Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, time to go to the grocery store and get some salad for me and some ham for Niki. Okay, okay...I'll eat some ham, too.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It does seem counter intuitive as first. It did to me, because I had just bought a case of those ultra super filters.:D
The example I was given used those blue fiberglass filters; the openings are fairly large compared to the pleated paper. As the blue filters start to clog they begin to funnel the air & dust toward the larger openings. A bit like a venturi effect. They start to pass the dust that's already trapped in them. It was suggested to change them more frequently. I never liked the fiberglass filters, and used the least restrictive paper.
It turned out that two years ago when I replaced my furnace it came with it's own cleanable filter, it looks like a fine window screen.
Edit: Forgot about the Multistage filters.
They are better, but nobody wants to pay for them.
Unless the plans call for them, an HVAC guy would loose every bid.
I would need an illustration to understand what you mean, Rick. :eek:

As the blue filters start to clog they begin to funnel the air & dust toward the larger openings. A bit like a venturi effect.
OK. This blue filter - is it a coarse filter? And, does it have different size openings? Finally, funneling the dirt towards the larger openings does what...?:confused:

I don't use multi-stage filters either.;) Mine are somewhere in the middle range of efficiency.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
In which world is it that you go to the shop and ask for donuts to get beer? :p
Pennsylvania :D

Any time you ask for anything there they give you beer.

How else would you explain Doug's condition of always having one in his hand?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Oh, I thought about Poland, in Krakow.... whatever you ask them, they say: yes yes.... even if they mean no

If you ask for napkins they bring you one napkin....
Obvious reply to this would be, this is not napkins, this is napkin

Think they would easily fall into the category described above :confused:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

It did take me awhile to get used to it here. Coming from NY, people here are so much nicer.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, I thought about Poland, in Krakow.... whatever you ask them, they say: yes yes.... even if they mean no

If you ask for napkins they bring you one napkin....
Obvious reply to this would be, this is not napkins, this is napkin

Think they would easily fall into the category described above :confused:
Now that is weird.:eek:
In Poland, the word, "Napkin" means beer.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Roger Waters sings on "It's a Miracle"..... they had sex in Pennsylvania :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

I used to be jealous until I realized that poor Doug probably hasn't had a donut in years.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

Fastnacht's and a Yuengling!

Harold's got poor eyesight... I wanted him to be able to see the picture...:rolleyes::D

It did take me awhile to get used to it here. Coming from NY, people here are so much nicer.

They tried to make us sound nice...:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I thanked you because I thought that the large picture was funny...just don't do it again. :mad: :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm still a bit jittery after the Vine frenzy. The best description that I've read of it is that it's like being at Walmart when the doors open on Black Friday. I'm just so slow, but sometimes even this squirrel finds a nut.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm still a bit jittery after the Vine frenzy. The best description that I've read of it is that it's like being at Walmart when the doors open on Black Friday. I'm just so slow, but sometimes even this squirrel finds a nut.
When did you become a squirrel? I am very jittery for some reason. I hate working so close to Christmas. I should be sawing.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I thanked you because I thought that the large picture was funny...just don't do it again. :mad: :D
This real nice guy on AH taught me how to block that obnoxious sh!t posted by other real nice guys whose forum etiquette has gone to sh!t because their brains are effectively pickled from booze but I don't judge because they live in a place where every word ever spoken sounds like

BEER !!!

so who can blame these drunken sots as they post that irritating sh!t from one end of the internet to the other like they were Europeans who really don't give a sh!t how sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying that kind of ignorant sh!t really is. :D

... whoops, that slipped out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis