Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
... My last orange display holdout :p ...
I am still wondering why they gave up this nice orange color... I very much would like to see some display that people can adjust the lighting to their liking. Seems kind of cheap since every other thing has already have it. Why not AVRs as well? I know it sounds funny and probably the last thing that someone would look for from an AVR but still...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I am still wondering why they gave up this nice orange color... I very much would like to see some display that people can adjust the lighting to their liking. Seems kind of cheap since every other thing has already have it. Why not AVRs as well? I know it sounds funny and probably the last thing that someone would look for from an AVR but still...
My 2nd ever Yamaha was back in 2004 it had the orange display. RX-750

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
What I think is shocking is that you would pay $300 for a used RX-V6A and wouldn't pay $1 for a new RX-A6A!!! On which planet do you live?
View attachment 54850
Wow! What an "exposure"! Bravo you! It's like tabloid journalism with a dash of sensationalism.
Before you jump into rushed conslusion, why don't you ask me first, publicly or privately, to clarify?

I would not buy any of those models for myself at the moment and I stated that many months ago. Canadian chap mentioned rogue inflated price for used model and, in my response, I meant that if I was him, I would not pay more than $300 for that device. My response was that he definitely should not pay inflated price. I could have worded it better, but that's not the reason to jump into superficial conclusion and "expose" me. It's silly of you.

Please don't try to make news out of something that it's not, especially if you are not willing to give a benefit of a doubt and check it with me first.

Last edited:
clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Before you jump into rushed conslusion, why don't you ask me first, publicly or privately, to clarify?
Ummm on AVS you're the only person I've run across that has his profile blocked. Not sure why but no chance of private anything. Like I've said before your Yamaha bashing has gotten old with me. Your comments are always the same regurgitated stuff. If I didn't know better I'd think you have an agenda.

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Ummm on AVS you're the only person I've run across that has his profile blocked. Not sure why but no chance of private anything. Like I've said before your Yamaha bashing has gotten old with me. Your comments are always the same regurgitated stuff. If I didn't know better I'd think you have an agenda.
It's not always the same stuff, far away from that. You have not come across debates where I defend Yamaha against majority of members in my thread. You would need to read it. Anyone can send me private message on all fora and many members have been in touch with me with a lot of questions. Privacy helps with trolling. I am also a donor on several fora and contribute to those platforms, as there is a lot of expertize on offer too. If you take a closer look into HDMI 2.1 AVRs thread that I created, you will find comprehensive information about the industry's progress in this transition, from all brands. The thread has several engineers and other experts who contribute to shared knowledge. I am not one of them. I just ask a lot of questions.

We criticised Denon for seven months for the botched launch of AVRs in 2020. Then we discussed Yamaha too for bad board design choices, and anyone else, such as HDMI Administrator, who did not want to be transparent enough with the public and guard the specification properly. We praised a few companies that got it right too or postponed transition until chips mature. We praised Yamaha for forcing HDMI Org to introduce formal certification process. It's a broad, yet detailed view. We collaborate with tech outlets and look out for specific information from vendors about their designs and features, so that we could cut through the language of marketing and understand what's going on under the hood. That's the "agenda", if you want to call it that way. We are interested in this specific technological leap across devices in home theatre and entertainment systems, precisely because it has been problematic and worsened during the pandemic. You are welcomed to join debates and information exchange.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My 2nd ever Yamaha was back in 2004 it had the orange display. RX-750
I can see a separate thread titled “My First Yamaha AVR/AVP/AMP”. :D

My first Yamaha’s were the CX-A5100, MX-A5000 and RX-A3080 since I had been a Denon user for the past 20 years. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Very disappointed this morning with my Yamaha RX-A4A. :eek::mad: Just got hit with my first bug and it's doozy! :mad:
Got up around 6am turned on my system with my TV remote, everything fired up as usual all good. Fixed my first cup of coffee, started watching OTA TV, watching local news for about 15 minutes all good. Than switched over to Netflix started watching Silver Linings. Around 20 minutes into the movie sound started acting sporadically, dropping in and out. I won't go into all the details, jumped on Yamaha's website looking for how to do a hard reset couldn't find anything. So I went into settings and performed a All Initialization still no sound output from any source, CD player, 4K player, OTA TV nothing! ended up having to unplug the RX-A4A, waited about 3 minutes plugged it back in fired everything back up. All good now. But I gotta rerun YPAO again and redo all my preferred settings, except this time I'm going to use a USB flash drive to backup my settings. This is my first experience with a Yamaha AVR completely losing sound output.:mad::(

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Very disappointed this morning with my Yamaha RX-A4A. :eek::mad: Just got hit with my first bug and it's doozy! :mad:
Got up around 6am turned on my system with my TV remote, everything fired up as usual all good. Fixed my first cup of coffee, started watching OTA TV, watching local news for about 15 minutes all good. Than switched over to Netflix started watching Silver Linings. Around 20 minutes into the movie sound started acting sporadically, dropping in and out. I won't go into all the details, jumped on Yamaha's website looking for how to do a hard reset couldn't find anything. So I went into settings and performed a All Initialization still no sound output from any source, CD player, 4K player, OTA TV nothing! ended up having to unplug the RX-A4A, waited about 3 minutes plugged it back in fired everything back up. All good now. But I gotta rerun YPAO again and redo all my the first settings, except this time I'm going to use a USB flash drive to backup my settings. This is my first experience with a Yamaha AVR completely losing sound output.:mad::(
Not cool. Thank you for sharing, if it happens to me I will be less anxious knowing you solved it by unplugging it.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Not cool. Thank you for sharing, if it happens to me I will be less anxious knowing you solved it by unplugging it.
Yeah, not to happy with my RX-A4A right now.:mad: Actually it started late last night I was up watching Netflix. Watching, Another Life sci-fi series. Sound started acting sporadically, but it never dropped out completely. So I figured it was Netflix app acting up and or HDMI ARC issue. So stopped watching Netflix switched to, streaming net radio all was good. I will be keeping a stink eye on it for sure now!!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, not to happy with my RX-A4A right now.:mad: Actually it started late last night I was up watching Netflix. Watching, Another Life sci-fi series. Sound started acting sporadically, but it never dropped out completely. So I figured it was Netflix app acting up and or HDMI ARC issue. So stopped watching Netflix switched to, streaming net radio all was good. I will be keeping a stink eye on it for sure now!!
Sorry to hear that. I think I will stick with my old unit unti the majority of the users report back trouble free operation.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Got up around 6am turned on my system with my TV remote, everything fired up as usual all good. Fixed my first cup of coffee, started watching OTA TV, watching local news for about 15 minutes all good. Than switched over to Netflix started watching Silver Linings. Around 20 minutes into the movie sound started acting sporadically, dropping in and out. I won't go into all the details, jumped on Yamaha's website looking for how to do a hard reset couldn't find anything. So I went into settings and performed a All Initialization still no sound output from any source, CD player, 4K player, OTA TV nothing! ended up having to unplug the RX-A4A, waited about 3 minutes plugged it back in fired everything back up. All good now. But I gotta rerun YPAO again and redo all my preferred settings, except this time I'm going to use a USB flash drive to backup my settings. This is my first experience with a Yamaha AVR completely losing sound output.:mad::(
Wow. Sorry to hear that.

First Generation COMPLEX AVR/AVP will always go through some growing pains/bugs.

Will be expecting plenty of Firmware Updates.

AVRs are like PCs these days.

I always turn off my Yamaha whenever I am not using it like my PCs. :D

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks Yamaha Clones for the support. I'm texting with Andrew on cell right now, he's clowning me, telling me to turn AVR off once in awhile. Give it rest time. Lol. Thing is I haven't been leaving it on 24/7 anymore, I only do that the 1st month, been doing that with new gear since the 70's. They say, who ever said that, if anything gonna happen with new gear, it'll usually happen within the first 30 days.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Sorry to hear about these bugs. Very frustrating when you drop good coin for this gear and run into issues. At least these new units are still under warranty, if it comes to that. It's a tough time to be in the market for any AVR right now, what with the long wait for availability and all. But first generation AVRs are another story...... I guess if you need one though you need one. I'm holding tight to my Yamaha 3060, and pray I get at least a few more years out of it.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Sorry to hear that. No bueno... I will repeat myself again but - please unplug the unit from power, wait a min or two, plug it back and only then if the problem still persist do the factory reset. Thus you will save yourself a lot of time. When my unit does this sometimes power off then on fixes the problem.

P

PacketofCrisps

Audioholic Intern
So say Yamaha can't solve the HDMI 2.1 issue via a firmware update where does that leave us?, can we legally request a refund?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear that. No bueno... I will repeat myself again but - please unplug the unit from power, wait a min or two, plug it back and only then if the problem still persist do the factory reset. Thus you will save yourself a lot of time. When my unit does this sometimes power off then on fixes the problem.
I should've unplugged my RX-A4A first, would've saved me from having to rerun YPAO. I was Sooo happy when I powered it back on and all was good. Sure would've hated boxing it up to ship out for repair. I did try turning it off and back on. Did that 3 times still has no sound. That's when I pull the power cable off from the back of the AVR.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear about these bugs. Very frustrating when you drop good coin for this gear and run into issues. At least these new units are still under warranty, if it comes to that. It's a tough time to be in the market for any AVR right now, what with the long wait for availability and all. But first generation AVRs are another story...... I guess if you need one though you need one. I'm holding tight to my Yamaha 3060, and pray I get at least a few more years out of it.
Hey!! Bro! Where you been!! Been busy huh? Anyways I see you been a AH member since 2005! 17 years! I found one other AH member that signed up back in 2002. Wonder who's the oldest AH member, besides Gene

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Could it be something with HDMI handshake or is it application specific?

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis