American audio industry may suffer a blow..

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Islamic Terrorists not Poor and Illiterate, but Rich and Educated

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9343/terrorism-poverty-despair
I bet if an honest survey was done of all terrorists, you would find that terrorists mostly come from poverty by a large margin. It must be remembered that the vast majority of terrorist acts do not occur in western nations. Iraq alone has had far more terrorist acts annually than all western nations combined for years now. By the way, your source has an awful anti-immigration slant. It's raison d'etre is to justify racism and discourage humanitarian and welfare spending.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So if it's not CNN or MSNBC it is not a "quality" source? Fine. This is just one of many pieces from the aforementioned news agencies:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/04/asia/bangladesh-attackers-isis/index.html

The intent of the first "quality" post was to refute the blanket statement, "......people that live well don’t become terrorists."
Fine, got something to cover all the crazy white terrorists in our own country? Good people on both sides, right? Thanks for not putting this in the giant shouting font this time. I'd still say generally people that are happy and have security don't go south....altho nutty religions often throws a monkey wrench in, too.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Fine, got something to cover all the crazy white terrorists in our own country? Good people on both sides, right? Thanks for not putting this in the giant shouting font this time. I'd still say generally people that are happy and have security don't go south....altho nutty religions often throws a monkey wrench in, too.
Sorry about the font; it was a cut-and-paste from the website, not intended to shout my point... ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'd still say generally people that are happy and have security don't go south....
buddy of mine just sold his business, moved 'south' to Florida, couldn't stand winters up North anymore, he appears happy and secure ..............

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
If that's the case, explain Osama Bin Laden.
Sorry about late reply!

When I said people living well don’t become terrorists, I am thinking about the people out there committing the terrorist act. I believe these are only peoplre with a bad, horrible life, with nothing to lose. I may be wrong but it’s what I believe.

Osama bin Laden came from a rich family yes, but he probably had many drivers for what he was doing, some of them probably also being from an economic perspective as I believe he recieived a lot of financial support. As far as I know he was never doing any of these things himself, but recruiting losers and people from the bottom of the society to do the incredibly coward acts that he would not do himself.

If all those people had a good life there would be on-one to execute the terrorist act, it’s not a fact but what I believe.

People are simple, they just want a good life, that’s it.

I have not seen a quality source proving something else

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Sorry about late reply!

When I said people living well don’t become terrorists, I am thinking about the people out there committing the terrorist act. I believe these are only peoplre with a bad, horrible life, with nothing to lose. I may be wrong but it’s what I believe.

Osama bin Laden came from a rich family yes, but he probably had many drivers for what he was doing, some of them probably also being from an economic perspective as I believe he recieived a lot of financial support. As far as I know he was never doing any of these things himself, but recruiting losers and people from the bottom of the society to do the incredibly coward acts that he would not do himself.

If all those people had a good life there would be on-one to execute the terrorist act, it’s not a fact but what I believe.

People are simple, they just want a good life, that’s it.

I have not seen a quality source proving something else
I just found this and it makes me hate what he was even more-

https://www.businessinsider.com/osama-bin-laden-admittedly-not-a-fighter-fainted-in-battle-2018-8

I have always heard that a good leader won't send others to do what they wouldn't be willing to do. I guess he was just a pissed off coward who couldn't handle battle and yet, they said the US didn't have the stomach for it.

Unfortunately, they badly underestimated us.

Lacking conflicting evidence at the time, I guess I took what I saw as fact when he was shown being "in charge". I think things would have turned out very differently if his inability to remain composed in battle had been known in the '90s.

highfigh

highfigh

buddy of mine just sold his business, moved 'south' to Florida, couldn't stand winters up North anymore, he appears happy and secure ..............
Does the fact that Florida doesn't make people pay personal income tax have anything to do with it?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Sure helps, that and homesteading.
If I could stand the humidity, No-seeums and hurricanes, I might think about moving there but it's highly unlikely that I would. I like dry heat and I'll take that and lower taxes than what I'm paying here in Wisconsin.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If I could stand the humidity, No-seeums and hurricanes, I might think about moving there but it's highly unlikely that I would. I like dry heat and I'll take that and lower taxes than what I'm paying here in Wisconsin.
Split time, from Nov to March its pleasant, especially on th he east coast with regards to humidity.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I just found this and it makes me hate what he was even more-

https://www.businessinsider.com/osama-bin-laden-admittedly-not-a-fighter-fainted-in-battle-2018-8

I have always heard that a good leader won't send others to do what they wouldn't be willing to do. I guess he was just a pissed off coward who couldn't handle battle and yet, they said the US didn't have the stomach for it.

Unfortunately, they badly underestimated us.

Lacking conflicting evidence at the time, I guess I took what I saw as fact when he was shown being "in charge". I think things would have turned out very differently if his inability to remain composed in battle had been known in the '90s.
Thx, and this article just underlines what I think I already knew.

I reckon 9/11 changed the heart of all New Yorkers forever, I still can’t believe this, I read that there were more firemen killed in the twin towers than there are firemen in my home city of Bergen.

I saw this story about this one single fireman who saved the lives of countless people out of the stairs and then he went back into the south tower just before it collapsed.... I can’t even start to grasp what these kinds of people were made of.

highfigh

highfigh

Thx, and this article just underlines what I think I already knew.

I reckon 9/11 changed the heart of all New Yorkers forever, I still can’t believe this, I read that there were more firemen killed in the twin towers than there are firemen in my home city of Bergen.

I saw this story about this one single fireman who saved the lives of countless people out of the stairs and then he went back into the south tower just before it collapsed.... I can’t even start to grasp what these kinds of people were made of.
Twin 100+ story towers makes it easy to have over 340 firefighters helping- that's 170/tower- not even two per floor. Police, Fire and Military are different from most- they run TOWARD trouble, not FROM is.

Bergen, eh? I knew someone from that city when I worked at a stereo store in the mid-'80s. He was here as a student at University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. His name was Arnie Treu- he would be mid-50s in age.

highfigh

highfigh

Split time, from Nov to March its pleasant, especially on the east coast with regards to humidity.
A friend is going back in ten days- he's retired and his mom lives in Clearwater, his brother has a place near Fort Myers, too.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Twin 100+ story towers makes it easy to have over 340 firefighters helping- that's 170/tower- not even two per floor. Police, Fire and Military are different from most- they run TOWARD trouble, not FROM is.

Bergen, eh? I knew someone from that city when I worked at a stereo store in the mid-'80s. He was here as a student at University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. His name was Arnie Treu- he would be mid-50s in age.
Some guys doing work way beoynd duty, I think many of those guys knew they would probably die in there, still they went back in.

I don’t know that guy from Bergen, well there is a saying that people from Bergen are not like other Norwegians :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This thread inspired us to look more closely into this situation and write an article about it.

The president’s escalating tariff war is wreaking havoc on American businesses that rely on Chinese manufacturing and supply chains. The results are higher prices for consumers, and real risk to small audio businesses, which may not be able to survive in the current climate. Makers of consumer loudspeakers, wireless headphones, high-end audiophile electronics, and professional recording gear are beginning to speak out about how these tariffs are affecting their businesses.

Could this spell the end of the American-made loudspeaker manufacturing business that may have no choice but to produce MORE not less of their products overseas to offset the costs on tariffs for globally sourced parts?

sanctions.jpg

Read: Trump Tariffs are Bad for the Audio Business

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis