Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's sad that pirates has made Volvo Ocean Race into this.........
Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Stealth Zone information

As part of the anti-piracy measures introduced for Leg 2 from Cape Town to Abu Dhabi and Leg 3 to Sanya, China the boats will enter a ‘Stealth Zone’ on their way to the secret safe haven port.

Race organisers have introduced a series of security measures because of the threat of pirates operating in a vast area off the coast of Somalia.

The boats are currently heading towards a safe haven port, where they will be loaded onto a ship for transportation through the worst affected waters and on to a point off the Sharjah coast, where they will resume racing to Abu Dhabi.

For reasons of security, the identity of the loading port is not being disclosed, which is why the Stealth Zone has been implemented.

While the fleet is in the Stealth Zone, race fans will still be able to follow the teams’ progress relative to each other via the official website race tracker, although individual boats’ headings will be distorted and the weather layer will be disabled.

Media Crew Members will send back multimedia content as normal and the race editorial team will continue to post stories on the website every day.

The race App will not display any information other than the ranking while the boats are in the Stealth Zone in the first stage of Leg 2 and the second stage of Leg 3 but will function normally for the sprint sections in and out of Abu Dhabi.
Damn these pirates, getting free movies from internet !!! Oh wait, are we talking about actual pirates? :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
UPS just showed up and delivered one of the two packages that were "out for delivery" this morning.

Luckily, I got the new knife as opposed to the air filters.
Filters just arrived.

I know you guys appreciate the updates. :)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'll be up for a bit.. Lets do this thang... Lets see 20000.

BTW.. its officially 12/18 on the East Coast. Tomorrow, I begin the last year of my twenties. Thats exciting and depressing.
Hey, Adam... I just wanted to point out that you made the mistake... I was seriously wondering if I said I was going to be thirty.. You mis-remembered... na-na-na-na-boo-boo... :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki is snoozing pretty soundly. She's been really hungry the past couple of days, which I don't really understand because she's clearly not wasting away. So, I gave her a bunch extra tonight, and she's sleeping it off.

Well, until 5 or 6am when she decides that it's time for both of us to get up.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
From giving up dairy?
No, that was how I read what I quoted on first glace.
It made the post kind of interesting really.

I understood that the top of the line 3M filters to be too restrictive to air flow.
I stepped mine down to 1000 microparticle rating from their top performer.
It's cheaper and allows better airflow for improved cooling.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It made the post kind of interesting really.
That's not allowed here.

I understood that the top of the line 3M filters to be too restrictive to air flow.
That makes a lot of sense. I haven't heard my blower struggling, so I've been using the 1500 or 1900 rated ones. I started with either 1000 or 1200, something like that. They keep upping them, though, and they're going to run out of names. "Ultra" was the tops at 1500, but then they got better and called the new 1900 ones "Ultimate." Now, it's "Elite" at 2200. I'm waiting for the 2500 rated "The Shizzle" filters.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
That makes a lot of sense. I haven't heard my blower struggling, so I've been using the 1500 or 1900 rated ones. I started with either 1000 or 1200, something like that. They keep upping them, though, and they're going to run out of names. "Ultra" was the tops at 1500, but then they got better and called the new 1900 ones "Ultimate." Now, it's "Elite" at 2200. I'm waiting for the 2500 rated "The Shizzle" filters.
Wow. I'm really missing out. :rolleyes:

I feel like these are the things I should be focused on now that I'm older...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, man, grow up. Be responsible.

Or just go to Mexican restaurants and party on your b-day, work late, nail some slumpbusters, step up to some real hotties, find the one for you, get married, have kids...and then give a s**t about filters.

Either path is fine, really...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow. I'm really missing out. :rolleyes:

I'm going to let you in on a secret that you are probably already starting to suspect ... we have all been 29 the same way that you have been 12. The one thing you know about the 12 year old we know about you ... you're not going to stay 12. Man, I want some cake! I forgot what I was trying to say because there's this cake in the fridge and there's milk in there. The walk I took? It was to get the milk that I wasn't going to drink with the cake that I'm not going to eat. This just can't be what my life is about ... a series of don'ts. Don'ts isn't even a word! :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just eat the cake, you whiney b***h. :D

Seriously, man. Try to eat healthy, get exercise, don't do too much to excess...that's all good. But you know what's going to kill you early? Stressing out about eating a piece of cake.

I'm not really sure which smiley to put after that.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not really sure which smiley to put after that.
The one that weighs twice as much as you do.

I am not eating the cake, mister 2 veggie corn dogs.
I had a banana and some walnuts ... and some water.
Boy was that good. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis