Incongruous media coverage of Rittenhouse vs actual testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
When you take a concealed carry class they go over self defense. Being aware of your responsibilities does not equal premeditation.
He was 17.

"Wisconsin Concealed Carry Laws
Wisconsin is a ‘shall issue’ state and issued concealed carry licenses only to its residents. Only non-resident military personnel stationed in Wisconsin can apply for the license. The minimum age to conceal carry is 21 and CCW without a license is illegal under most circumstances, including vehicle carry.

Wisconsin also allows open carry of firearms for US citizens of at least 18 years of age. Without any permit. The eligibility requirements and process for the license application are similar to most states."

From the link-

In WI, a 17 can't carry a concealed weapon until they're 21, can't open carry until 18. If he loaded the rifle before crossing a state line in a car, it was illegal. Concealed carry classes have a minimum age of 21 and I'm not aware that any organization allows minors to take the CCW classes in WI- I doubt Illinois would let him.

Well aware that they cover self defense in these classes and they also spend a lot of time on not being an aggressor and avoiding violent situations if possible and as an example, during a home invasion, that the person is supposed to try to retreat, but WI CCW classes don't deal with long guns, only handguns.

He went there with a rifle, so he had some expectation that he might use it- he wasn't using it as a cane or prop.

What if your 17 year old son were to go to a protest like this, with a rifle, across state lines with a weapon he doesn't own? Rittenhouse paid for it, but legally, couldn't legally purchase the gun from a dealer because again, he was only 17.

I guess 'preparation' would have been better than 'premeditation', but he still did it wrong, if his goal was to operate within the laws of WI.

highfigh

highfigh

You missed the flyby?
Did you hear the sonic boom?
Huh? No- I was in my basement working on a bike for most of the afternoon.

I think I heard a short "moo", but would have expected some amount of Doppler Effect.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Well it's a moot point the jury didn't agree. And after 2 days of rioting if for any reason I had to be stuck out there you better believe I'd be armed with whatever I had.

People make it sound like they were just respectfully out there protesting that night sitting on the sidewalk and this dude went up talking smack hurling out racial slurs and just flashing his rifle at them for crying out loud.

Dude didn't engage them they engaged him and paid the price for that stupidity.

There was a business owner out there the night before who got his jaw broke for trying to protect his store with a fire extinguisher. Not swinging it just spraying it. He was 70 years old.

Any weapons charges were dropped before they went in for deliberation, so it is moot.

Would you go into something like that as a 17 year old? He wasn't "stuck out there"! He went there intentionally, with some warped idea that he was needed.

What part of "I know they're rioting, looting, burning & being violent and I want to go there" sounds like a good idea?

Rosenberg had already attempted suicide- he may have approached because he still wanted to die, but we won't know that, for sure. Huber had a skateboard and apparently never heard the saying "Don't take a knife to a gunfight". WTF did he expect to accomplish with that?

The store owner and Rittenhouse situations aren't similar, in any way. The 70 year old man had something to protect, Rittenhouse only thought he should be there to protect- big difference. A 17 year old couldn't be hired to act as an armed guard.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Any weapons charges were dropped before they went in for deliberation, so it is moot.

Would you go into something like that as a 17 year old? He wasn't "stuck out there"! He went there intentionally, with some warped idea that he was needed.

What part of "I know they're rioting, looting, burning & being violent and I want to go there" sounds like a good idea?

Rosenberg had already attempted suicide- he may have approached because he still wanted to die, but we won't know that, for sure. Huber had a skateboard and apparently never heard the saying "Don't take a knife to a gunfight". WTF did he expect to accomplish with that?

The store owner and Rittenhouse situations aren't similar, in any way. The 70 year old man had something to protect, Rittenhouse only thought he should be there to protect- big difference. A 17 year old couldn't be hired to act as an armed guard.
The 2 situations are similar. People are just supposed to cower at home while you destroy they're community?

Personally you come to my town break old mens jaws burn down my communities buildings churches gas stations commit acts of violence I'm gonna be out there helping out and if you corner me it's going to be you or me.

I'm glad I'm here in Texas where they still believe in ENFORCING THE LAW. Myself and others aren't forced to make that choice like the citizens were in Kenosha that night.

I'm tired of people going after this kid for being 17 and stupid when grown men and women who should have known way better were ripping his town to peices while other men and women for political bullsh$t were allowing it by refusing to establish law and order

He was 17 he was stupid for being there. But the rioters and policy makers that night were even more stupid. Way more stupid and paid the price for it.

highfigh

highfigh

The 2 situations are similar. People are just supposed to cower at home while you destroy they're community?

Personally you come to my town break old mens jaws burn down my communities buildings churches gas stations commit acts of violence I'm gonna be out there helping out and if you corner me it's going to be you or me.

I'm glad I'm here in Texas where they still believe in ENFORCING THE LAW. Myself and others aren't forced to make that choice like the citizens were in Kenosha that night.

I'm tired of people going after this kid for being 17 and stupid when grown men and women who should have known way better were ripping his town to peices while other men and women for political bullsh$t were allowing it by refusing to establish law and order

He was 17 he was stupid for being there. But the rioters and policy makers that night were even more stupid. Way more stupid and paid the price for it.
Rittenhouse had no reason to be there. Yes, his grandparents live there but unless they live where the 'protest' was happening, there was no good reason for him to go, especially with a rifle. We aren't debating whether the 'protesters' should have been there, this is about Rittenhouse.

People who aren't members of law enforcement are called vigilantes when they take the law into their own hands in a place that's not their own property. I understand, but going to another state to do what KR says he did should be avoided and prevented, regardless of thoughts and sentiments to the contrary. This is supposed to be a civilized society and armed people going to meet violent protesters just fans the flames. OTOH, Law Enforcement was specifically instructed to watch and wait, just as they were in Milwaukee and other places. I don't agree with that, but if LEO go in with guns blazing, it will only escalate.

People who weren't taught that what they were doing is wrong will do these things and it's because of the violent activism that it still occurs. MKE had its first major riot in 1968 and it has only become a worse place but IMO, that's mainly because of the way the city/county/state have been governed.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Rittenhouse had no reason to be there. Yes, his grandparents live there but unless they live where the 'protest' was happening, there was no good reason for him to go, especially with a rifle. We aren't debating whether the 'protesters' should have been there, this is about Rittenhouse.

People who aren't members of law enforcement are called vigilantes when they take the law into their own hands in a place that's not their own property. I understand, but going to another state to do what KR says he did should be avoided and prevented, regardless of thoughts and sentiments to the contrary. This is supposed to be a civilized society and armed people going to meet violent protesters just fans the flames. OTOH, Law Enforcement was specifically instructed to watch and wait, just as they were in Milwaukee and other places. I don't agree with that, but if LEO go in with guns blazing, it will only escalate.

People who weren't taught that what they were doing is wrong will do these things and it's because of the violent activism that it still occurs. MKE had its first major riot in 1968 and it has only become a worse place but IMO, that's mainly because of the way the city/county/state have been governed.
Have you been living under a rock the last 2 years?

Supposed to be a civilized society? Give me a fu$%in break

When your own policy and law makers demonize the police bail out rioters and encourage lawmakers not to prosecute for political points and as you said tell there own police to just watch and wait what the heck are citizens supposed to do?

Kenosha was always going to happen sooner or later. There was always going to be a Kenosha. Because eventually e town were going to have enough and enforce law and order when there elected officials wouldn't

Trying to demonize and go after Kyle won't change that fact.

Kyle wasn't a vigilante he did not take the law into his own hands. He did not walk out there and try to run people off with a gun. It's been well documented in the courtroom that until Rosenbaum went after him he had been out there with others trying to help. He was not the AGGRESOR they were. If he had been the aggresor acting like a vigilante he'd have been convicted.

I know that fact seems to chap your a#$ but I dont know what to tell you. It is what it is.

highfigh

highfigh

Have you been living under a rock the last 2 years?

Supposed to be a civilized society? Give me a fu$%in break

When your own policy and law makers demonize the police bail out rioters and encourage lawmakers not to prosecute for political points what the heck are citizens supposed to do?

Kenosha was always going to happen sooner or later. There was always going to be a Kenosha. Because eventually e town were going to have enough and enforce law and order when there elected officials wouldn't

Trying to demonize and go after Kyle won't change that fact.

Kyle wasn't a vigilante he did not take the law into his own hands. He did not walk out there and try to run people off with a gun. It's been well documented in the courtroom that until Rosenbaum went after him he had been out there with others trying to help. He was not the AGGRESOR they were. If he had been the aggresor acting like a vigilante he'd have been convicted.

I know that fact seems to chap your a#$ but I dont know what to tell you. It is what it is.
Don't preach to me, I have been living with this shyte for 64 years! One of the reasons I mentioned 1968 is because those riots directly affected me a few months later and the next year, so save it. The BS in Milwaukee creeps closer and closer every f&cking day- trust me, I'm well aware that we aren't living in a civilized society but we ARE supposed to be that. The problem is that too many idiots have taught that anyone can do whatever the f&ck they want and not suffer the consequences. Huber and Rosenberg briefly learned the reality of this. The Milwaukee PD is so depleted that they can't possibly stop all of the crime and just this morning, car thefts and thefts from vehicles have been going on since I started listening to the scanner- since I need to go to one of the areas where this shyte is happening in order to do some work, I like to know if my van and tools will be safe. I can't very well stand by the window and plink from the 3rd floor of that house.

If he wasn't taking the law into his own hands to some degree, why the eff did he take a gun? I never said he went out to hunt the 'protesters' down like feral hogs, but I doubt he would have been in this situation if he had been unarmed, like the majority of the others. IIRC, he's the only one who killed anyone on that night.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Don't preach to me, I have been living with this shyte for 64 years! One of the reasons I mentioned 1968 is because those riots directly affected me a few months later and the next year, so save it. The BS in Milwaukee creeps closer and closer every f&cking day- trust me, I'm well aware that we aren't living in a civilized society but we ARE supposed to be that. The problem is that too many idiots have taught that anyone can do whatever the f&ck they want and not suffer the consequences. Huber and Rosenberg briefly learned the reality of this. The Milwaukee PD is so depleted that they can't possibly stop all of the crime and just this morning, car thefts and thefts from vehicles have been going on since I started listening to the scanner- since I need to go to one of the areas where this shyte is happening in order to do some work, I like to know if my van and tools will be safe. I can't very well stand by the window and plink from the 3rd floor of that house.

If he wasn't taking the law into his own hands to some degree, why the eff did he take a gun? I never said he went out to hunt the 'protesters' down like feral hogs, but I doubt he would have been in this situation if he had been unarmed, like the majority of the others. IIRC, he's the only one who killed anyone on that night.
Like you said we are supposed to be living in a civilized society but we aren't.

And what are people going to do in a society that we aren't. Just sit there and take it,?

Enjoy another what did they call it last year a summer of love?

Not preaching just stating the facts. I'm not trying to antagonize you you clearly want the government local and federal to maintain law and order I respect that. I and many others clearly see that this current administration will not or cannot do that.

Im very sorry your going through it. Needing to listen to a scanner just so you can go to work and make sure your equipment and yourself is safe?

Man your current situation is not convincing me to not arm myself or that Kyle was in the wrong for having a gun that night. It's doing the opposite

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

highfigh

highfigh

Like you said we are supposed to be living in a civilized society but we aren't.

And what are people going to do in a society that we aren't. Just sit there and take it,?

Enjoy another what did they call it last year a summer of love?

Not preaching just stating the facts. I'm not trying to antagonize you you clearly want the government local and federal to maintain law and order I respect that. I and many others clearly see that this current administration will not or cannot do that.

Im very sorry your going through it. Needing to listen to a scanner just so you can go to work and make sure your equipment and yourself is safe?

Man your current situation is not convincing me to not arm myself or that Kyle was in the wrong for having a gun that night. It's doing the opposite

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Let them come to us. If that happens, game on and it will just be part of the 'Being a criminal' experience.

'69 was Summer of Love- '68 was Summer of Crap.

I listen to the scanner regardless of going to work- this city has so much going on (and has for years) that it's now just part of 'situational awareness'.

Since you're in TX, what the hell is going on in Houston? Jeez! It's like a war zone!

I'm not telling anyone that they shouldn't or can't arm themselves- my whole point is:

He was a minor and took a rifle to a 'protest' illegally and he didn't need to be there. Regardless of the character of those he shot, it didn't need to happen and if people want a civilized society, they sometimes need to make the first move by not being violent and stupid but sometimes (most, really), they need to be told to stop those acts and yes, I realize that's like telling a fire not to burn- it's not working.

BTW- I checked this morning and WI no longer has a requirement to retreat. I was surprised to see that Illinois is now a 'Shall Issue' state but they don't recognize the permits of any state that I checked (basically gave up after about 20). They are a Castle Doctrine state an also don't require retreat. Illinois isn't the problem- Chicago is the problem.

Be safe.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Let them come to us. If that happens, game on and it will just be part of the 'Being a criminal' experience.

'69 was Summer of Love- '68 was Summer of Crap.

I listen to the scanner regardless of going to work- this city has so much going on (and has for years) that it's now just part of 'situational awareness'.

Since you're in TX, what the hell is going on in Houston? Jeez! It's like a war zone!

I'm not telling anyone that they shouldn't or can't arm themselves- my whole point is:

He was a minor and took a rifle to a 'protest' illegally and he didn't need to be there. Regardless of the character of those he shot, it didn't need to happen and if people want a civilized society, they sometimes need to make the first move by not being violent and stupid but sometimes (most, really), they need to be told to stop those acts and yes, I realize that's like telling a fire not to burn- it's not working.

BTW- I checked this morning and WI no longer has a requirement to retreat. I was surprised to see that Illinois is now a 'Shall Issue' state but they don't recognize the permits of any state that I checked (basically gave up after about 20). They are a Castle Doctrine state an also don't require retreat. Illinois isn't the problem- Chicago is the problem.

Be safe.
You too be safe out there

jinjuku

jinjuku

He was 17.

He went there with a rifle, so he had some expectation that he might use it- he wasn't using it as a cane or prop.

What if your 17 year old son were to go to a protest like this, with a rifle, across state lines with a weapon he doesn't own? Rittenhouse paid for it, but legally, couldn't legally purchase the gun from a dealer because again, he was only 17.

I guess 'preparation' would have been better than 'premeditation', but he still did it wrong, if his goal was to operate within the laws of WI.
AHHHHH. KR wasn't concealing. He was open carrying.

The point I'm trying to make is that you said, IMO, that being aware of the requirements of self defense some how equated to premeditation.

I know CPR, it doesn't mean that if I'm performing CPR I created the situation that necessitated it.

FFS HE DID NOT CROSS STATE LINES WITH A WEAPON! For the last time can we concede this fact?

All the carry and gun charges are dropped. Now if you want to stipulate that we need better, more coherent laws on the subject I'm in 100% agreement with you there.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Generally if you are carrying, open or concealed, it's because you might end up having to use it and hope you don't have to.

highfigh

highfigh

You too be safe out there
Honestly, I don't worry about safety, other than trying to avoid being in a place where I might be hit by crossfire or some whack who goes off due to road rage and with the number of idiots who are driving like they're in a race or demo derby, that's always a possibility. The fact is, the violence doesn't usually cross racial lines, unless the parties involved knew each other before or they just lose their damn minds (like the guy in Waukesha, who should have been locked up). I saw a report about Chicago and they put the guy in jail without bond, which must be a reaction to what happened here because Illinois or Chicago recently became a 'no bail' area. We have had far too much crime committed by repeat offenders who have several arrests for violence and weapons.

I also think that judges and prosecutors who are directly responsible for events that could easily have been prevented should be subject to liability- at this point, they're completely immune.

jinjuku

jinjuku

This poop is on the local and state government. Do your job so a bunch of untrained citizens feel like they have too.

Also the Blake shooting was ruled as justified. He was fighting the cops, had a knife, less lethal taser was used twice without any compliance. No LEO walked up to him and put 7 rounds on him.

This is what liberal capitulation gets you. And I'm a lifelong Dem.

jinjuku

jinjuku

People who aren't members of law enforcement are called vigilantes when they take the law into their own hands in a place that's not their own property
That could be debated in the absence of law enforcement. Think about it please.

When seconds count cops are only minutes away. Or in this case never coming.

highfigh

highfigh

AHHHHH. KR wasn't concealing. He was open carrying.

The point I'm trying to make is that you said, IMO, that being aware of the requirements of self defense some how equated to premeditation.

I know CPR, it doesn't mean that if I'm performing CPR I created the situation that necessitated it.

FFS HE DID NOT CROSS STATE LINES WITH A WEAPON! For the last time can we concede this fact?

All the carry and gun charges are dropped. Now if you want to stipulate that we need better, more coherent laws on the subject I'm in 100% agreement with you there.
Read the laws- a minor can't legally open carry in Wisconsin and concealed carry is only legal if the person is 21. Part of the cloudiness has to do with whether the firearm is required to be registered in the carrier's name and several states have that, but WI wasn't one of the states mentioned in the blue 'Open Carry' button in this link-

WRT the charges being dropped, I have to wonder if the judge will discuss this in the future- haven't seen anything about his logic in that decision.

From the link below-

"Black himself has been charged with two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor, causing death. His own trial has been delayed until after the Rittenhouse trial has finished."

highfigh

highfigh

That could be debated in the absence of law enforcement. Think about it please.

When seconds count cops are only minutes away. Or in this case never coming.
LEO were there, they just weren't doing anything to stop much of what was happening.

Your last point is exactly the reason more people in the inner cities are buying guns and getting their permit. They don't like the crime anymore than anyone else and are sick of being victimized. Hopefully, LEO will take the time to get the details when they contact these people, rather than just overreact. The whole reason people of color didn't like the verdict is because they think only White people can defend themselves, but that's not exclusive.

Here's a defensive gun use that could have gone very differently, with the defender carrying illegally. Personally, I hope the court goes easy on him but that's not for me to determine. The GoFundMe page indicates that he's 39, in college for his PhD in Psychology. I know the area where this happened- my aunt & uncle lived a block away and as kids, we used to go to the park across the street. It was a nice area, but that ship sailed quite a while ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis