Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
You want a car. I'll give you a car. Yes, serious.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

normally i wouldnt believe anyone on the internet who says something like that but im looking at a pair of speakers right now and i realise that they are pretty frickin nice and you gave them to me like you said you would. i would also suspect there to be a catch but again.. the speakers. im quite interested

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

normally i wouldnt believe anyone on the internet who says something like that but im looking at a pair of speakers right now and i realise that they are pretty frickin nice and you gave them to me like you said you would. i would also suspect there to be a catch but again.. the speakers. im quite interested
If he tries to give you candy I want you to run like you mean it. :D

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
For some reason I thought he was in / or on the border of Michigan.:eek:
Canada? What is he doing in Canada?
Is he there on purpose?:D
That program really drove up the price of the remaining used cars,
Wonder if it has an effect on our neighbors close to the borders?
1. yes canada
2. was born here. wanted to move to cali but its too hot here so yea...
3. well i dont really want to leave..
4. i am near the border of Michigan, but not in Michigan

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Offer to give Craig a car...no thanks.

Saying that the offer was cool...thanks.

Just sayin. :D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
If he tries to give you candy I want you to run like you mean it. :D
How could you say that after the Big Turks?

I bought my kid a minivan and took her old 97 Stratus. It aint pretty but it runs good. She would still be driving it around Toronto if she didn't need a minivan. I put it on Kijiji and got a bunch of lowballs from people that couldn't even be bothered to look at it so I cancelled the listing. We already have three cars so my wife wants this one gone.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You do know that a free car just gives him more cash for "plants," right? :rolleyes: :D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
You do know that a free car just gives him more cash for "plants," right? :rolleyes: :D
Insurance, gas maintenance...it hardly suggests having more disposable income. Besides, the world would be a friendlier place if more people enjoyed the herb.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I can't wait to get to the train so I can go back to sleep.
Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
1. yes canada
2. was born here. wanted to move to cali but its too hot here so yea...
3. well i dont really want to leave..
4. i am near the border of Michigan, but not in Michigan
I don't think I ever looked at your status up in the right corner.
(Location: Windsor, Ont)

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
How could you say that after the Big Turks?

I bought my kid a minivan and took her old 97 Stratus. It aint pretty but it runs good. She would still be driving it around Toronto if she didn't need a minivan. I put it on Kijiji and got a bunch of lowballs from people that couldn't even be bothered to look at it so I cancelled the listing. We already have three cars so my wife wants this one gone.
When you are talking about a free car, it's best to expect an ugly car, being a stratus though, there is hope... And I could put a turbo in it.
In conclusion, DO WANT :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think I ever looked at your status up in the right corner.
(Location: Windsor, Ont)
Now that is laaaaaaaaaazzzzy!

"I could see where this kid is from by swivelling my eyeballs ever so slightly...nah, not worth the bother...."

:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
When you are talking about a free car, it's best to expect an ugly car, being a stratus though, there is hope... And I could put a turbo in it. In conclusion, DO WANT :D
Or, an even better way to get rid of your money would be to tear it into tiny pieces and throw it into the river. Same result, just quicker.:D

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Or, an even better way to get rid of your money would be to tear it into tiny pieces and throw it into the river. Same result, just quicker.:D
Not really sure what you're saying but its a stratus. Even with a turbo it's still not gonna go very fast, it would still be 200hp less than my moms old car which is what I would call fast

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Not really sure what you're saying but its a stratus. Even with a turbo it's still not gonna go very fast, it would still be 200hp less than my moms old car which is what I would call fast
Craig, the car is 15 years old. Unless you also get the turbocharger for free, or dirt cheap, it just isn't worth it. I'm not saying that the Stratus is a bad car - but you need to consider the cost-benefit factor.

If you can get the turbo for free/really cheap and you just want to do it as a backyard tinkering project...well, maybe. First, you need to find out the condition of the car. Dave should be able to give you an idea. But, you need to give it a thorough going-over before you even think about slapping on speed parts. Do a compression check, see if it's consuming oil, etc. Check all the suspension bits and pieces. If it was old lady driven, i.e. Dave, and it's in great shape for it's age, then yeah, perhaps you can do some mods to it. But don't put too much money into it....

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Craig, the car is 15 years old. Unless you also get the turbocharger for free, or dirt cheap, it just isn't worth it. I'm not saying that the Stratus is a bad car - but you need to consider the cost-benefit factor.

If you can get the turbo for free/really cheap and you just want to do it as a backyard tinkering project...well, maybe. First, you need to find out the condition of the car. Dave should be able to give you an idea. But, you need to give it a thorough going-over before you even think about slapping on speed parts. Do a compression check, see if it's consuming oil, etc. Check all the suspension bits and pieces. If it was old lady driven, i.e. Dave, and it's in great shape for it's age, then yeah, perhaps you can do some mods to it. But don't put too much money into it....
Well I've been watching some videos on YouTube about how to a whole bunch of car mods dirt cheap. Given that it is free I figure that even if I pay a few hundred on some parts, I'm still getting a pretty nice deal. Dave says it runs good so I'm guessing that any problems would be body related which I can deal with, fixed up the body on my moms 97 intrepid when I was about 12 and it turned out great. But yea if it has some issues, then I guess I will have a project for the summer then :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Now that is laaaaaaaaaazzzzy!

"I could see where this kid is from by swivelling my eyeballs ever so slightly...nah, not worth the bother...."

:D
I think he just added his location late last night.:D:D
I agree with the lazy part though.;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Well I've been watching some videos on YouTube about how to a whole bunch of car mods dirt cheap. Given that it is free I figure that even if I pay a few hundred on some parts, I'm still getting a pretty nice deal. Dave says it runs good so I'm guessing that any problems would be body related which I can deal with, fixed up the body on my moms 97 intrepid when I was about 12 and it turned out great. But yea if it has some issues, then I guess I will have a project for the summer then :)
Just remember that adding that extra compression to an old motor could cause it to go belly up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis