Status
Not open for further replies.
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
... And I could put a turbo in it.
In conclusion, DO WANT :D
At the risk of sounding like your father...again.:D
Not all cars are able to handle the extra HP and heat (in stock form) that a turbo adds.
Heads usually get '0' ringed, along with better head gaskets... There are many internal parts that have to be in known good condition, to make it a worth while mod.
It gets even worse on a car with a lot of mileage.

Enjoy the free car and maintain it for as long as you can, while saving for something you really want. This car can be a stepping stone to a job and making some money.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
At the risk of sounding like your father...again.:D
Not all cars are able to handle the extra HP and heat (in stock form) that a turbo adds.
Heads usually get '0' ringed, along with better head gaskets... There are many internal parts that have to be in known good condition, to make it a worth while mod.
It gets even worse on a car with a lot of mileage.

Enjoy the free car and maintain it for as long as you can, while saving for something you really want. This car can be a stepping stone to a job and making some money.
I should mention that my dad is a mechanic and he will probably tell me the same things youve said

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
+1

IIRC, many cars that are turbo-charged at the factory actually have lower compression ratios than their non-turbo counterparts, to compensate for the extra pressure from the turbo.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
+1

IIRC, many cars that are turbo-charged at the factory actually have lower compression ratios than their non-turbo counterparts, to compensate for the extra pressure from the turbo.
Mexican ones got the option for a turbo so it can be done without really harming the engine much I would assume

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
ok forget that.... ill put a sub in it. ill finally have a use for my car amp.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Why do banana milkshakes rock so hard ? I am not sure but I am almost certain they are amazing.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
In the last year my daughter drove it, I put 4 new tires on it, did the brakes and checked the suspension. I wanted to be sure she was safe driving around Toronto on the QEW and 400-series highways. The body has some bumps and bruises but the rockers are the only thing that need attention on the body. The only major issue with this car is that it needs a windshield for a safety check.

I think for the cost of a windshield and some time fiberglassing the rockers, this car has many years of service left in it but it's never going to be a pretty or fast.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
In the last year my daughter drove it, I put 4 new tires on it, did the brakes and checked the suspension. I wanted to be sure she was safe driving around Toronto on the QEW and 400-series highways. The body has some bumps and bruises but the rockers are the only thing that need attention on the body. The only major issue with this car is that it needs a windshield for a safety check.

I think for the cost of a windshield and some time fiberglassing the rockers, this car has many years of service left in it but it's never going to be a pretty or fast.
you think i would be able to come check it out tonight?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Carpets in, other floors are completed, cleaning is under way, walk in closet plans are complete, apartment is near habitable. Entertainment center is nowhere near complete.......what to do what to do.

Maybe I'll just have a banana milkshake and shake some kids, I am a substitute teacher after all.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
you think i would be able to come check it out tonight?
For the sake of our fellow forum members, I willemtion that Craig has been to see the car and we are waiting on parental permission before anything else.

Here's one I hope does not affect Jamie in any way. Last Saturday, the stage collapsed just before a Radiohead concert. One person was killed. My daughter worked on that show and was scheduled to be a truss light operator during the show, i.e. sitting in a truss above the stage in the section that collapsed.

It's terrible that a person died but also lucky that it didn't happen during the show, with a stage full of people, a full audience and my kid in the wreckage. It could have been much worse.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
For the sake of our fellow forum members, I willemtion that Craig has been to see the car and we are waiting on parental permission before anything else.

Here's one I hope does not affect Jamie in any way. Last Saturday, the stage collapsed just before a Radiohead concert. One person was killed. My daughter worked on that show and was scheduled to be a truss light operator during the show, i.e. sitting in a truss above the stage in the section that collapsed.

It's terrible that a person died but also lucky that it didn't happen during the show, with a stage full of people, a full audience and my kid in the wreckage. It could have been much worse.
I think Jamie mentioned that on facebook. I'm glad your daughter wasn't hurt. RIP to the person who died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis