Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Time to switch for a Denon I think. If this is the way Yamaha « improve » their product.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Can’t control the volume anymore, all sound sources are « ignored » and when changing the volume on the Apple TV Remote it controls the tv sound volume instead of the amp volume

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Ok I got the issue, with the new firmware, my tv is changing its sound output to TV speakers by itself every 5s. I can listen to my system 5s max.

D

Dezed

Enthusiast
Ok I got the issue, with the new firmware, my tv is changing its sound output to TV speakers by itself every 5s. I can listen to my system 5s max.
try disable hdmi control on the receiver. Another option is to try to renegotiate handshake for earc with your tv by restarting it

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
internet yes. My amp is hard wired. Update was displayed as « successful »
I just did a Google on your A8A for a hard reset, nothing came up. Just showed hard rest for the older Adventages. I can't find anything for a factory reset on the new line.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, umm I know you may not like having to do this, Yamaha CS? If you can't get your unit up and running right? You may have gotten a infected update. It has happened before. It happened to me once and only once. I called into Onkyo and the tech asked me if he could take control of my AVR via internet. I sit and watched him run through some settings, and saw a bunch of umm display flashes like umm blinking. Than he erased all of the previous updates then installed current updates. It worked, hopefully yours will also.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
try disable hdmi control on the receiver. Another option is to try to renegotiate handshake for earc with your tv by restarting it
Seems like something went wrong with his update. Dudes a professional coder so it's not like he can't do a simple firmware update, gotta to be an infected update. I most definitely be calling Yamaha customer service.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I did a hard reset on the TV and until now the sound isn’t cutting! Thank you so much. I am not sure I would have thought about a tv issue after doing an amp firmware update. Time to setup everything once again. Fun starts again. As you may notice I am the kind of guy that easily flip tables…

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I did a hard reset on the TV and until now the sound isn’t cutting! Thank you so much. I am not sure I would have think about a tv issue after doing an amp firmware update. Time to setup everything once again. Fun starts again. As you may notice I am the kind of guy that easily flip tables…
Lol, not making fun of you brother. With all do respect, I've come to know you a little bit from our inbox messages. But you've got a good bit of money invested in your setup, more than I have in mine. It's not small pocket change for sure. I do understand, I bet most of us on AH would get upset when things get out of whack with this hobby. We don't like unkind surprises.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It’s the worst aspect about being born French. We all protest for everything. I hate myself when I act this way. Sorry for that.
Your good brother! You made no personal statement at anyone. We do understand and venting is good.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Something obvious (in my setup) is that the amp is synchronizing at least one second quicker than previously with Atmos sources.

For stereo up mixing, I find Dolby is moving the voice closer and I don’t like the feeling to be “in” the singer head, Neural X keeps the scene in front of me, but there is maybe too much use/treble on the front height speakers. Auro 3D sounds better to me. Voices are still in front of me, the scene is wide, the use of front height isn’t too much “in your face”. I will maybe start to use up mixing with Auro 3D. Interesting

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Nah what would give us that idea???? :oops: ;):p
Hey bro ment to tell you,cool Avatar name. We have this sports radio channel 103.7 the game. Anyways Jim Rome does a radio call in talk show. And yep, he has this segment where during his show he gets his clones to call in and talk live about sports shop or anything that grinds their day. Gotta bunch of Clone's that call in. One of my favorite take shows to listen to over the FM radio in my truck it stays on that channel.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just tried an experiment. Turned off the front speakers (put them on seperate amp for this test) and played Dolby 5.1 and 2.0 (though surround encoded) programmes. Using Dolby there was just a slight murmor coming from the heights. With the Auro 3D setting there were clear sounds from the heights, including vocals. So something is happening, though if it is right or not I don't know. :)

Will see if I prefer it.

Edit: 5.1 I'm watching now has no dialogue on the front heights, only music and effects. ??
As I understand, auromatic just takes the base layer and duplicates it to the height layer, and adds some reverb. If the content is native 5.1 that might explain why no dialogue in the heights since dialogue would be locked in the CC.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis