Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
In that case, every machine with early release must be discounted if not fully baked, say $500, to give a clear signal that only fully functional devices will attract a full price.
Yamaha gives an extra two years of warranty for a total of five years! So yeah, it's like here's 2 more years of warranty on your new unfinished product. At least I don't have midget drivers in my speakers like some people I know that gets smoked with a lil 250 watts thrown at them for hours. . @ryanosaur ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I have been observing closely events unravelling in 2020 and 2021 around AVRs. It's the biggest bonkers in a decade.
You don't remember Onkyos lil chip thingy that almost bankrupt them back from 2008 up till 2018. I had 2 THX-NR818 and 1 NR705 crapped out just outside of warranty. That AVR line The Whole line had so many issues, it got the company sold off twice.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yamaha Fan Boyz! Unite! We getting bushwack! o_O
Just jk/in. ;) Man this hobby is fun! I'm going down with the ship! With my RX-A4A as my anchor! :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Make sure those entry-level DACs do not get too wet. :p
Back in 2007 I was a H/K fan boy, well lost my 3600 due to bad chip, that's when I made the jump to Onkyo. Got burnet again, plus my beautiful Samsung plasma 51" had the Cap issue, that TV came with a 18 month warranty, yep 20 months I was watching a NFL game and watched a black line run across the screen horizontally. That was a bad year for me in this hobby. Well jump to 2021 and AVR'S still having issues. They way I look at it I'm covered till 2026 with the A4A. I haven't kept a AVR more than 3 years. Yeah I'm down the rabbit hole.

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I know I will catch hell for saying this. Yamaha should dump the A2A and A6A, just have two AVENTAGE models and fix that idiotic front panel. Among other things. :eek:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I know I will catch hell for saying this. Yamaha should dump the A2A and A6A, just have two AVENTAGE models and fix that idiotic front panel. Among other things. :eek:
Your good brother, hope you know I'm just messing around with the guys about the Denon, Yamaha thing. Can't say I don't agree, cause I do Yamaha gotta mess on their hands. @MR.MAGOO you remember when H/K changed up to that all shiny black display with that big volume knob that glowed a blue color if I remember right. It was bright as hell couldn't dim it down.

Last edited:
T

TadMoore

Enthusiast
As far as the front panel goes, I don't mind the monster volume knob because I never use it. Actually I think the overall look is pretty sleek. What I don't like is the display is so damn small that I can't see it very well. Other than that I love my A4A, nice rich sound. Call me crazy, but my Rythmik sub sounds far better than it did with the Anthem MRX500, and I kept the settings the same.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
As far as the front panel goes, I don't mind the monster volume knob because I never use it. Actually I think the overall look is pretty sleek. What I don't like is the display is so damn small that I can't see it very well. Other than that I love my A4A, nice rich sound. Call me crazy, but my Rythmik sub sounds far better than it did with the Anthem MRX500, and I kept the settings the same.
My A4A, isn't going anywhere. I've had no issues
No issues with 2.1, no issues with 4K, 8K 120 :D I like the sleek new modern look. Can't see the volume knob at night anyway. I agree nice rich sound, chocolatey mids.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
My A4A, isn't going anywhere. I've had no issues
No issues with 2.1, no issues with 4K, 8K 120 :D I like the sleek new modern look. Can't see the volume knob at night anyway. I agree nice rich sound, chocolatey mids.
Careful there are those in here that will think you're crazy for having/keeping one. Don't you know that you need to get other's blessings first? :oops: ;)...Enjoy it!

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Careful there are those in here that will think you're crazy for having/keeping one. Don't you know that you need to get other's blessings first? :oops: ;)
Lol, yeah I'm sure I'll get bushwack over some of my post from them Denon and Marantz fan boys. :D But with that said, this lil, who manufacturers the best AVR was going on here on AH way before I opened up a profile here on AH. All in fun bro, bunch of great fellow audio enthusiast that hang out on AH. Many are knowledgeable of audio and quite frankly above my pay grade. I get umm coerced, :D with messages from other members, texting me saying, we gotta go get them Denon, Marantz fanboys! They chopping up Yamaha! Lolo. Sometimes we like a bunch of ninjas on Gene's forum bushwacking each other. Lol. I've chatted with Gene over us messing around, he gets a kick out of it.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Lol, yeah I'm sure I'll get bushwack over some of my post from them Denon and Marantz fan boys. :D But with that said, this lil, who manufacturers the best AVR was going on here on AH way before I opened up a profile here on AH. All in fun bro, bunch of great fellow audio enthusiast that hang out on this on AH. Many are knowledgeable of audio and quite frankly above my pay grade. I get umm coerced, :D with messages from other members, texting me saying, we gotta go get them Denon, Marantz fanboys! They chopping up Yamaha! Lolo. Sometimes we like a bunch of ninjas on Gene's forum bushwacking each other. Lol. I've chatted with Gene over us messing around, he gets a kick out of it.
I totally understand but it does get a little old when I keep reading the same negative regurgitated posts when someone says something positive about these receivers before Gene's Ultimate red light/green light review. However after saying that I did discover the "Ignore" option and this thread has become more bearable for me... :cool:

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I totally understand but it does get a little old when I keep reading the same negative regurgitated posts when someone says something positive about these receivers before Gene's Ultimate red light/green light review.
Yeah feel you on that for sure, but boy! Don't saying anything about their speakers, be like you slept with their wife or something. :rolleyes::D All the specs and graphs, see how straight that line is oh man that's some awesome speakers. :D But on a more serious note, there are associates that hang out on AH that are associated with SU, SVS, and other companies. So yeah they gonna push, oh but Onkyos are this or Denon is that much better just look at the graphs and specs. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think everyone here would gladly accept a free Yamaha A4A, A6A or A8A and would love the sound quality. :D

But being audiophile nerds from the time we were 18 years old to now, we‘re gonna talk about inaudible measurement numbers like THD+N forever. :D

And understandably gripe about every bug or even changes that we don’t like.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think everyone here would gladly accept a free Yamaha A4A, A6A or A8A and would love the sound quality. :D

But being audiophile nerds from the time we were 18 years old to now, we‘re gonna talk about inaudible measurement numbers like THD+N forever. :D

Yep! Totally agree, heavy is the head that wears the crown! :D

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic

Good luck to all in the search for the "Holy Grail".

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis