Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been sick so I have not been around much.
I hope you're not the cause of the next wave of disease. I recently saw some bug sweep through our area that had people sh!tting and puking like there was no tomorrow. Just to be on the safe side I want to place a travel ban on New York.

New Yorkers, consider this your notice to stay the f^%& home for 2 weeks. :p

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I appreciate the sympathy.:rolleyes:

I think I have the flu. I thought I kicked just after my visit to NYC then when I got home round two set in. Chills, no energy, and coughing so hard I thought my head was going to explode. I hardly remember the weekend. We had plans for Friday night and Sat night so I rallied because we had no kid and could act like adults. I don't think it did me any good. :(

majorloser

majorloser

Wasn't this from last year?
Yeah that picture was last winter. We get leaks everytime the temperature drops. That was the only time I was able to get the light blue pool of LOX in the picture. Usually the white cloud obscures the view and the cold fogs a camera really quick.

Next time we geta delivery or if we're venting I'll try and get a good shot of a blue pool. It's the same color as blue topaz.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah that picture was last winter. We get leaks everytime the temperature drops. That was the only time I was able to get the light blue pool of LOX in the picture. Usually the white cloud obscures the view and the cold fogs a camera really quick.

Next time we geta delivery or if we're venting I'll try and get a good shot of a blue pool. It's the same color as blue topaz.
When I was still in research, we used to get a tanker truck of liquid nitrogen every day. Each time one of our mad scientists would transfer it from the main tank to their lab tank, it would leak. One day I was on the phone when my feet started to feel really cold. I looked down and the fog was up to my knees. The whole hallway had this eerie cloud floating in it. I kept my door shut after that.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Didn't you guys learn anything from the Challenger? Change your O-rings!;)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I've been sick so I have not been around much. Did you enjoy The Masters? What days did you go? I played on Sat. but really felt like $hit so I played that way as well.:rolleyes:
Yes, The Masters was beyond awesome. We went to Wednesday's practice round and par 3 tourney- Until the rain came. I could write a book on my thoughts about the experience. Its one of the few things that truly exceeds inflated expectations and its cool to me that the venue is bigger than the players.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I signed up for a class on Doors and Hardware. You better believe it's boring. Now I'm sort of obligated to go because ditching the class would be counter productive to general sucking up and brown nosing. It's held in Boston across 10 evenings. What was I thinking? :(

Upon completion you get a book full of information I'm probably trying to forget. :rolleyes:

This Sat. will be the beginning of 5 Saturdays of OSHA classes for an OSHA 30 (as in 30 hours) course. Did I already post this mind numbingly boring stuff before? If so this second helping of boredom is free of charge. :p

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I signed up for a class on Doors and Hardware. You better believe it's boring. Now I'm sort of obligated to go because ditching the class would be counter productive to general sucking up and brown nosing. It's held in Boston across 10 evenings. What was I thinking? :(

Upon completion you get a book full of information I'm probably trying to forget. :rolleyes:

This Sat. will be the beginning of 5 Saturdays of OSHA classes for an OSHA 30 (as in 30 hours) course. Did I already post this mind numbingly boring stuff before? If so this second helping of boredom is free of charge. :p
What is there about doors and hardware that could possibly take 10 evenings?:confused: I've hung a few doors in the last few years. I just don't know what they would cover that could possibly take that much time.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
What is there about doors and hardware that could possibly take 10 evenings?:confused: I've hung a few doors in the last few years. I just don't know what they would cover that could possibly take that much time.
The best beer to drink during installation as well as the best beer to drink after the job is done. How to hold the bottle/can. How to burp the loudest. How to pee for accuracy.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Closers with door stop and hold open devices, panic devices with varying trim and functions, mortising jigs for lock sets and hinges, door coordinators, knockdown and welded frames, changing the swing on metal frames, boring jigs for various backsets, fitting doors into existing frames and beveling using an electric planer, installing a henway ... that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

What's the difference between a left had door and a right hand reverse Mr. Door Expert? :D

Go ahead, Google it.

The class allows people to practice doing all that stuff so
that when they get to a job, it won't be their first time. ;)

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

Didn't you guys learn anything from the Challenger? Change your O-rings!;)
But they cost money! Don't have enough in the current budget.
We had a choice, buy more o-rings or pay for "corporate travel" to Las Vegas. :D

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
so i have quite an interesting story here today. first of all the guy is probably gonna be ok. hes conscious right now so im guessing he'll be fne.

So I've posted in this thread before about my "psycho, sociopolitical, bipolar, etc." ex girlfriend and her boyfriend (they broke up now). anyways ive been talking to her again lately and last night she slept over at his house because they are still friends (not sure how long its gonna last after this) and around 7am when i was getting ready for school she told him that she would never date him again. he then thought that taking a handful of pills would solve his problem. As I'm sure you can guess it only caused more problems. i was in a position like his back in august but it only involved a visit from some VERY rude cops. not sure why im sharing this here. i found it funny that he thought it would fix his problems though. im sure that sounds really cold and maybe it is but stupidity has been quite amusing to me lately. and hes fine so im not laughing about someone dying.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Closers with door stop and hold open devices, panic devices with varying trim and functions, mortising jigs for lock sets and hinges, door coordinators, knockdown and welded frames, changing the swing on metal frames, boring jigs for various backsets, fitting doors into existing frames and beveling using an electric planer, installing a henway ... that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

What's the difference between a left had door and a right hand reverse Mr. Door Expert? :D

Go ahead, Google it.

Ok, someone has to say it.... What's a henway?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

Go ahead, Google it.

You don't really expect us to ask you, "what's a henway?" do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis