American audio industry may suffer a blow..

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
AP to Trump on climate: Scientists say we're getting to a point where it's irreversible

Trump: My uncle was a scientist...and "I didn’t talk to him about this particular subject, but I have a natural instinct for science, and I will say that you have scientists on both sides"

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Here’s what Trump call bandits:

Evin Mata, who was deported to Honduras from Florida three months ago, is walking because he needs a job. “We are workers,” he told Washington posts Kevin Sieff on Sunday. “What are we supposed to do in Honduras if there’s no work

Ingrid Andino joined because she feared for the life of her 16-year-old son, who was being pushed by gangs in Honduras to sell drugs. Leaving was the only way to keep him safe, she said.

Sairy Bueso said she’s doing it for her two children. She wants them to have more opportunities than she has. “There are risks that we must take for the good of our children,” she told the Guardian this weekend.

Mata, Andino and Bueso are all part of a group of thousands of refugees and migrants making their way from Central America into Mexico. Leaders of the caravan say they’ll keep going until they reach the United States.

The march has unnerved President Trump, who called the caravan a national emergency. In a series of tweets, he suggested — without evidence — that the group was crammed full of “criminals and unknown Middle Easterners.” On Monday, he threatened to reduce or even cut off foreign aid to Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, the countries from which most of the caravan originates.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

Evin Mata, who was deported to Honduras from Florida three months ago, is walking because he needs a job. “We are workers,” he told Washington posts Kevin Sieff on Sunday. “What are we supposed to do in Honduras if there’s no work

Ingrid Andino joined because she feared for the life of her 16-year-old son, who was being pushed by gangs in Honduras to sell drugs. Leaving was the only way to keep him safe, she said.

Sairy Bueso said she’s doing it for her two children. She wants them to have more opportunities than she has. “There are risks that we must take for the good of our children,” she told the Guardian this weekend.

Mata, Andino and Bueso are all part of a group of thousands of refugees and migrants making their way from Central America into Mexico. Leaders of the caravan say they’ll keep going until they reach the United States.

The march has unnerved President Trump, who called the caravan a national emergency. In a series of tweets, he suggested — without evidence — that the group was crammed full of “criminals and unknown Middle Easterners.” On Monday, he threatened to reduce or even cut off foreign aid to Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, the countries from which most of the caravan originates.
100 ISIS Terrorists Caught in Guatemala as Central American Caravan Heads to U.S.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2018/10/100-isis-terrorists-caught-in-guatemala-as-central-american-caravan-heads-to-u-s/

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

and your point is what ???? they get to our border and we just welcome them in ???

with respect to your little stories told above , sadly we have all those scenarios playing out in this country right now. One needs not to look to Central America for 'heartache' !

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
If you want to fight terrorism, you need to help people out that need help.... If they can manage to get resources to take back their country for instance ....

If you shut it all down and away it will be breeding ground for terrorism and terrorists, people that live well don’t become terrorists.

Is US really in that a difficult situation, look to Italy

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
If you want to fight terrorism, you need to help people out that need help.... If they can manage to get resources to take back their country for instance ....

If you shut it all down and away it will be breeding ground for terrorism and terrorists, people that live well don’t become terrorists.

so in essence what are you saying.......let them in ?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

Immigration into the US is not shut down at all. Illegal immigration into the US needs to be shut down, and asylum has very specific legal meanings here:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1158

Trump's wall is a dumb idea, but securing the borders isn't. And this caravan is an especially odd thing. For example: how are they getting fed? Sanitary facilities? Water? Moving 5000 people thousands of miles is a big deal. It takes a lot of money and organization or people starve and die. The caravan probably isn't just a random group of people looking to escape gangs and crime. I doubt they're getting paid, but the situation smells very peculiar.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Your source is garbage. If you believe that, you will believe anything. You probably believe that Jamal Khashoggi became violent in a harmless interrogation by Saudi agents and had to be killed in self-defence.
My apologies if I do not understand - which part is "garbage", the Judicial Watch piece or the actual article from which the info was gleaned?

https://www.prensalibre.com/guatemala/politica/captura-de-terroristas-de-isis-es-informacion-protegida-segun-el-ejecutivo

Is it garbage because it is patently untrue or is it garbage because it does not fit your world view? Oh, and please do not assume you know what I believe - you really have no idea.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Your source is garbage. If you believe that, you will believe anything. You probably believe that Jamal Khashoggi became violent in a harmless interrogation by Saudi agents and had to be killed in self-defence.
That article uses logic that's illogical. Of course, Judicial Watch is an organization that takes a very classically conservative position on just about everything, and wraps it all up in commentary that makes it sound like an unbiased source. Trump is a fan. It might be true that Guatemala found ISIS operatives, but to then take the leap without evidence that ISIS operatives are in the caravan is probably garbage.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
so in essence what are you saying.......let them in ?
Absolutely not what I am saying, problem is that among many of them are also economic refuges, they should be stopped and sent back. By no means do I imply to open borders wide open, Sweden did and it did not work so. well.

People who are chasing good luck by leaving the country behind, go away...

Prople who are qualified, skilled, hard working could get a chance.

What I am trying to say is that I believe the only way to create stability is by helping people by giving the means so they can build their own country. Is it easy? No its not but weapons and war will just make it worse.

I honestly don’t know the answer to what is right, but countries will get better if hard working people can get something back for their determination.

Many people leave because they don’t see a choice, they they could get a choice in their own country perhaps. Call it also a good investment that should give returns

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My apologies if I do not understand - which part is "garbage", the Judicial Watch piece or the actual article from which the info was gleaned?

https://www.prensalibre.com/guatemala/politica/captura-de-terroristas-de-isis-es-informacion-protegida-segun-el-ejecutivo

Is it garbage because it is patently untrue or is it garbage because it does not fit your world view? Oh, and please do not assume you know what I believe - you really have no idea.
That article uses logic that's illogical. Of course, Judicial Watch is an organization that takes a very classically conservative position on just about everything, and wraps it all up in commentary that makes it sound like an unbiased source. Trump is a fan. It might be true that Guatemala found ISIS operatives, but to then take the leap without evidence that ISIS operatives are in the caravan is probably garbage.
The problem is there is no specifics in the claim that ISIS was trying to sneak in this caravan. This is the claims of a right-wing, tinpot, celebrity-turned-politician president who is surrounded by corruption (that description remind you of any particular US president?) The reason why he is saying that maybe because he is asking for US help in securing a large amount of credit.

If his claims were at all plausible, it would be a huge deal and would be covered by legitimate journalists, but it is phony on the face of it. Morales isn't offering any specifics that can be investigated at all. There is no way to verify his claims. You think he would provide some evidence if a battalion of ISIS terrorists tried to infiltrate the USA. I'm no Carl Bernstein but I would think that would be a major story and a huge intelligence triumph. But its just baseless bluster of the same type that Trump engages in daily. Its just garbage given to Trump to feed his racist supporters in order to secure easy money. It's a laughably stupid claim.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
One of the big ibstacles
Immigration into the US is not shut down at all. Illegal immigration into the US needs to be shut down, and asylum has very specific legal meanings here:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1158

Trump's wall is a dumb idea, but securing the borders isn't. And this caravan is an especially odd thing. For example: how are they getting fed? Sanitary facilities? Water? Moving 5000 people thousands of miles is a big deal. It takes a lot of money and organization or people starve and die. The caravan probably isn't just a random group of people looking to escape gangs and crime. I doubt they're getting paid, but the situation smells very peculiar.
I am not talking about immigration shutdown. But if you shut down possibilities for people to survive it will explode. Who’s responsibility is this. It’s actually not ours but can we help them by doing our efforts to killing corruption?. I guess first step is to blow away the corruption in their home countries, if at all possible

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The problem is there is no specifics in the claim that ISIS was trying to sneak in this caravan. This is the claims of a right-wing, tinpot, celebrity-turned-politician president who is surrounded by corruption (that description remind you of any particular US president?) The reason why he is saying that maybe because he is asking for US help in securing a large amount of credit.

If his claims were at all plausible, it would be a huge deal and would be covered by legitimate journalists, but it is phony on the face of it. Morales isn't offering any specifics that can be investigated at all. There is no way to verify his claims. You think he would provide some evidence if a battalion of ISIS terrorists tried to infiltrate the USA. I'm no Carl Bernstein but I would think that would be a major story and a huge intelligence triumph. But its just baseless bluster of the same type that Trump engages in daily. Its just garbage given to Trump to feed his racist supporters in order to secure easy money. It's a laughably stupid claim.
I take it you don't like Trump ..........

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
One of the big ibstacles

I am not talking about immigration shutdown. But if you shut down possibilities for people to survive it will explode. Who’s responsibility is this. It’s actually not ours but can we help them by doing our efforts to killing corruption?. I guess first step is to blow away the corruption in their home countries, if at all possible
This is not an easy problem to mitigate, no less solve. As a citizen and a taxpayer I think we have to be very smart about immigration, and the US most certainly is not in our current laws and policies. IMO, this caravan is a really bad move for those advocating that we should be more permissive. In the grand scheme of annual US immigration 5000 people is a small number. But the photos in the press make it look like an invasion. It is exactly what I would organize if I were a paranoid closed-borders, anti-immigration advocate.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This is not an easy problem to mitigate, no less solve. As a citizen and a taxpayer I think we have to be very smart about immigration, and the US most certainly is not in our current laws and policies. IMO, this caravan is a really bad move for those advocating that we should be more permissive. In the grand scheme of annual US immigration 5000 people is a small number. But the photos in the press make it look like an invasion. It is exactly what I would organize if I were a paranoid closed-borders, anti-immigration advocate.
I know and agree, it is exceedingly difficult, we opened borders too much in Norway and suffered from this, so it has been tightened up. 5000 is a small number but at a grand scale it can be really troublesome thinking about the signals that entry is easily possible

However, ignoring the issue and just throwing arms and violence at the people is just going to make matters worse, it’s what I think. The return to US may be suicide terrorists.

The only permanent fix I reckon is to deal with root cause which is a bad and corrupt regime. How to do that, I have no idea but it must be dealt with. Maybe its time for retired admiral William H McRaven !

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I take it you don't like Trump ..........
I don't like Trump, but I don't think he is the root of the problem. The root problem is the fools who voted for him. He is only a symptom of a much deeper problem. I will say that I don't hate the United States, but if I did, honestly if I really wanted to see the USA suffer, Trump would be a fantastic president. The damage he is doing to the country's credibility is unprecedented. What absolutely humiliating leadership: democratically elected presidents are symbolic of the character of the American people, and this man is a childish imbecile. This president reinforces all the worst associations and stereotypes that anyone ever had of Americans and even makes them much, much worse. I thought that George W. Bush would have been the worst president I would see in my lifetime, but Bush is positively magisterial compared to Trump.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Shady, you missed one very salient point............. the Dems failed to put forth a credible candidate against him. So some of the blame needs to go there as well IMO.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis