOL

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I really need to invest in those for REW. I'm sure I look like a moron holding the mic in front of my face.
I think it's worth it just for ease of use when moving the mic around. I hated fighting the cheap ass cardboard tripods that come with Denon/Marantz. It doesn't take long for them to get all beat up and crooked, and jimmying it up for the UMIK just never worked really well. It's quite a bit heavier than the Audyssey mic and kept wanting to fall over.

*Edit: I hated fighting with the cardboard tripod, but it's better than nothing so I still appreciated that they include them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The only Korn I've been listening to, and quite truthfully the 2 I'm most familiar with are the self titled ep with "Blind" and "Ball Tongue" on it and "Follow the Leader". The self titled is their first one, right? First EP?

Anyhoo, have not checked out the newer stuff at all, was unaware they got a new drummer and didn't know "Head" left then came back... I am pathetically behind on my Korn!

"Paradigm Shift", huh? I don't think I've heard a single track from it... o_O

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh be quiet Mr I didn't even think to use my wife's laptop!
It's funny because it's true! Ha ha!

Dude... I seriously thought I couldn't use a different pc for sweeps and adjustments. I just always used the HTPC for everything. I don't know what I was thinking.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis