Incongruous media coverage of Rittenhouse vs actual testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Let the spin begin:

View attachment 51912

If this would have been a 17 year old white male that crossed state lines... Vastly different headline.
Translate: Waukesha held a moment of silence Sunday honoring those dead who were hit by a man who plowed through a Xmas parade.

I suppose they could've added "a black man", but the idea of adding that comes across as inappropriate since anyone following the story already knows it was a black man.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Translate: Waukesha held a moment of silence Sunday honoring those dead who were hit by a man who plowed through a Xmas parade.

I suppose they could've added "a black man", but the idea of adding that comes across as inappropriate since anyone following the story already knows it was a black man.
Well I suppose there's truth to that. Would they have said "white" man? Maybe so.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well I suppose there's truth to that. Would they have said "white" man? Maybe so.
Nah they would have said white male supremacist commits terrorist attack all of the above blah blah blah blah

I agree with your point regarding this article why drag the politics and other b.s. into an article about how they are honoring there lost loved ones

but make no doubt if the driver would have been white they'd have been blasting this all over the liberal news and it wouldn't have been pretty

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Everyone one knows the media is biased and also the content providers like YouTube FaceBook etc have an agenda

The unspoken elephant in the room is how much of this obviously media hypocrisy both left and right has damaged the average persons trust in the media and really in there government both local and federal?

And how much did that lack of trust and faith contribute to other areas such as anti vaxxers? Im not talking about the out there quacks but normal everyday on the fence people that just see all the spins and the bias and the fear and shock tactics the media like to bomb you with and this just increases there skepticism and increases there refusal to cooperate?

I think it really went downhill when the media refused to cover the protests that turned into riots that happened last year HONESTLY

The media spin on certain policies regarding crime, police, education, policies and politicians. I don't think the middle of the road everyday citizen has forgotten or forgiven them for that.

And so that building anger then spills into defiance in other areas.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Nah they would have said white male supremacist commits terrorist attack all of the above blah blah blah blah

I agree with your point regarding this article why drag the politics and other b.s. into an article about how they are honoring there lost loved ones

but make no doubt if the driver would have been white they'd have been blasting this all over the liberal news and it wouldn't have been pretty
I doubt it. About the most I can see is they'd do is add "white."
I'm also getting tired of people who don't watch CNN/Msnbc giving false equivalence to Hannity, Tucker, Lou Dobbs (when he was on), Newsmax. The problem with conservative media is there are far more political actors than news anchors. Granted you do not share the left's views, but by and large I'd group them as news anchors. Until the void is filled by conservative news with actual journalism on the left it's just a cesspool of conspiracy and hate. (Note again it isn't the left's job to point out left misdoings. That's the right's job. Jeez.....) There's also tone. I'd rather watch CNN/Msnbc than watch Faux. Breitbart or whatever his name on Faux is good. He just reports the news.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Everyone one knows the media is biased and also the content providers like YouTube FaceBook etc have an agenda

The unspoken elephant in the room is how much of this obviously media hypocrisy both left and right has damaged the average persons trust in the media and really in there government both local and federal?

And how much did that lack of trust and faith contribute to other areas such as anti vaxxers? Im not talking about the out there quacks but normal everyday on the fence people that just see all the spins and the bias and the fear and shock tactics the media like to bomb you with and this just increases there skepticism and increases there refusal to cooperate?

I think it really went downhill when the media refused to cover the protests that turned into riots that happened last year HONESTLY

The media spin on certain policies regarding crime, police, education, policies and politicians. I don't think the middle of the road everyday citizen has forgotten or forgiven them for that.

And so that building anger then spills into defiance in other areas.
I think a different angle might be Faux hosts deliberately holding an antivax position while being vax'd. I'm having a hard time seeing no matter what example from the left you give there being an equivalence? Looks to me like they're killing their own for the sake of opposing the left. Then you're upset because the left media didn't cover antifa/Floyd riots while the right buries the Jan 6th riot. That's not how it works with partisan news channels. Then you people go above and beyond by wanting an investigation into the side that holds your party's values, but not the other because it really wasn't an insurrection.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I'm also getting tired of people who don't watch CNN/Msnbc giving false equivalence to Hannity, Tucker, Lou Dobbs (when he was on), Newsmax. The problem with conservative media is there are far more political actors than news anchors. Granted you do not share the left's views, but by and large I'd group them as news anchors. Until the void is filled by conservative news with actual journalism on the left it's just a cesspool of conspiracy and hate. (Note again it isn't the left's job to point out left misdoings. That's the right's job. Jeez.....) There's also tone. I'd rather watch CNN/Msnbc than watch Faux. Breitbart or whatever his name on Faux is good. He just reports the news.
All the news shows, slant the news to up their ratings. I was reading this
"
"" What is the main aim of news?

News is that part of communication that keeps us informed of the changing events, issues, and characters in the world outside. Though it may be interesting or even entertaining, the foremost value of news is as a utility to empower the informed. "

Say What.

Hell they provide the news their way to satisfy their media position, be it CNN which is a little left or Fox right. news is entertainment to obtain that ratings win.

Me I read the AP News which seems to me to be neutral. Freaking hate news shows these days.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
All the news shows, slant the news to up their ratings. I was reading this
"
"" What is the main aim of news?

News is that part of communication that keeps us informed of the changing events, issues, and characters in the world outside. Though it may be interesting or even entertaining, the foremost value of news is as a utility to empower the informed. "

Say What.

Hell they provide the news their way to satisfy their media position, be it CNN which is a little left or Fox right. news is entertainment to obtain that ratings win.

Me I read the AP News which seems to me to be neutral. Freaking hate news shows these days.
CNN/Msnbc don't push hate though. That's the difference. It can be directed squarely at Hannity and Tucker.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
CNN/Msnbc don't push hate though. That's the difference. It can be directed squarely at Hannity and Tucker.
I've said this before in other threads you seem to keep missing it. I don't like or trust mainstream news outlets whether they are from the right or the left.

They are all full of it and they are all the same just a mouthpiece to support there tribe

They talk about an event and then I'll do my own research that's as far as it goes with me

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
So True, Foxy News is rough neck news following the big orange guy. Its going to be a hoot when Trumpo doesn't run, then it will be DeSantis who is a mini Trumpo. I hate the news on TV, even the local stations are supporting whoever makes them look good. .

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I've said this before in other threads you seem to keep missing it. I don't like or trust mainstream news outlets whether they are from the right or the left.

They are all full of it and they are all the same just a mouthpiece to support there tribe

They talk about an event and then I'll do my own research that's as far as it goes with me
Yet you just blamed the peoples distrust of the vaccine on the left and not the right's antivax while being vax'd position. Who here is the bigger problem?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
CNN and Msnbc don't push hate? Bro please. Joy Reid and her white tears comments? Her comments on that white girl that went missing?
Don Lemon the most hypocritical race peddling trash I've ever seen only brought up the violence last year live on TV and I QUOTE him live "because it was showing up in the democratic polls before election"

Cuomo using his connections to support his brother? How long had that been going on?
An Msnbc reporter busted following the Rittenhouse jury bus? Trying to dox the jurors?

And I'm just getting warmed up. They are just like everything you pointed out with the right wing media

Malcolm X said it best. The conservative is not the black man's friend. But the liberals are worse they'll come up pretending to be your friend and stab you in the back.

That's the modern media perfectly. Conservatives are just dicks to your face. Liberal media they act so nice they're the good guys right? But they're just the same. Just wolves wearing sheep's clothing

2 different styles but the same outcome. They both wanna screw you over and manipulate you to push there tribe

I'm not of either tribe no more. I'll just vote for the tribe that's the lesser evil at this point. Which in my eyes is not the Democrats right now. Maybe they'll change my mind they still have 3 years to do it.

That's just how I feel about it

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yet you just blamed the peoples distrust of the vaccine on the left and not the right's antivax while being vax'd position. Who here is the bigger problem?
That's an easy answer

BOTH!

There was already going to be opposition but when you get the left just being so hypocritical violating there own Covid rules.
Being so full of crap on the riots police the border crime and other issues last year.

You think anybody sitting on the fence is going to respect what you then have to say?

Let's go Brandon saying I'm going to unite people again then calling a 17 year old kid a white supremacist before he's even gone into trial?

His own party bailing out rioters? Saying everything is about racism and white supremacy when it's not?

But oh you should really now trust the vaxx and mandates and lockdowns. Really? Even minorities are not buying it they're one of the biggest groups that wont vax

If hed have actually backed up his words of bringing people together at his inauguration speech with some actions fair across the board the millions of Republicans that broke party lines to support him would he a lot more receptive to the rules he pushes if he wasn't like the media so full of crap

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That's an easy answer

BOTH!

There was already going to be opposition but when you get the left just being so hypocritical violating there own Covid rules.
Being so full of crap on the riots police the border crime and other issues last year.

You think anybody sitting on the fence is going to respect what you then have to say?

Let's go Brandon saying I'm going to unite people again then calling a 17 year old kid a white supremacist before he's even gone into trial?

His own party bailing out rioters? Saying everything is about racism and white supremacy when it's not?

But oh you should really now trust the vaxx and mandates and lockdowns. Really? Even minorities are not buying it they're one of the biggest groups that wont vax

If hed have actually backed up his words of bringing people together at his inauguration speech with some actions fair across the board the millions of Republicans that broke party lines to support him would he a lot more receptive to the rules he pushes if he wasn't like the media so full of crap
And that's ultimately my point you want to lead or get people to respect your view? News or politicians right or left you gotta play it straight for both sides.

Otherwise nobody is going to respect your rules or the crap your saying

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

The moment of silence was for the victims, not the attacker. Other communities are doing the same.

So many people contributed to this......

highfigh

highfigh

Bret Baier?

I don't understand why anyone would rather watch someone who's self-righteous and sanctimonious than someone who's sick of the carnage, damage caused by the agendas in Congress, the lack of sense in government, peoples' behavior, and loss of humanity in the World and never consider the possibility that their views might be skewed or wrong, or that what they were taught might be wrong. I can't really name anyone who's really great on the conservative side of media either, since their job is to gain viewers and ad revenue anyway, but I think you get what I mean.

When the Left blames inanimate objects for crimes and terrible acts and not the people, nothing will be solved. A car didn't "drive through a parade" and "guns don't kill people". These come from decisions, made by people who can't control themselves or come up with a better way of dealing with a problem, real or perceived. The SUV is owned by the a$$hole's mom and far too many shootings happen because people who can't legally possess guns acquire them, anyway. Many shootings are inevitable, caused by little or no effort in making sure someone can't get the gun. The Left can't seem to wrap their heads around this, though and it's hard to know how to fix that. They like to control people and I don't know why the ones who shout "The GOP is authoritarian" can't see this. Biden is trying to force people to do things they don't want to or shouldn't because of medical concerns, but the GOP is authoritarian. If we end up in a situation like Austria, something needs to be done about it- if you haven't seen it, they have plans to make vaccination compulsory for all.

Don't shoot me for the source- it's not the first one I saw, but it was just easy to grab the link.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

They push hate, just not toward the same people and not in the same ways. Also, being on the right side of the political aisle doesn't automatically make someone racist, bigot, hater of minorities, a money grubbing a$$hole and you should already know that each side has varying degrees of liberalism or conservatism. Also, labeling someone as one or the other before finding out where they stand on the various issues is just using them for targeting hatred and that's called, er, 'prejudice'. That word doesn't only apply to race. There are many people who are socially liberal but fiscally conservative, yet they register as Republican because there's no way they fit the description as 'liberal'. OTOH, there are so many aspects of classic Liberalism that have disappeared that most Liberals don't fit the description, either. It applies to both sides and the center is basically unidentified and ignored.

Rewording the details of events in an effort to avoid dealing with the reality of it needs to stop- reporting the news needs to return to being fact-based, not sensationalism and being the first on the scene for the sake of add revenue. It's not news, it's entertainment for them and their audience.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
They push hate, just not toward the same people and not in the same ways. Also, being on the right side of the political aisle doesn't automatically make someone racist, bigot, hater of minorities, a money grubbing a$$hole and you should already know that each side has varying degrees of liberalism or conservatism. Also, labeling someone as one or the other before finding out where they stand on the various issues is just using them for targeting hatred and that's called, er, 'prejudice'. That word doesn't only apply to race. There are many people who are socially liberal but fiscally conservative, yet they register as Republican because there's no way they fit the description as 'liberal'. OTOH, there are so many aspects of classic Liberalism that have disappeared that most Liberals don't fit the description, either. It applies to both sides and the center is basically unidentified and ignored.

Rewording the details of events in an effort to avoid dealing with the reality of it needs to stop- reporting the news needs to return to being fact-based, not sensationalism and being the first on the scene for the sake of add revenue. It's not news, it's entertainment for them and their audience.
Any examples of CNN and msnbc pushing hate?
I also think you're mixing pure journalism (ie a robbery happened down the street) with partisan journalism. I'm aware CNN is on the left. I don't watch them expecting dirt on the left. I watch them for what they have on the right. Now if the right had more journalism maybe they'd get somewhere. This is TV I'm talking about.

highfigh

highfigh

Any examples of CNN and msnbc pushing hate?
I also think you're mixing pure journalism (ie a robbery happened down the street) with partisan journalism. I'm aware CNN is on the left. I don't watch them expecting dirt on the left. I watch them for what they have on the right. Now if the right had more journalism maybe they'd get somewhere. This is TV I'm talking about.
Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper- they hate Conservatives almost without exception and apologize for liberals.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That's an easy answer

BOTH!

But they know enough not to get caught. That's the point. Faux is pushing it to their dumb base.
Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper- they hate Conservatives almost without exception and apologize for liberals.
Ok so no links? They hate conservatives and push lies and conspiracies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis