Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Is it being treated? I had one many years ago on the bottom of my foot. I had liquid nitrogen treatments which got rid of it in a few weeks.
i have this acid stuff i put on it... i dont really wanna try liquid nitrogen but i think i might have to soon because its getting hard to walk now

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
ive been messing with google docs for about 5 hours now and i still cant figure out how to get a spreadsheet into an html table to post on a minecraft forum :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Still doing laundry, first beer cracked open, looking at taxes.

Taxes. I don't mind paying taxes, but I wish that I didn't have to have a degree in tax law to know if I was doing it right. I never fill out any deductions other than the usual itemized ones because I can't figure the s**t out. I might be eligible for a deduction that I haven't taken before, but heck if I know for sure. Yeah, I'd rather just pay too much now and avoid getting screwed during an audit...let's face it, those fines aren't ribbed for my pleasure. :eek:

Okay, before you H&R Block employees start posting (although, I wouldn't mind that), I am going to read about that deduction in depth. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I thanked you just to be the 5000th. :D

Do you not have Netflix streaming hooked up to your big TV and sound system? If not, then you owe it to yourself to do that. Bill Burr complaining about chain stores deserves the main system. :D Okay, I guess that I rewatched him on my computer this morning....
I had NF steaming when it came with the package but when they decided to split the services and raise prices I dropped steaming. No big loss really but I was able to use my laptop to put it on the big screen. I only had TV speakers though because I had not done the additional wiring for the audio. The picture was never that great and the content wasn't exactly the latest and the greatest either so I didn't much care. But that's over now.

I watched that Bill Burr one you linked a long time ago that starts with him hating on Oprah and finishes off with 'What are you, some kind of fag?'. I don't need to watch YouTube on the big screen. Maybe I'm just getting old but my list of 'not worth the effort' is growing at Newtonian speeds. BTW, physics is on that list too. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Like I've said before, I've been really impressed by Netflix streaming over the past year or so. It really has come a long way, if you've got the bandwidth. On PS3 (and now, other platforms), you can get HD and 5.1 surround on a number of shows - not all, but some. I think that the HD looks really good. On your PC, you can force it to buffer to the higher bitrates if your internet is slower.

Amazon Video on Demand has gotten better, too. They have HD and 5.1 on some shows now, too.

Hulu Plus looks really good, too, but I think they max out at 720p and stereo.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It didn't take me that long to go through the content I was interested in from the NF steaming line up. Picture quality was never the issue. Content is what I found lacking. I just looked at their front page for steaming and didn't see anything that caught my eye. I think I'm better off keeping that 10 bucks and that time.

When RB first got here I didn't like it because there weren't that many around and it was prone to line ups. That's changed and new movies are what I like best so it's a good fit for me now. NF was choking me out so I put them on hold for 3 months. If that happens again (and it will) I'll cancel them.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I was almost inspired enough to make homemade pizza for lunch. Almost. I think that I'll go to the store and pick up some chicken breasts and a loaf of bread, instead. Probably better for Niki and I, anyway.
I made pizza on Saturday. I made the dough in my bread maker and it turned out quite nicely. The key ingredient for a great pizza is pepperoni from these guys:

Chris Brothers Meats and Deli Official Website

It is the best.:)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
i have this acid stuff i put on it... i dont really wanna try liquid nitrogen but i think i might have to soon because its getting hard to walk now
You won't be picking up liquid nitrogen at the drug store, buddy. You'll have to go to a clinic for those treatments. They put a drop of the liquid nitrogen on the wart, which freeze-dries the outer part. Then they cut out the frozen part. It'll probably take a few treatments before it's completely gone. It's not that painful - from what I remember. But, that was almost 30 years ago...

majorloser

majorloser

My way is quicker and easier.

I just stick his foot under the tank blow off port and open the valve. After a couple seconds when the foot is frozen solid we can hit it with a hammer. It shatters quite easily at that point.

No more warts to worry about. :D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
We got it about twoyears ago abnd dropped it about a year ago and renewed it about a month ago to see what was new. Hey, $8/month for unlimited movies? What's not to like?

Maybe the selection? I cn't recall much new in thet intervening year.

We dropped streaming Netflix within a month simply because they didn't hav anything that interested us.

We did join Amazon Prime, not so much for movies but Mrs W buys lotsa junk there and the free shipping will pay for the $6/month charge. The $4/$5 movies are a bonus.

Also, Vudu, an offshoot of Wal-Mart had a no joining fee, no monthly subscriotion charge service that rents recently released HD movies and stuff in (supposedly) 1080 HD quaity for $4/movies with 5.1 sound. With no fees, that's a no-brainer. Give it a try.

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Desert Eagle - what I call a big paper plane :D

This is a BIG paper airplane :p

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Back in Missouri. Whatever.
I've been sick so I have not been around much. Did you enjoy The Masters? What days did you go? I played on Sat. but really felt like $hit so I played that way as well.:rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
My way is quicker and easier.

I just stick his foot under the tank blow off port and open the valve. After a couple seconds when the foot is frozen solid we can hit it with a hammer. It shatters quite easily at that point.

No more warts to worry about. :D
You're the doctor...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis