Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ice & water shield will work well on that. I've seen some that have a layer of car under coating.
Good luck and be careful out there.
I think Peel & Seal is better and it comes in smaller more manageable rolls.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Jamie! Great to see you posting! Is this just a fleeting stopover, or are you gonna stick around?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One of the smoke detectors went off this morning for about five or ten seconds. I'm guessing that a bug crawled into it, as there was no smoke anywhere. Niki is still scared. :( I think it's time to disconnect those things. I'm always concerned that one will start beeping because of a battery, which also scares her.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think it's time to disconnect those things. I'm always concerned that one will start beeping because of a battery, which also scares her.
I wouldn't do that. You wouldn't want her harmed due to a lack of a smoke detector.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't do that. You wouldn't want her harmed due to a lack of a smoke detector.
I think that the sound possibly puts her in more danger. She didn't want to go outside as it was going off, probably because she was scared and wanted to stay in her "den." So, if it won't make her leave, but instead makes her stay, then I don't want them.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Jamie! Great to see you posting! Is this just a fleeting stopover, or are you gonna stick around?
No just stopped by to see how many trolls were here, turns out there is quite a few.Hence the reason to look at audio spam somewhere else for me at least

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
No just stopped by to see how many trolls were here, turns out there is quite a few.Hence the reason to look at audio spam somewhere else for me at least
Trolls? Here?? You mean there are others besides Adam and Alex?? :eek::confused:

ps: WB Jamie - don't be so negative, user's who's username starts with Br is a passing stage - he ether will get bored soon or get da boot (I hope the later)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think that the sound possibly puts her in more danger. She didn't want to go outside as it was going off, probably because she was scared and wanted to stay in her "den." So, if it won't make her leave, but instead makes her stay, then I don't want them.
The smoke detectors are for your safety. I'm pretty sure smoke and fire would drive any animal away. It seems like you're saying that you'd rather risk your safety than scare your dog. Do you get how crazy that sounds? :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The smoke detectors are for your safety. I'm pretty sure smoke and fire would drive any animal away. It seems like you're saying that you'd rather risk your safety than scare your dog. Do you get how crazy that sounds? :D
Being an animal myself, I'm pretty sure smoke and fire would drive me away, too. :D I don't need a disorientingly loud noise to make me wonder wtf is going on. I seriously doubt that I'd sleep through a fire with Niki here, as she'd almost surely be all over me. These detectors have gone off a few times, and it never has anything to do with smoke. Low battery - check. Something like dust or a bug on the sensor - check. Actual smoke - nope.

I appreciate the concern. I'm a risk-averse person, though, so I don't do something like this without having thought it through. To me, the added risk (if any) is low enough to be outweighed by the benefits.

majorloser

majorloser

Hey, some of us have a life. :mad:

There's not enough of us to keep up with the trash.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Hey, some of us have a life. :mad:

There's not enough of us to keep up with the trash.
Funny how it never stops,oh well I kind of tired of trying to help people who already know everything :eek:..........miss the good guys here though (you know who you is )

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Funny how it never stops,oh well I kind of tired of trying to help people who already know everything :eek:..........miss the good guys here though (you know who you is )
Sometimes you just gotta let it roll off your back. Like Alex on Saturday night.

:p :D

Nttawwt...

J

jamie2112

Banned
Sometimes you just gotta let it roll off your back. Like Alex on Saturday night.

:p :D

Nttawwt...
Oh there is something wrong with that alright ..........:eek: He told me he hates that cause his shirts stick to his back afterwards .......eeeewwwwwwww(little girl scream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis