Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
2) The issues Gene found in measurements cannot be fixed by firmware, requires a hardware change in the next iteration of their platform, who knows when that will be
In the next production cycle of the same models, ~ H2 2022.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I can Not agree, with Andrew Jones take the A8A is similar in sound quality of the V6A. I've owned that AVR, last year only kept it for a few months. The sound quality of my A4A is much more notable over the cheaper V6A. Plus the V6A had issues, after a couple of updates issues were gone. That's why I said, speaking for myself, I considered his take on comparison of the AVR'S All of them a fluff piece. If I had to choose which AVR to buy between the one's he compared, yeah hands down RX-A8A. But the V6A? Denon, Marantz and especially the Onkyo Z50 would smoke that V6A. I really like that Z50 that Onkyo his out. It's in a nice price range in offer,s a lot for the money. Guy's look, most of the old timers know me, I joke around some, it's all in fun guy's. Buy want ever audio gear you like. Whether it's Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, NAD etc, they are all very nice AVR,s. More than likely you'll get years of enjoyment out of them. May the power of the Watts be with you! :)

Last edited:
clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
The issues Gene found in measurements cannot be fixed by firmware, requires a hardware change in the next iteration of their platform, who knows when that will be. Anyone who already has one of these will have to buy the next gen receiver to fix those issues.
I don't remember Gene saying this. What I remember him saying was he found something hardware related but was waiting to hear from Yamaha before releasing his findings. Maybe I am wrong.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I don't remember Gene saying this. What I remember him say was he found something hardware related but was waiting to hear from Yamaha before releasing his findings. Maybe I am wrong.
He did say that there are measurement problems and did receive confirmation from Yamaha that are tied to the hardware and cannot be fixed by firmware.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
The more I read about this HDMI 2.1 @ 120 issue the more I think that the hard core gamers who really demand it don't actually need any AVR. Most probably they will have some 3+ monitors installation and would not even care about the AVRs supporting this.
Quite conservative view. Gamers are only a tiny segment of market who use wider video bandwidth. There are thousands of creatives who design modern audio-video content and need reliable AVRs to watch high-quality video renderings and listen to lossless audio mastered for it. Professionals rightly expect that expensive AVR machines would finally deliver the full bandwidth spec. It's not a brainer. In the same way, those users would expect reliable performance from $4,000-$5,000 4K 10-bit monitors, on which the said content is designed.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
He did say that there are measurement problems and did receive confirmation from Yamaha that are tied to the hardware and cannot be fixed by firmware.
Can you direct me to where he said this? Did he take his original review down?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yes Gene did say that, that's why I stated in one of my post of Yamaha, they must be asking to get kicked in the balls. Cause they sure have drop one on their foot for sure. You guy's know as of now I'm a fanboy of Yamaha, but that could change without noticed or proper disclosure at owners discretion. :)

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
This Is a Yamaha thread, you guys keep coming here on a Yamaha Thread pushing Onkyo, Denon, Marantz. So with that said, expect a little snowball fight. Lol.
The best Yamaha critics are Yamaha fanboyz who are aware of shortcomings in those machines and can easily detach from a romance with the gear on their media stands/racks. ;)

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Quite conservative view. Gamers are only a tiny segment of market who use wider video bandwidth. There are thousands of creatives who design modern audio-video content and need reliable AVRs to watch high-quality video renderings and listen to lossless audio mastered for it. Professionals rightly expect that expensive AVR machines would finally deliver the full bandwidth spec. It's not a brainer. In the same way, those users would expect reliable performance from $4,000-$5,000 4K 10-bit monitors, on which the said content is designed.
I guess you are right. Just no one talks about AVRs like their use in professional manner. Every video/review/post is about games...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The best Yamaha critics are Yamaha fanboyz who are aware of shortcomings in those machines and can easily detach from a romance with the gear on their media stands/racks. ;)
LMAO!! Nice!! Still lmao.. so umm, you wanta jump over to Polk's site, and leave after we start a couple of dumpster fires? :D let me see if Andrew @AcuDefTechGuy isn't to busy, he and I are Legends over there for starting dumpster fires. All you got do is mention Emotiva amps sound better than Parasound amps, I'll bring the matches. ;):cool:

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Man, this has been asked several times already. It's somewhere on pages 25-40 of the thread. Go to Gene's profile and find the post.
Man sorry to inconvenience you bro. Sorry I asked. Wait I didn't even ask you in the first place!!!

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
The more I read about this HDMI 2.1 @ 120 issue the more I think that the hard core gamers who really demand it don't actually need any AVR. Most probably they will have some 3+ monitors installation and would not even care about the AVRs supporting this. :D
Hard core gamer are using high refresh rate monitor for competitive games for sure, but for single player games that aren't first person shooters it's way more interesting to play with Dolby Atmos using a 120Hz HDR 4K TV... So I disagree, hard core gamers care about hdmi 2.1 ;)

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Can you direct me to where he said this? Did he take his original review down?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis