American audio industry may suffer a blow..

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I don't like Trump, but I don't think he is the root of the problem. The root problem is the fools who voted for him. He is only a symptom of a much deeper problem. I will say that I don't hate the United States, but if I did, honestly if I really wanted to see the USA suffer, Trump would be a fantastic president. The damage he is doing to the country's credibility is unprecedented. What absolutely humiliating leadership: democratically elected presidents are symbolic of the character of the American people, and this man is a childish imbecile. This president reinforces all the worst associations and stereotypes that anyone ever had of Americans and even makes them much, much worse. I thought that George W. Bush would have been the worst president I would see in my lifetime, but Bush is positively magisterial compared to Trump.
I'm a fool then .. see still poop being thrown. Generalizations about people are just dumb. Shady I enjoy your hard work providing great reviews, but you should consider that your political voice might not be as you perceive it. By no means am I a fool. Maybe a political foe, but not a fool.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a fool then .. see still poop being thrown. Generalizations about people are just dumb. Shady I enjoy your hard work providing great reviews, but you should consider that your political voice might not be as you perceive it. By no means am I a fool. Maybe a political foe, but not a fool.
You may not be a fool, but Trump is !

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Shady, you missed one very salient point............. the Dems failed to put forth a credible candidate against him. So some of the blame needs to go there as well IMO.
I am not a fan of the Clintons but Hillary was easily a superior choice. Almost anyone would be. Trump was a mobbed-up, D-list celebrity who bet on racism and sadly won. An ice cream cone is a more credible candidate than Donald Trump.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since the whole shtick of the drumpf is based on throwing poo at others, what do you expect? I tend not to think of drumpf supporters as fools particularly, but rather angry greedy fearful privileged racist authoritarian white people (some are pretty stupid, too, just watch some of the many hilarious interviews with his supporters outside his rallies).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Ice cream cones are smarter and more personable.
Trump may not be stupid, he became billionaire twice and I believe that require some intellect.

However, his morale, principles, attitiude and goals are absolute crap.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Trump may not be stupid, he became billionaire twice and I believe that require some intellect.

However, his morale, principles, attitiude and goals are absolute crap.
It's not exceedingly difficult to become a billionaire when you start off with 400+ million from daddy. JS

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's not exceedingly difficult to become a billionaire when you start off with 400+ million from daddy. JS
Plus may not have paid full share of taxes on the transfer and real estate has gone up quite a bit....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
There are some comments in this thread pointing to the stock market gains and giving the credit to Trump. So, who do we blame for the recent stock market turmoil?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Here’s what Trump call bandits:

Evin Mata, who was deported to Honduras from Florida three months ago, is walking because he needs a job. “We are workers,” he told Washington posts Kevin Sieff on Sunday. “What are we supposed to do in Honduras if there’s no work

Ingrid Andino joined because she feared for the life of her 16-year-old son, who was being pushed by gangs in Honduras to sell drugs. Leaving was the only way to keep him safe, she said.

Sairy Bueso said she’s doing it for her two children. She wants them to have more opportunities than she has. “There are risks that we must take for the good of our children,” she told the Guardian this weekend.

Mata, Andino and Bueso are all part of a group of thousands of refugees and migrants making their way from Central America into Mexico. Leaders of the caravan say they’ll keep going until they reach the United States.

The march has unnerved President Trump, who called the caravan a national emergency. In a series of tweets, he suggested — without evidence — that the group was crammed full of “criminals and unknown Middle Easterners.” On Monday, he threatened to reduce or even cut off foreign aid to Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, the countries from which most of the caravan originates.
Three examples out of the whole group is hardly evidence that no bad people are in the caravan.

From the link below-
"Mexico’s government on Oct. 18 said it was requesting support from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to help process refugee applications. It said anyone seeking to enter its country had to comply with immigration laws at authorized entry points.

Mexico’s foreign ministry also said it would not permit entry into Mexico if requirements to travel to a neighboring country have not been met."

So, Mexico can enforce its policies and the US can't? Why? Because the US has so much? Eventually, if too many come here and it costs too much to handle the demands due to population growth, that "so much" becomes "we can't afford it".

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/oct/22/politifact-sheet-what-we-know-about-caravan-headin/

Bottom line- the governments in the countries where most of the immigrants originate aren't doing much, if anything, to help their own people be safe. How would you fix that? They're not all seeking asylum and there's a big difference between refugees and immigrants who are looking for a better life.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
There are some comments in this thread pointing to the stock market gains and giving the credit to Trump. So, who do we blame for the recent stock market turmoil?
the market goes up..... the market goes down, always has, always will. If you sold off earlier in the week, bought back in yesterday, you're now happy !

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
I'd like to point our two things.

One is that this entire year, now 10 months in, the market is flat. Down 200 from how it started the year, down 2,000 points from it's high this year in January.

Second is that the first year of a Presidency has next to nothing to do with a new president.

Given the severe (unwise) stimulus of the tax breaks which should effect the market this year, the market should be roaring. That it isn't should give all pause.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I'd like to point our two things.

One is that this entire year, now 10 months in, the market is flat. Down 200 from how it started the year, down 2,000 points from it's high this year in January.

Second is that the first year of a Presidency has next to nothing to do with a new president.

Given the severe (unwise) stimulus of the tax breaks which should effect the market this year, the market should be roaring. That it isn't should give all pause.
Dont forget the federal reserve raised interest rates. That was a huge blow.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis