The Jan 6 Commission hearings

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
All this works only if Cipollone values his future Bar Association membership more than he values his future in politics.
I'm not sure I understand. Even if he doesn't value his future bar membership, he could be held in contempt of court if fails to comply with the subpoena. The judge could issue a warrant for his arrest and put him up at the graybar hotel until he decides to cooperate.

I don't know Mr Cipollone, but he doesn't strike me as the type who'd enjoy his time at the old graybar.

Being disbarred is a concern, but it's not the only concern.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
If you're a retired NYPD officer, getting convicted of 5 felonies doesn't look too good on the old resume. But, I'm sure he'll have time to think about while he's incarcerated.

I'm guessing he won't be the most popular guy in his cell block.

I'm not sure if he was offered a plea deal, but going to trial looks like a bad bet for most of the January 6 defendants.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I just read that the Jan. 6 committee will subpoena Newt Gingrich to answer questions.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
If you're a retired NYPD officer, getting convicted of 5 felonies doesn't look too good on the old resume. But, I'm sure he'll have time to think about while he's incarcerated.

I'm guessing he won't be the most popular guy in his cell block.

I'm not sure if he was offered a plea deal, but going to trial looks like a bad bet for most of the January 6 defendants.
He could be. ;) :D:eek:

The go to guy :D

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
highfigh

highfigh

I've not seen the hearings myself but have read some the reports from them. The US democracy is more fragile than many would like to believe, and where it not for a number of elected Republicans the attempted self-coup could very well have succeeded.

Sadly, many people in the Republican party appears to try again in 2024.
Those are the ones who should be fired into space, never to return.

highfigh

highfigh

As long as into empty space, enough emptiness so they could not repopulate anything. :D
Actually, if the space is small, they could be jammed in and compressed, never to harm anyone again.

I should have been more specific- I meant fired out of Earth's atmosphere into deep space.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Actually, if the space is small, they could be jammed in and compressed, never to harm anyone again.

I should have been more specific- I meant fired out of Earth's atmosphere into deep space.
Much better, thanks.
Really deep space. Maybe they could catch up with Voyager?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Hot from the press:

>>>Former President Donald Trump’s attorneys are fighting a secret court battle to block a federal grand jury from gathering information from an expanding circle of close Trump aides about his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, people briefed on the matter told CNN.

The high-stakes legal dispute – which included the appearance of three attorneys representing Trump at the Washington, DC, federal courthouse on Thursday afternoon – is the most aggressive step taken by the former President to assert executive and attorney-client privileges in order to prevent some witnesses from sharing information in the criminal investigation events surrounding January 6, 2021.

The court fight over privilege, which has not been previously reported and is under seal, is a turning point for Trump’s post-presidency legal woes.

How the fight is resolved could determine whether prosecutors can tear down the firewall Trump has tried to keep around his conversations in the West Wing and with attorneys he spoke to as he sought to overturn the 2020 election and they worked to help him hold onto the presidency.

This dispute came to light as former Trump White House adviser and lawyer Eric Herschmann received a grand jury subpoena seeking testimony, the people briefed said.

Other former senior Trump White House officials, including former White House counsel Pat Cipollone and his deputy Patrick Philbin, appeared before the grand jury in recent weeks, after negotiating specific subjects they would decline to answer question about, because of Trump’s privilege claims.

Herschmann himself is not in court fighting the subpoena. Instead, Trump’s lawyers are asking a judge to recognize the former President’s privilege claims and the right to confidentiality around his dealings. Herschmann’s grand jury testimony has been postponed.

It’s still unknown if prosecutors want to use the information for possible cases against Trump or others.

Trump’s lawyers have expected the Justice Department to eventually seek a judge’s order to compel additional testimony from White House witnesses, CNN has previously reported.

The Justice Department didn’t respond to a request for comment.
...<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I tell ya, they are going to drag this on until the 2024 election. Lock him up already.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I tell ya, they are going to drag this on until the 2024 election. Lock him up already.
Good for him that we categorically reject, as utterly lawless, what his followers intended for the Vice President Pence on January 6:

1663953170916.png

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Hot from the press:

>>>

. . . It’s still unknown if prosecutors want to use the information for possible cases against Trump or others. . . .

...<<<
Gee, does anyone have a guess?

In fairness, the DOJ probably does not know exactly what "the information" is, so it probably really is unknown at least in one sense.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis