T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
More curious how you assign some sort of financial acumen to this guy who doesn't have much of that going on....his talents are the other direction.. He does like to take credit for things he had little to do with, tho. As to the republicans staying with this guy, it's pretty sad to see such support still for a major loser/criminal/traitor like drumphy,
Saying Trump isn’t financially intelligent is not really accurate although there are much more savvy businessmen. He leveraged bankruptcy and other laws to increase his wealth while duping huge financial institutions to continue funding his empire and screwing many of them as well. Is it a scummy way to do it, absolutely but it’s worked and in light of everything he continues to do so. May not be what you or I like or consider moral but he makes it work which shows intelligence.

As to taking credit for things he had little to do with, welcome to politics and big business. That’s a big net that would catch a lot of fish, Trump just happens to be in the spotlight.

Trump did make the economy feel better for the working class but did so by increasing the national debt more than any of his predecessors. Sadly Biden has continued this but put the money into big business/stock market and social welfare programs and government handouts. Luckily the US economy is big enough that we can continue to rebalance the checkbook for quite awhile but this will end eventually and the rate we are increasing the national debt we are speeding up the process rapidly. Also BRICS could hasten this especially if they manage to get away from petrodollars. America continuing to half ass support our allies the hang them out to dry isn’t helping us and we could be in for a global political shift and it could happen quickly. I’m not personally a fan of America playing global cop but if we do involve ourselves in foreign countries affairs we need to see it through because in the long run we’re hurting ourselves more than anyone else… speaking of which I don’t think we’d have as many geopolitical issues under a Trump administration, Ukraine, Taiwan to be specific and I think he would have given much more concrete support to Israel concerning Palestine.

I know you think I’m a Trump supporter and on many issues I am but I am an issues guy. What I have against the Democrats more so and Republicans to a lesser degree is placating the base while ignoring the real issues facing our nation and world. There’s a lot of really big things going on right now and people’s preferred pronouns (just an example , there are many more) are just a political smokescreen that’s hits people’s emotions so that they can’t see beyond themselves to the bigger picture.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Let me add, like it or not the Ynited States pretty much runs the world. Obviously this won’t always be the case and when this changes it will be more than hard on a lot of Americans. I don’t look forward to that day but it’s coming and likely in in our lifetime. I don’t know how that will play out, but I personally hope it will at the very least be internal and we will pull away from global politics while we solve our own problems. I think we will retain the ability to project global power, but we will choose to pull in Rather than project. Anyway, you slice it this is going to be hard on the average American. . I do not foresee things getting easier easier but exponentially harder. I only hope that we can preserve the Republic.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I do love the ideas of what of what the Founders wrote, and what Federalist Papers said. Have we executed well, no, absolutely not!! But the ideals of what we could be is something no other country could ever imagine. We need both sides of the political spectrum, honest dialogue, it’s what makes us great, and we are greeted. Not perfect, not even far from it, but the ideals of what we try to achieve is greatness.its an amazing experiment, not perfect but amazing ell the while

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
What I have against the Democrats more so and Republicans to a lesser degree is placating the base while ignoring the real issues facing our nation and world. There’s a lot of really big things going on right now and people’s preferred pronouns (just an example , there are many more) are just a political smokescreen that’s hits people’s emotions so that they can’t see beyond themselves to the bigger picture.
Not really sure Democrats are more at fault. It's the Republicans' fault if they choose not to talk about the issues. Nor from what I can see is there much of a "market" for conservative journalism (ie the "real" things Democrats do wrong Republicans report on). Sure Fox is ok, but the WSJ is tucked away behind a paywall.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
MTG's message on the upside down flag probably was for Trump's verdict (or Biden's term), but I like the angle of her and the many cartoon characters in the GOP that are on tv.
1717196117338.png

Well I guess that's better than LOL.....
1717197334084.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Saying Trump isn’t financially intelligent is not really accurate although there are much more savvy businessmen. He leveraged bankruptcy and other laws to increase his wealth while duping huge financial institutions to continue funding his empire and screwing many of them as well. Is it a scummy way to do it, absolutely but it’s worked and in light of everything he continues to do so. May not be what you or I like or consider moral but he makes it work which shows intelligence.

As to taking credit for things he had little to do with, welcome to politics and big business. That’s a big net that would catch a lot of fish, Trump just happens to be in the spotlight.

Trump did make the economy feel better for the working class but did so by increasing the national debt more than any of his predecessors. Sadly Biden has continued this but put the money into big business/stock market and social welfare programs and government handouts. Luckily the US economy is big enough that we can continue to rebalance the checkbook for quite awhile but this will end eventually and the rate we are increasing the national debt we are speeding up the process rapidly. Also BRICS could hasten this especially if they manage to get away from petrodollars. America continuing to half ass support our allies the hang them out to dry isn’t helping us and we could be in for a global political shift and it could happen quickly. I’m not personally a fan of America playing global cop but if we do involve ourselves in foreign countries affairs we need to see it through because in the long run we’re hurting ourselves more than anyone else… speaking of which I don’t think we’d have as many geopolitical issues under a Trump administration, Ukraine, Taiwan to be specific and I think he would have given much more concrete support to Israel concerning Palestine.

I know you think I’m a Trump supporter and on many issues I am but I am an issues guy. What I have against the Democrats more so and Republicans to a lesser degree is placating the base while ignoring the real issues facing our nation and world. There’s a lot of really big things going on right now and people’s preferred pronouns (just an example , there are many more) are just a political smokescreen that’s hits people’s emotions so that they can’t see beyond themselves to the bigger picture.
No, I'd say drumph is just scummy rather than intelligent in financial matters. He talks more about how he increased his wealth than his own efforts did, he inherited a huge chunk and real estate values climbed....there are other NY real estate folk who started with less and made more. He's kind of a dummy, look at all his failures (and yes, I can acknolwedge having failure can lead to more success but don't see drumphy particularly did that).

Drumphy is worse than any politician to date in terms of lying/bullshitting, he elevated that to new levels. He's a pathological liar. He's a draft dodger unless you believe that the doc his daddy arranged was someone respectable.

Yes, you have supported drumphy quite a bit and are suspect accordingly as far as your ability to understand what's actually going on....

ps followed drumphy for a long time, since the 80s....this stuff isn't new.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
No, I'd say drumph is just scummy rather than intelligent in financial matters. He talks more about how he increased his wealth than his own efforts did, he inherited a huge chunk and real estate values climbed....there are other NY real estate folk who started with less and made more. He's kind of a dummy, look at all his failures (and yes, I can acknolwedge having failure can lead to more success but don't see drumphy particularly did that).

Drumphy is worse than any politician to date in terms of lying/bullshitting, he elevated that to new levels. He's a pathological liar. He's a draft dodger unless you believe that the doc his daddy arranged was someone respectable.

Yes, you have supported drumphy quite a bit and are suspect accordingly as far as your ability to understand what's actually going on....

ps followed drumphy for a long time, since the 80s....this stuff isn't new.
I’m financially conservative and socially liberal (actually socially conservative, but liberal in the sense that it’s really none of my business and has no business in legislation). We do need to secure our borders and get out of foreign wars although I’m mixed on Ukraine as we made them a promise for them giving up their nuclear weapons. I’m also tired of the extreme left having a hissy fit over whatever the cool political opinion is at that moment.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’m financially conservative and socially liberal (actually socially conservative, but liberal in the sense that it’s really none of my business and has no business in legislation). We do need to secure our borders and get out of foreign wars although I’m mixed on Ukraine as we made them a promise for them giving up their nuclear weapons. I’m also tired of the extreme left having a hissy fit over whatever the cool political opinion is at that moment.
I like to consider myself also financially conservative (something I've not seen the republicans be in my lifetime particularly). Our borders are huge and hard to protect plus we put those people to work generally. This idea of immigrants causing all our issues is a popular political football and doesn't even take into account much of "americans" is founded on genocide land grabbing immigrants, let alone the modern age of using them for cheaper labor continuously. This country doesn't even have an extreme left, that's a fantasy of drumphy fans and fox and republican (can you separate?) propaganda largely.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I like to consider myself also financially conservative (something I've not seen the republicans be in my lifetime particularly). Our borders are huge and hard to protect plus we put those people to work generally. This idea of immigrants causing all our issues is a popular political football and doesn't even take into account much of "americans" is founded on genocide land grabbing immigrants, let alone the modern age of using them for cheaper labor continuously. This country doesn't even have an extreme left, that's a fantasy of drumphy fans and fox and republican (can you separate?) propaganda largely.
We don’t have an extreme left, I guess you and I don’t need to continue a political conversation. Love to see you around the forums and talk audio gear.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We don’t have an extreme left, I guess you and I don’t need to continue a political conversation. Love to see you around the forums and talk audio gear.
Yeah if you live in that fantasy world where you're not an extreme right wing fascist nazi....

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Yeah if you live in that fantasy world where you're not an extreme right wing fascist nazi....
And that right there is where I draw the line, I absolutely will not tolerate that type of conversation. It’s divisive, inappropriate and extremely rude. You know nothing about me and this name-calling from the left accomplishes absolutely nothing. Do not ever speak to me again.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And that right there is where I draw the line, I absolutely will not tolerate that type of conversation. It’s divisive, inappropriate and extremely rude. You know nothing about me and this name-calling from the left accomplishes absolutely nothing. Do not ever speak to me again.
Just a reaction to your left thing to show how ridiculous it is.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then again even with the ridiculous descriptions of the "left" vs "right" going on....most of the problem is just believing the problem is only on the side of the fence you're invested in....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another curiousity is how the right feels they should only be judged on their own terms, others be damned, and still call it something fair/democratic?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I say it's time for a real third party. (not Independents, who are just Republicans who deny accountability when it hits the fan)
The Ambidextrians...Dedicated to actually solving current issues using all available methods and resources. In addition to planning for a sensible future for the benefit of all.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis