Alex takes delivery

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
My self-diagnosis was apparently in error. I went to the clinic this morning - turns out I have pneumonia!:eek::mad: I'm taking antibiotics and I'll be home at least a couple more days. The girls are out, so I'm just about to put on I, Robot (never saw it before). Too bad I can't crank the volume - it makes my head hurt.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Alex. Hope you're feeling better.
Bummer hope you feel better. Technically it is my thread you are hijacking so no bigee. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Did I, Robot make your head hurt any worse?:D

The monkey working is making this thread develop slowly.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The monkey working is making this thread develop slowly.
If the monkey wasn't working there would be no thread.

GN!, just because you have a supply of antibiotics doesn't mean you can go shagging Cape Brenton girls. It's still wrong. I seem to be recovering without the benefit of meds ... and I didn't have any NyQuil so that ship sailed. :(

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If the monkey wasn't working there would be no thread.

GN!, just because you have a supply of antibiotics doesn't mean you can go shagging Cape Brenton girls. It's still wrong. I seem to be recovering without the benefit of meds ... and I didn't have any NyQuil so that ship sailed. :(
Cape Breton girls are the best! :D They have no inhibitions! On the other hand, you are just as likely to end up in a fist fight with a Cape Breton girl, as with a Cape Breton guy...:eek:

Anyway, those days are behind me. :( My wife (50% Cape Bretoner) would have issues with that...

Oh, and thanks for your get well wishes....:rolleyes:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, and thanks for your get well wishes....:rolleyes:
Ahhh ... being ill makes you extra sensitive. I just had trouble working in the get well soon into a post about catching a venereal disease. I do hope you get well. Having a temperature sucks extra hard when you can't breathe.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Ahhh ... being ill makes you extra sensitive. I just had trouble working in the get well soon into a post about catching a venereal disease. I do hope you get well. Having a temperature sucks extra hard when you can't breathe.
Uh-oh! If pneumonia is an STD, I hope the wife doesn't know it!:eek::D

And, no I'm not sensitive - I was just giving you a dig, that's all. Honest. No, I'm not crying - I got dust in my eye...sniff....

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Now I am thinking about closing this thread for mindless degeneracy:D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
XPA-3 showed up yesterday afternoon. My Onkyo is still in the shop but I broke out my two-channel preamp and did a little listening. First impressions are that it is sonically an improvement over the receiver alone. I did not do a side by side comparison obviously, but I am hearing qualities that the receiver does not produce. Sheer dynamics is the most noticeable thing. Things like cymbal crashes just seem effortless and sound more live. I also heard some little nuances in a few songs I was not hearing before. My wife also asked why was I sitting there listing to music with a big old grin like the cheshire cat:D

Build quality is very good and the amp looks better in person than on their site. Thing is heavy too. As good as todays receivers are there is something to be said for a well designed and powerful separate amp. I am convinced.

Pics to come this week:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
As good as todays receivers are there is something to be said for a well designed and powerful separate amp.
Walter just started crying. :D

The 2600 sits on the floor ... not even the power cord is plugged in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis