Alex takes delivery

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Two words for you, buddy, and they aren't "happy birthday." :D
My bad ... did I hit a nerve? :D

I digress to the first picture.....how did you end up so clean after a hard day of work?
I keep a clean tee shirt in my cooler. Washing up a little and a cool clean
shirt mean that I don't have to smell my itchy self all the way home.

Now to this picture....I don't blame you for not wearing the Hawaiian Lei and the flip flops.
What happened to the manly Teva sandals?
That lei was itchy so I ditched it. The Teva's came later.
You're the only one who understands about how comfy those are.
Trying to explain that to other people leaves them a weird combination of bored and irritated.

there is a dessert table behind the cameraman.;) Notice the pervy grin on his face...
Not this time but that is an excellent guess. The person taking the pic (it's either my friend or his wife - I can't quite remember) are really nice people and I'm always happy to see them. I put on a quick grin to keep their camera from breaking. ;)

Jeff and I grabbed some lunch at The Cheese Cake Factory. Now that I have taken a couple of naps today I think I'm going to take Cheryl out to the one in Providence for the exact same meal. It was that good. The only difference is that this time I am going to eat half of Cheryl's. Jeff didn't look like he wanted to share any of his so I didn't even bother asking.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats on the new AVR. It looks on paper like a good one. Remind me what it will replace?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats on the new AVR. It looks on paper like a good one. Remind me what it will replace?
In Mantown the 2.2 stereo rig is powered up by an aging H/K AVR 430 that looses it's settings and goes to factory defaults every time the power goes out. I keep it plugged into a UPS to minimize the hassle and I use a much older Pioneer SX-650 for it's phono stage. The SX-650's tape out go to the H/K 430 for bass management and amplification.

The new (for me) Yamaha RX-2600 has a phono stage so I can replace those two rec'rs with this one. Jeff was telling me about it's auto parametric EQ thing. I guess I might yank the Technics SH-9010 also. It'll replace like 3 components then. I'm back to reading another manual front to back yet again. :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Trying to explain that to other people leaves them a weird combination of bored and irritated.
Hahaha! :D

I'm back to reading another manual front to back yet again. :rolleyes:
Let me know if you want some help. I'm bored. :)

That sounds like a really nice upgrade for you, man. Good stuff. Auto eq'ing totally changed my system for the better.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Jeff, is that your first vehicle with the keypad for entry? My Fusion was the first for me - I love it!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
In Mantown the 2.2 stereo rig is powered up by an aging H/K AVR 430 that looses it's settings and goes to factory defaults every time the power goes out. I keep it plugged into a UPS to minimize the hassle and I use a much older Pioneer SX-650 for it's phono stage. The SX-650's tape out go to the H/K 430 for bass management and amplification.

The new (for me) Yamaha RX-2600 has a phono stage so I can replace those two rec'rs with this one. Jeff was telling me about it's auto parametric EQ thing. I guess I might yank the Technics SH-9010 also. It'll replace like 3 components then. I'm back to reading another manual front to back yet again. :rolleyes:
Sounds good.

At least that manual is a Yamaha manual. The one I once saw was written in real English and was actually understandable.

When I first went from a 70's era stereo to a modern AVR, I had to struggle with a Denon manual. It took me over a month before I got the basic stuff. I think it was written in Japanese by an engineer who could barely speak any language, and then shipped off to Singapore for translation by some guy who took night courses at the Big Man's School of Business English.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Jeff, is that your first vehicle with the keypad for entry? My Fusion was the first for me - I love it!
Yes it is but I don't find myself using it that much. Comes in handy when you are outside and want to get something and don't have to run back into the house and get your keys though. I am loving the sync stuff though. Very cool.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I forgot to mention earlier - it's great to see that someone else keeps their gear in mint condition and packs it back up just like new. Kudos, Jeff! Although, the bent corner on the owner's manual is just unacceptable. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Let me know if you want some help.
That's what I'm here for.
My entire AH experience has been like a self improvement program for the techno-illiterate.
Thanks.

So this thread isn't about childbirth?
... not yet. :D

I had to struggle with a Denon manual.
I read the manual for my first Denon DVD player ... it was tough.
My second Denon DVD players manual went right into a file ... unread.
I know when I've been beat.

... the bent corner on the owner's manual is just unacceptable. :D
You think I should ask for a partial refund? :D

I don't think I'm going to be able to wait until next weekend hook this up because my H/K seems to be acting up ... but I just bought a Rubik's Cube. Little by little I'm a gonna gitterdun. :rolleyes:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think I'm going to be able to wait until next weekend hook this up because my H/K seems to be acting up ... but I just bought a Rubik's Cube. Little by little I'm a gonna gitterdun. :rolleyes:
Neither can I !
Skip the nap and do a little at a time, and keep us posted.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Skip the nap and do a little at a time, and keep us posted.:D
Okay ... here it is. I moved a couple of pieces around and then put 'em right back to get my feet wet but once I completely scramble it it could be a while before I get it right. :D

I got some stuff to get done in preparation for the upcoming work week but hopefully a later this afternoon I'll get to the rec'r.

NOTE: Check out my sig for some TLS gold. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like you might not have enough inputs on the back...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
LOL nope! I was driving our new ride. Have to say I am digging the Microsoft Sync thing.It's pretty cool!

Hmm, I had you pegged for a "Renault" kinda guy. Boy, did I ever get that wrong...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
How was the drive home? It took me 2 hours for what had up until then been a 1 hour drive.
I knew that was gonna happen but I spent most of that time grinning about the 2600.

I know that Doug and Adam have outgrown their hair and wonder if GO-NAD! is also sporting
that sheen of reduced wind resistance. I just knew that pic was going to result in some form
of hair fashionista abuse but in my defense I had just finished out a work day that started at
3:30 AM and Jeff showed up just as I was packing up my tools.
It didn't leave a lot of time for primping.

On a related note, see that line of hair in this pic?
That's where your forehead is suppose to end. :p

Full disclosure:

My forehead hairline is pretty respectable, but I have a slowly expanding monkey's bum. :( ;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats guys! Enjoy those upgrades.

Hey Alex,

I have the RX-V2500. That 2600 should be top notch. Let us know what you think of it when it's up and running. Is that a Primus in the background? Another good choice. I must ask though. Maybe this has been covered, sinse no one else has asked, but WTF is up with the rubix cube? Is that like the 'are you a turtle' gig?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis