Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I think Jamie mentioned that on facebook. I'm glad your daughter wasn't hurt. RIP to the person who died.
IIRC, it was Radiohead's own drum tech. Sad.:(

This collapse was not weather related. Somebody is gonna swing.....

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Last day of school... Gonna be interesting to see if anyone will have the balls to do a burnout at the end of the day. :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
And so it begins....

So this morning, I was watching Dora The Explorer with my 2 year old, Sera. At one point, Boots came riding out on a horse. Sera shouted out, "Momma horse!" I asked her how she knew it was a Momma horse. She replied that it was too big to be Baby horse. Then I asked how she knew that it wasn't Daddy horse. She pointed at me and said, "Because you are sitting right there." I couldn't argue with her logic, but I feel bad that a 2 year old outsmarted me.

J

jamie2112

Banned
For the sake of our fellow forum members, I willemtion that Craig has been to see the car and we are waiting on parental permission before anything else.

Here's one I hope does not affect Jamie in any way. Last Saturday, the stage collapsed just before a Radiohead concert. One person was killed. My daughter worked on that show and was scheduled to be a truss light operator during the show, i.e. sitting in a truss above the stage in the section that collapsed.

It's terrible that a person died but also lucky that it didn't happen during the show, with a stage full of people, a full audience and my kid in the wreckage. It could have been much worse.
The deceased was Scott Johnson, I toured with him on Keane. Great kid.MY good buddy MIke Prowda was RH's monitor engineer and I spoke with him on Sunday.It turns out the RH promotor told them they couldn't hang all the video from the trusses as it was above weight.RH then hired a structual engineer to check and give them an OK. This is unprecidented in modern rock touring!!!! The band actually hired a guy who signed off on the struture being ok for the show.This is RADIOHEADS own fault and they will be paying dearly for that. I would venture to say it may be the end of Radiohead for a while as this is a HUGE mistake on Managment and promotor alike that cost an innocent life.This is the 1st time we have lost one of our own (touring crew) on a collapsed stage.This is been happening alot lately with the Indiana state fair last year and Sugerland.lots of people died that day...I feel that things are going to change quickly in the next month or so regarding outdoor shows on pop up stages ....RIP Scott , you were a great drum tech and spot on with your comedy. Prayers go out to his family and friends.........please keep this here on this forum and don't spread this "inside" info as there will be lawsuits for sure !!!!thanks

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The deceased was Scott Johnson, I toured with him on Keane. Great kid.MY good buddy MIke Prowda was RH's monitor engineer and I spoke with him on Sunday.It turns out the RH promotor told them they couldn't hang all the video from the trusses as it was above weight.RH then hired a structual engineer to check and give them an OK. This is unprecidented in modern rock touring!!!! The band actually hired a guy who signed off on the struture being ok for the show.This is RADIOHEADS own fault and they will be paying dearly for that. I would venture to say it may be the end of Radiohead for a while as this is a HUGE mistake on Managment and promotor alike that cost an innocent life.This is the 1st time we have lost one of our own (touring crew) on a collapsed stage.This is been happening alot lately with the Indiana state fair last year and Sugerland.lots of people died that day...I feel that things are going to change quickly in the next month or so regarding outdoor shows on pop up stages ....RIP Scott , you were a great drum tech and spot on with your comedy. Prayers go out to his family and friends.........please keep this here on this forum and don't spread this "inside" info as there will be lawsuits for sure !!!!thanks

Does seem like stages are collapsing all too often lately...:(

Bren and I send you (and his family) our condolences, Jamie.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Jamie, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost a friend that day. The Ministry of Labour here will find out everything and nail the responsible party/parties with the full force of the law, including criminal prosecution if warranted. My daughter is pretty broken up just knowing that something she helped build failed and killed somebody even though it may be some engineer's ultimate responsibility.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My thoughts go out to Scott and his family.

Jamie - I'm sorry that you lost a friend.

Dave - I'm glad that your daughter is safe, and I hope that she can get over this soon. That would be traumatic.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My morning today.

Take Niki for a walk. She finds a dead rabbit in the bushes, and I let her carry it home. All I can see on the way home is the head and the back feet. When we get home, she drops it in the front yard, and I see that the part that was in her mouth is covered in maggots. Ugggg. So, we leave it there, and I bring her in. When we go inside in the morning, I normally open the garage door only far enough for her to walk in and me to crouch in, which I did this morning. I went back outside to grab the rabbit, and was putting it in the bag as I walked back in. I also wear a cap in the morning, so my vision is a bit obscured above me due to the bill. Soooo...I'm walking back into the garage, forgot about the door being down a bit, and BAM - I cracked my head on the bottom on the door. That took me out of it for a few minutes. Even through the hat, it scraped my head a bit and removed about 10 hairs. To some of you, that's nothing. To me, that's a travesty. :( :D

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
anyone ever seen a bug that looks like a grasshopper mixed with a bee? i have... they live in some bushes i gotta rip out... im gonna have nightmares about them.....

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
anyone ever seen a bug that looks like a grasshopper mixed with a bee? i have... they live in some bushes i gotta rip out... im gonna have nightmares about them.....
Those are known as Grasslancers. Stay clear of them unless you want to get skewered. They are very ill willed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis