D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Seems like every news article I read I need to go research and find out what the facts are. I like reading X but virtually everything I see that gets my blood pressure up turns out to be false. I love the idea of completely free speech, but I’m about to delete the app because nearly everything is false on that platform.
I'm guessing Musk is using "free speech" as cover to flood his site with poop.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Classic Trump saying he's a humble man and the reaction by the interviewer LOL.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The funny one is the inability of MAGA to see the lack of respect people have for the US based on Trump's behavior.

Also the question asked, Would you still vote for Trump even if he murdered somebody? And the pause or "I'd have to think about it."

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Eric Trump retweeted a post from an account called Freedom, which showed a picture of Trumps with the message, “The family that gave up everything to save America. Thank you!”
Beyond pathetic. To post this on Memorial Day Weekend is truly an affront to any family members that have lost loved ones in the service of our country. And no one in the Trump family has ever served one day in any of our armed forces. SAD SAD SAD that this guy is the Republican nominee for the highest office in the land. :(
And I am a vet as well as my dad and one of my grandfathers. And if they were still alive, they would be appalled.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Eric Trump retweeted a post from an account called Freedom, which showed a picture of Trumps with the message, “The family that gave up everything to save America. Thank you!”
Beyond pathetic. To post this on Memorial Day Weekend is truly an affront to any family members that have lost loved ones in the service of our country. And no one in the Trump family has ever served one day in any of our armed forces. SAD SAD SAD that this guy is the Republican nominee for the highest office in the land. :(
And I am a vet as well as my dad and one of my grandfathers.
It fits I'm afraid.:rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't remember they gave up anything. They made a fortune.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
The date corresponds with the Pagan ritual Saturnalia. They used trees for their ceremonies, too.

To be honest, I have no problem with people who revere nature- not sure I would use 'worship', but that would be OK, too.

I have been in the Grand Canyon for whitewater rafting trips on three occasions and it's awe-inspiring to see rock that was formed over one billion years ago. However, don't tell people from some religions about the timeline because they won't believe it. The guides offer geological info for the guests and during the first trip, they told us about a group who just shook their heads when they were told about the age of the canyon and the rock formations. Said the universe is about 6800 years old. After that, the guides would say "Look at the pretty rocks".

This shot is from the first trip- came around the bend and this was waiting for us-
Pre temple biblical era, worship in ancient Judea/Israel was centered around the "high places", where a number of bible references are made to "Asherot" - basically wooden pillars, representing trees/life/female aspects of deity...

During the late first temple era, these were mostly destroyed as being idolatrous... but they appear to have been universal in early Israelite/Hebrew religious sites (including the temple of Jerusalem) - and are likely to have been part of a His/Hers cult... with the trees being part of the Hers representation.

So there is ancient Judaic precedent for trees as part of sacred rituals.... but it was well and truly gone by the time the Roman era and the birth of christianity came around... (Judaism does have a "tree" festival - TuBiShvat... a bit of a harvest/fertility thing - but that is quite seperate)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Charlie Kirk accidentally told a truth but was phrased in a way that it was a claim Biden made. Along the lines of 'People like the memory of Trump more than the actual in front of them'. Cause he's a LOUD a$$hole lol.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Charlie Kirk accidentally told a truth but was phrased in a way that it was a claim Biden made. Along the lines of 'People like the memory of Trump more than the actual in front of them'. Cause he's a LOUD a$$hole lol.
I’m gonna make a statement and people are going to say that I love Trump, definitely not the truth but AnyWho. I did love that about Trump initially because I think all politicians are fucking liars and scumbags and he ran a ton of Republicans out of office along with Democrats. Unfortunately, pumping more poop into the swamp doesn’t clean it up.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Pre temple biblical era, worship in ancient Judea/Israel was centered around the "high places", where a number of bible references are made to "Asherot" - basically wooden pillars, representing trees/life/female aspects of deity...

During the late first temple era, these were mostly destroyed as being idolatrous... but they appear to have been universal in early Israelite/Hebrew religious sites (including the temple of Jerusalem) - and are likely to have been part of a His/Hers cult... with the trees being part of the Hers representation.

So there is ancient Judaic precedent for trees as part of sacred rituals.... but it was well and truly gone by the time the Roman era and the birth of christianity came around... (Judaism does have a "tree" festival - TuBiShvat... a bit of a harvest/fertility thing - but that is quite seperate)
Is that festival more of an Orthodox tradition, or do reformed Jews celebrate it, too?

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Is that festival more of an Orthodox tradition, or do reformed Jews celebrate it, too?
TuBiShvat is pretty much universal - it is an occasion for a party basically... (typically picnics... and family/community meals...)

On the other hand in religious terms it is considered a minor event... not one of the major holy days.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
MTG says Republicans should be hanging flag upside down LOL....

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I love watching the Tennessee Brando posts He really makes some great points. Unfortunately lost on the MAGA faithful.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
So what happens now?

Republicans pick another candidate?

Trump gets elected anyway? Impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors?

Gets sentenced to prison quickly?

House arrest? Can’t campaign?

Appeal obviously and I’ve read a couple ways he could get it dismissed but I don’t understand the arguments.

I will admit I don’t like it do to timing as how it will be spun by the MAGA crowd and further energize his base. I don’t think it will matter, I initially saw RFK taking votes from Biden but now I think he’ll pull from Trump. I think Trump has the advantage on the economy, the only positive to the economy is the stock market, regular folks can’t afford rent, mortgages or groceries. Biden needs to find a way to bring a resolution to Israel Palestine or else I think a huge number of young educated voters just sit this election out, especially if things get worse. Biden has the advantage on Russia/Ukraine and lots of older veterans who lived through the Cold War can stomach Trumps lack of support. In the end maybe none of this matters and it’s anyone’s guess how this plays out but we’re definitely in extremely uncharted territory. I do have a mild fear that the MAGA crowd could decide to act out and if that happens the liberal protests and riots will look like Disneyland in comparison. I do take comfort that many on the right actually are patriots and a significant enough number have sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution and take it very seriously.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So what happens now?

Republicans pick another candidate?

Trump gets elected anyway? Impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors?

Gets sentenced to prison quickly?

House arrest? Can’t campaign?

Appeal obviously and I’ve read a couple ways he could get it dismissed but I don’t understand the arguments.

I will admit I don’t like it do to timing as how it will be spun by the MAGA crowd and further energize his base. I don’t think it will matter, I initially saw RFK taking votes from Biden but now I think he’ll pull from Trump. I think Trump has the advantage on the economy, the only positive to the economy is the stock market, regular folks can’t afford rent, mortgages or groceries. Biden needs to find a way to bring a resolution to Israel Palestine or else I think a huge number of young educated voters just sit this election out, especially if things get worse. Biden has the advantage on Russia/Ukraine and lots of older veterans who lived through the Cold War can stomach Trumps lack of support. In the end maybe none of this matters and it’s anyone’s guess how this plays out but we’re definitely in extremely uncharted territory. I do have a mild fear that the MAGA crowd could decide to act out and if that happens the liberal protests and riots will look like Disneyland in comparison. I do take comfort that many on the right actually are patriots and a significant enough number have sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution and take it very seriously.
More curious how you assign some sort of financial acumen to this guy who doesn't have much of that going on....his talents are the other direction.. He does like to take credit for things he had little to do with, tho. As to the republicans staying with this guy, it's pretty sad to see such support still for a major loser/criminal/traitor like drumphy,

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis